ulss motor question January 23, 2011 10:43AM
since the 903 cummins is a go , would a 2 cycle detroit be legal too.im basing this on that they were used in ag equipment too...has anyone ever tried a 2 cycle on alky,or did dd make them with sparkplugs for another application..

Re: ulss motor question January 23, 2011 11:22AM
Assuming that you mean the 903 is PPL legal.
Isn't NTPA legal anymore.
Unless the wind changed and now it is legal again,,,
I don't think the Detroit would make a very good pulling engine, all that oil leaking could get on the tires and make it spin out too easy, if you could keep all the leaks to the middle of the tractor, it could make the sled slide easier !!
Maybe slice a 55 gallon drum lengthwise and hang it under the Detroit, and make the drain hole at the back, right in the missle and you might have something,,,

Re: ulss motor question January 23, 2011 01:23PM
Since when is the 903 not allowed?

Re: ulss motor question January 23, 2011 05:01PM
Have to go back thru the tech. archives.
Beaudrey has blown theirs up and are building different, and the other cheeseland tractor that was trying to use a 903 is changing over to a DT, so since there are no 903's currently, was easy to "outlaw" them.
This is only NTPA.
No idee what PPL or Outlaws LLC will allow.

Re: ulss motor question January 23, 2011 10:12PM
Funny, I thought Kevin Campbell from PA (Controlled Chaos) has a 903 Cummins, and he just ran it last season (last part of it) in NTPA.

Re: ulss motor question January 24, 2011 01:27AM
We are allowed to pull both PPL and NTPA. Have been for years. There are 3 of them in the class. I never understand why people think they are not allowed.

Re: ulss motor question January 24, 2011 05:37AM
heard blackburn was going to fire up the new one (903) over the past weekend, anybody here if it started or not

Re: ulss motor question January 24, 2011 02:30PM
How does NTPA allow them with the "2 wheel drive ag application rule" in the rule book. To my knowledge 903 never came in a 2 wheel drive tractor. If this is legal then is a Cat 3406 also legal in a super stock tractor?? I'd like to hear Richwine weigh in on this one??

Re: ulss motor question January 25, 2011 02:13AM
The reason is because you are allowed any ag type motor 2wd or not at the GN level only. (was origonally only allowed to be from the same brand as the sheetmetal but it does not matter now)It restricts me to GN where the other guys in the class can run some state and regional SS if they allow OHC like ohio.

Re: ulss motor question January 25, 2011 03:35AM
Thanks for the explaination Kevin. I really wish they would clean up, consolidate and simplify the rule book. It seems as though one section contradicts the other. I've read the superstock rules several times and still get a headache when I'm done 2010 rule book anyway . Haven't got my 2011 yet maybe thats better.

Good luck this year

Re: ulss motor question January 25, 2011 09:13AM
903 is still in there and will be for a while yet. Sorry to disappoint you.

Re: ulss motor question January 25, 2011 09:23AM
Actually not disapointed !!!!!
Hope you get it running consistiantly nasty !!!

Re: ulss motor question January 24, 2011 05:18AM
What detroit and what ag equipment???? A group of guys from the netherlands were going to try a 6-71 alky a few years ago, saw a few pics on sascha's site, but never heard anymore about it. I would think If you were to do it you would probably just turn it into a four stroke with new liners and aluminum heads. Do away with the blower its a restriction anyway. It would be pricey, but I bet it would run!!! As for the oil leaking comment, If a detroit doesn't leak, I wouldn't want to be around it because it wouldnt be long before it would be running away!!!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,748, Posts: 229,892, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,087, Posts: 225,995.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM