Alcohol vs Diesel in NY January 24, 2011 12:34PM
Why does it seem like the diesels are so scared of the alcohol tractors in western NY? Not only are the handicapped weight but cubic inch at the same time. I see the biggest difference in their LSS class. If im not mistaken there is a "special" catagory in PPL's rulebook just for ESP. This seems a bit odd to me. I dont believe its fair to a group of hard working guys who are being basically "penalized" because of the brand of fuel they run. Its not their fault they built their tractor for half the price as a diesel and it runs twice as strong and stays together longer. I can understand you handicapping them some cubic inch if the diesels cant compete to keep the class competitive and put on a good show but to take weight away too seems a bit much. I believe the weight should be within a couple hundred pounds if not even up for SAFETY more than anything. I just wish I could hear them admit that if it were even up they couldnt compete with the alcohols. I'd especially like to hear that come out of Henry Evermans mouth haha.

Re: Alcohol vs Diesel in NY January 24, 2011 01:18PM
Didn't an alcohol tractor win the LSS points in 2010??

Re: Alcohol vs Diesel in NY January 25, 2011 01:07AM
dan your exactly right,mr. hootman did win the points in lss 2010. with the best equipment he could assemble. COMPONENT CHASSIS'. what diesel tractor in lss esp in 2010 had a component chassis? let's compare apples to apples,not apple to oranges here. until the last couple of years the alky's were handicapped so bad in the heavy class they stopped running it. why? because the ag diesel guys could'nt run with them. well now henry,loyd,and roy have better chassis,lets run it even weight then tweak as you go. same now will be said of lss as dave e will be running a hootman built chassis. they tried changing the mods to,voted down.why? cause mark cole assembled a legal tractor to the best of his ability. it's up to the rest of the class to step it up if they want to compete. don't whine and cry to change rules,step up your game. or go pull for fun!

Re: Alcohol vs Diesel in NY January 25, 2011 01:11AM
WELL SAID ESPFAN.

Re: Alcohol vs Diesel in NY January 25, 2011 01:33AM
I think ESP has a pretty good thing going right now. Sure every club could use a few minor rule tweaks, and all clubs should strive for constant improvement, but I don’t think ESP needs to make any huge changes.

Yes, the alcohol tractors are limited on cubic inches, but honestly I think the 504 limit is perfect for both the Heavy and Light Super Stock classes. I think ALL regions of the country should adopt a 504 limit for alcohol tractors on the state and regional levels; it makes for a much more even show.

In the Heavy Super Stock: The 500 lb. difference in the Heavy class is a much welcomed improvement over what it’s been for the past few years. The alcohol tractors should start showing up in the class again now that they have a fighting chance.

In the Light Super Stock: The Diesel Supers currently have a 400 lb. advantage. That weight difference may get tested this year if Dave Everman can make weight and gets his new tractor dialed in. Personally I wouldn’t mind seeing the LSS class pull heads up like it does in the NTPA but we’ll get to see this year how things shake out at 400 lbs. The NTPA also limits both fuel types to 505 cubic inches which is something ESP might want to look at addressing in a year or two as well.

Overall ESP is heading in the right direction and their rules have been getting better and better.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Alcohol vs Diesel in NY January 25, 2011 03:14AM
Very much agree with everthing you just said Jake ! Even comming from me (or anyone else in my shoes) that doesn't have much money to spend on tractor pulling, I think the rules are very fair and keep the class REAL ! I know comming into this i'm not going to number 1, nor do i feel the need to be, but I also know that i couldn't ask for a better chance to be a competitor with the rules that have been set than with ESP. I like getting a fan's perspective on this, but I know from a pullers perspective the rules are fair to all involved in ESP including the sled operator that has the enormous responsibility of stopping tractors and doing so in a manner that affords a promoter and the fan's a great show. There is a reason ESP has different rules than anyone else in PPL, it's because they work ! Will they ever change ?? I can only hope with time and economical improvements in diesel technology that the rules will be straight up thus eliminating (or atleast reducing) the alky diesel controversy, but for now, it's still a good conversation piece. Thanks for allowing me my two cents Jake.

Re: Alcohol vs Diesel in NY January 25, 2011 09:36AM
I hope that the NYTPA brings the class the same as ESP at 500 lbs difference between alcohol and diesel.Wake up Horton; give us alcohol tractors a break!

Re: Alcohol vs Diesel in NY January 27, 2011 04:34AM
I KNOW YOU AREN'T TALKING FOR ALL OF THE NYTPA ALKY SUPERS. IF YOU TALK WITH LANCE HE WILL AGREE THAT NYTPA HAS A GOOD RULE SETTING WITH THE WEIGHT DIFFERANCE. AFTER ALL LANCE WILL EVEN TELL YOU THE SAME. HE DOES NOT HAVE THE BEST STUFF MONEY CAN BUY BUT, EVEN IF HE DID THE RULE STILL SEEMS FAIR. PLUS IT IS KINDA HARD TO SEE WHAT YOU NEED WHEN ALL OF THE ALKY'S BOYCOTT THE CLASS. THE WAY I SEE IT IS THE ONES THAT ARE THEIR ARE GOOD PEOPLE WHO SUPPORT THE CLUB AND THE ONES WHO CHOOSE TO STAY @ HOME, WELL THE CLUB CAN GET ALONG WITH OUT THEM JUST FINE AS THEY HAVE PROVEN IT. (TRY TO SURROND YOURSELF WITH GOOD PEOPLE AND YOU WILL BE A GOOD PERSON )

Re: Alcohol vs Diesel in NY January 27, 2011 11:29AM
Why the big deal- East Coast has run Alcohol, Diesel as both Pro Stock and Super Stock together and Alcohol hasn't dominated that series yet. I saw Edsens light super diesel beat the alcohols on RFD.

Re: Alcohol vs Diesel in NY January 27, 2011 11:32AM
Hey "espfan" just incase you missed some pulls... there was 4 component diesels in the lss in 2010= 2 ss and 2 pro.. Dan Beal with ss Predator 1 hook, Gary Giles with ps Old Blood 1 hook, Ben Clark with ss The Apparatus part season and John Haier jr. with ps Cockey Cat all year.

Re: Alcohol vs Diesel in NY January 27, 2011 02:03PM
diesel addict, you are correct. i stand corrected. dan beal only ran lss on friday night in pike to get a reading on his computer. giles only put brian coniber in the seat for seat time.the cockey cat was much improved with the jason hootman chassis. the apparatus will be this year,and it won't be because of diesel fuel. but nonetheless you are correct. hopefully we will see a diesel this year that can run with hootman for the whole season.

Re: Alcohol vs Diesel in NY January 28, 2011 11:58AM
Yeah you know it will happen when the time comes, will it be 2011? Well all we can do is wait and see!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009