ITPA 2011 schedule- # of hooks per class January 24, 2011 04:56AM
I was curious to see how many hooks each ITPA class had for the 2011 season. These numbers are based on the ITPA schedule as of 1/20/2011 and includes PPL co-sanctioned hooks, but doesnt include the IL State Fair.

5800# Modified (17)
8000# Diesel 4x4 (23)
8200# Limited Pro (18)
8200# Super Stock (6)
7800# Modified (7)
9500# Pro Farm (14)
6200# 2wd (15)
10,000# Pro Stock (19)
6000# Super Stock (8)
9500# Limited Pro (20)
5500# Classic (11)
5500# Antique (8)
1800# Limited Mini Rod (5)
20,000# Semi (6)
12,000# Pro Farm (7)
1050# Super Stock (5)
2000# Mini Rod (4)
6200# Modified 4x4 (6)

Several classes here that could use a few more hooks!

Re: ITPA 2011 schedule- # of hooks per class January 24, 2011 05:30AM
amen..
hahahaha

Re: ITPA 2011 schedule- # of hooks per class January 24, 2011 04:06PM
I see where the 6200 2wd class has 15 pulls. Does anyone know if intercoolers are allowed in that class? Also is vp's m5 fuel allowed also?

Re: ITPA 2011 schedule- # of hooks per class January 25, 2011 07:20AM
According to ITPA officials they do not determined or pick out what classes a fair should choose they only tell them about the class and about how many participants there might be in that class. This being said how do the new classes that get put in always seem to get the majority of the pulls when they havent even had proven numbers or proven competion? Im not one to put down new classes, becuase we do need to update every so often and change with the times but it seems that these new classes go gang busters because of the hype put on them and then cant live up to it or they get overbooked and the class goes down hill because competitors cant keep equipment together for that many hooks. I guess what Im trying to say is spread it around and just try to keep everyone as satisfied as you can and I know that youll never keep everyone happy but the effort would be very much appreciated.

Re: ITPA 2011 schedule- # of hooks per class January 25, 2011 07:57AM
I See 2, I agree. Although I prefer to watch and follow certain ITPA classes over others, each class should be given more opportunities to hook. What's fair for one, is fair for all. Knowing life isnt fair, that will never happen. Going to ITPA hooks with a puller during the summers of 06 & 07, and looking back at the number of hooks their class had then, there seems to be less and less for that class each year. There are opportunities for guys to run NTPA, PPL or Outlaws or other state/regional groups, but in some classes, the rules arent the same across state lines. As an example, which has been discussed thoroughly already, and not trying to open that discussion back up, if a diesel tractor class in ITPA does allow intercoolers but an organization in Missouri doesnt, then that puller cant hook with them. I feel for everyone who has $$ and pride invested in their puller that can only hook 5 or 6 times or less with ITPA. In some classes, thats alot of $$ invested in a vehicle that spends more time on the trailer or in the shop than on the track. That leaves a guy with decisions to make. Do I keep running ITPA and find other hooks? Do I change classes completely? Do I sell the vehicle and get out of pulling? Do I invest more $$ to make my vehicle legal in other organizations?

Alot can and probably will be said in response to this. Not trying to open a can. Just thoughts I have had for several years when looking at the ITPA schedule. Pulling is about enjoyment, if you are a competitor. It's hard to get much enjoyment out of it, regardless of what class you run, if you dont have many hooks. Hopefully these classes that lack number of hooks arent getting slowly weeded out because there arent many competitors. I would hate to see that for the sake of the future of pulling in IL and elsewhere, the competitor and pulling fan!

Re: ITPA 2011 schedule- # of hooks per class January 25, 2011 08:24AM
not many alcohol 4wd mod hooks, what a shame....

Re: ITPA 2011 schedule- # of hooks per class January 25, 2011 08:48AM
We may not have alot of hooks but you will see Corn Fed at them all....thank you Greenville and Knoxville for taking us back..and to all the fairs that booked us thank you

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2011 08:50AM by Jason Brammer.

Re: ITPA 2011 schedule- # of hooks per class January 25, 2011 08:58AM
good luck to you this season Jason! wish we'd see Gerald back on the track!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/25/2011 03:10PM by igtpull1.

Re: ITPA 2011 schedule- # of hooks per class January 25, 2011 03:27PM
What does ITPA stand for?

Re: ITPA 2011 schedule- # of hooks per class January 25, 2011 03:35PM
Idiots Tractor Pulling Alot j/k Illinois Tractor pulling association

Re: ITPA 2011 schedule- # of hooks per class January 26, 2011 01:30AM
Thank you. Not trying to bash any other class, but it is TRACTOR pulling association and that is where it started. Maybe they need to get back down to earth a little bit instead of driving down the track 200 to 250 feet in order to get backed up to the sled. You all know what I am talking about.

Re: ITPA 2011 schedule- # of hooks per class January 26, 2011 02:08AM
Well I see its pobably not to hard to back that cumputer up to the sled and be a computer puller....we just feel lucky to have the pulls we do with grand national an ITPA we will hook 24 times ...if you dont like trucks there are other people that would love to have your seat.....you all know what im talkin about

Re: ITPA 2011 schedule- # of hooks per class January 26, 2011 04:25AM
Now Jason, I was not trying to bash anything especially your class.
I have never seen you drive out 250 feet to get hooked up to the sled.
Nor have I ever seen a track official help you get backed up like I have seen in another one.
And what representation does your class have on that board? None that I am aware of.
Your class could use some more hooks in ITPA. Others don't.
Think about it.

Re: ITPA 2011 schedule- # of hooks per class January 26, 2011 04:49AM
the bottem line is the fairboards decide what classes they want. (not itpa) sometimes its because a certain class has few numbers, i do know that most fairs want a varitaty, (smoke, noise, tracter, truck) the diesel trucks came in and replaced the semi's at a lot of fairs, and also took pulls from the 4wd trucks, the same will happen with the 95 limited pro, it will take over at the fairs that cant get pro stocks, or super stocks, you need to talk to your fair about getting your class.

Re: ITPA 2011 schedule- # of hooks per class January 26, 2011 06:23AM
i agree i see and i believe i have said it before on here each class should have a board member, not by zones the way it is....but it is what it is ....you either pull there or dont.... but if you dont there will be no place to start pullin or go back to...it makes our schedule realy crazy making them all but you have to support the fairs that have you...and provide hooks for the guys just starting....the only way your gonna get more hooks is by talking to fairs yourself and supporting the ones you have

Re: ITPA 2011 schedule- # of hooks per class Attn;Jason January 26, 2011 01:55PM
I remember a few years back,of course late at night, when a Suzuki Sidekick took a lap around the Illinois State Fair track. Where it was quickly pursued by some of Illinois "finest". That was the quickest I ever saw anyone load their tow vehicle in a hauler. A few cool ones were had by all that night!

Re: ITPA 2011 schedule- # of hooks per class Attn;Jason January 26, 2011 02:45PM
Yep, sounds like "professional" pulling to me!!!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009