IH Intake Manifold January 22, 2011 11:08AM
I run a 466 open rpm ih motor. 3x3 charger P pump. I see everyone has these truck intake manifolds for sale off the 93 intercooled motors. What is the actual gain with this manifold? Im confused as to how this will benefit the motor. Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: IH Intake Manifold January 22, 2011 12:08PM
is there any diffrence between rear feed intake, and center feed intake for horsepower diffrence??

Re: IH Intake Manifold January 24, 2011 11:51AM
No one can help either of us with these questions?

Re: IH Intake Manifold January 24, 2011 10:15PM
There are a few differences: the overall depth of the manifold is greater and it becomes wider at the ends to allow the air to fill the end cylinders more evenly, additionally the intake neck is larger and has an angled cut to presumably decrease the amount of turbulence at the point of intake. I know alot of SF pullers use them because they are an accepted replacement part. They were used on early 90's air to air intercooled dt engines. Part # 1815307c1.
They have become harder to come by and pretty expensive over the past few years.
Hope this helps.
Rob Bonino

Re: IH Intake Manifold January 24, 2011 08:49PM
The truck manifold is larger and allows more air to #1 they tend to run a more even air flow. IH started useing them on the higher HP truck engines be cause of scoring or over heating #1 hole this helped that problem. Keep this in mind if you are injecting water in your cross over, Helps keep things a little more even. As far as seeing big HP gain from it, I don't think you could tell a real big diffence. But keeping a even air flow will help some what.

Re: IH Intake Manifold January 27, 2011 03:57PM
does anyone run the ih dual feed intake? is there any advantage to it?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009