SISU engines January 24, 2011 04:17PM
Is anyone using the SISU engines in the LLS class. Does anyone know what the pro's and con's would be to using the 405cid SISU engine.

Re: SISU engines January 24, 2011 04:23PM
Luke Miller has been looking at using the SISU 451 for the ITPA's 466 class...

Re: SISU engines January 25, 2011 11:19AM
I have used the sisu motor in a 466 class and had medium success with it. I think the engine has alot of potential but between the loose nut me hind the wheel and the looser nut signing the checks I don't think we ever got out of it what is possible. I always wanted to try one in a light tractor as the engine can wind wome unbelievable rpms with out having to break the bank on the engine. Head flow is decent from the factory but probably the bigest limiting factor. Not much room for bigger valves without spending major dollars. We shortened the stroke and went with a bigger bore to help with this but seemed to be giving up to much torque. But any way deffinitly alot of pottential with it.

Re: SISU engines January 25, 2011 12:44PM
isnt there a new straight 8 cylinder motor?

Re: SISU engines January 25, 2011 01:12PM
Dont know about the 8 but they do have a straight 7 but the only problem with the engine is that it is 4 valves per cylinder and is electronic fuel injection. There was never a 2 valve head made for the engine and the cubic inch is too big for the light class. It would be a great engine in my opinion because it wouldnt take much to get to the 504 limit and factory heads are not an issues there anyways with billet. I think if the R&D was done then it would be another color added to a color rich class.

Re: SISU engines January 26, 2011 12:16AM
You are correct the new engine is a 7 cyl and will have 4 valve heads. My understanding is you could take a 3 cyl head and a 4cyl 2 valve head and it would bolt right on. The only thing you would have to do is is re grind the camshaft to work.

Re: SISU engines January 26, 2011 05:04AM
Can you get 640 out of it?

Re: SISU engines January 26, 2011 06:55AM
Yes that should not be a problem. The factory configuration is 9.8 liters with is going to come in at about 598 factory. And you should be able to go with a larger bore and get there easily.

Re: SISU engines January 26, 2011 08:17AM
Do you still have your tractor?What would it take to get one of these motors?Put it in ECMTPA 4.1 class listen to the IH boys whine!

Re: SISU engines January 26, 2011 07:13PM
www.agcosisupower.com

116mm bore (about max possible) and stock stroke would make 10,72L or 654cui

Re: SISU engines January 25, 2011 01:53PM
soon there will be a v-12 sisu which is basically two 8.4s put together!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009