UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 26, 2011 09:59AM
To the Pro Farm pullers interested in attending the United Pullers of Minnesota meeting this Saturday to discuss rules changes for 2011 season. I called Larry Richwine today to discuss the Radial Tire proposal that was discussed at lenght about a month ago on this message board. Larry's excat words were " absolutley not, there are safety concerns with radial tires". Per the NTPA rule book pages 40 & 41 S. Tires #4. No radial tires will be allowed in any division (drive tires) Exception: Semi division only will be allowed to use radial tires for the drive axel. If you are still interested in attending our meetings you are welcome to come but radial tires will not be apart of the 2011 rules discussion for the pro farm class.

Terry Galle
UPM Head Tech Official

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 26, 2011 10:59AM
Hey Terry the radial tire issue is small potatoes compared to what excuses you are going to use this year when sombody gets caught with a water sample that does not pass. It would be nice if you read the rule book and followed "THE NTPA RULE BOOK", if sombody gets nailed enforce the rules otherwise you might as well not have any rules at all. Futher more it is the pullers responsability to make sure his or her fuel and water passes inspection, AND IF YOUR NOT SURE ABOUT IT WHY WOULD YOU NOT HAVE SAMPLES TAKEN AND TESTED BEFORE YOU GOT CAUGHT.

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 26, 2011 11:04AM
Terry I already bought a pair and I plan on running them, if you don't like it to bad you don't have the guts to enforce any rules anyway. If you did Ernie would not be pulling in 2011!

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 26, 2011 11:24AM
I really wish you two numb skulls had the berries to post your real names. Any ways thank you for responding to my post LOL !Smiling

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 26, 2011 11:24AM
WOW I have to wonder what the hell is the safety concern about a radial tire? What year is this 1950??? Are the radials on my car dangerous? What about the ones they put on 747 airplanes? [www.airmichelin.com]
What about drag radials on drag cars? They run 1000's of horspower and go more than 200+ mph. The safety concearn must not be with the tire as I think any manufacturer of tires would claim radials have a lower failure rate than bias tires. The safety concearn must be from putting the extra power to the track and breaking the old IH460's to bits in the light super class!

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 26, 2011 11:59AM
Terry, good luck this year, looks and sounds like you might have a rough year with all the disgruntled pullers.

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 26, 2011 12:33PM
Yep, Terry will "have his hands full" this season, that is for sure !!

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 26, 2011 12:42PM
Next time I see Larry I will have to ask what the safety deal is with radial tires. A quick look at the Firestone Ag page shows the ONLY speed rated drive tires for tractors over 25mph are Radials. So why can I drive my 30000lb John Deere down the road 31mph on radial tires but it isn't safe to run a less than 10000lb pulling tractor down the track on them?? For liability reasons you CAN NOT get a 31mph speed rated tractor from the factory on Bias tires because of handling issues. This rule sounds like one with no logical basis to me.

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 26, 2011 01:10PM
I think the rule is for 30.5 and 24.5, but you would think that 20.8's would be okay as i have never seen anyone with a problem going down the track.

Re: UPM Tech Terry January 26, 2011 01:19PM
Terry all B.S. aside what are you guys going to do different this year if someones water or fuel fails tech. Can't make it to the meeting on Sat. have to work wish I could be there.

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 26, 2011 02:09PM
Why are you guys throwing Terry under the bus for informing you whats going to happen before you potentially drive a long distance for no reason. Kudos to Terry on handling this in the way he did. So don't jump him about it because his hands are tied. Be mad at Richwine for passing judgement on an outdated rule from a distance when my guess is he's never seen the class hook.

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 26, 2011 02:28PM
Nicely said Bus Driver. Good Job Terry...see ya Saturday.

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 26, 2011 03:16PM
You can run 20.8 radials in PPL but not ntpa just one more example how ntpa is behind the times. I wonder if larry has ever even seen the profarm class?

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 27, 2011 01:55AM
I would hate to be a leader to change a rule that would add tractors to this class. I know they are breaking the door down to pull..
I guess a class of 4 or 5 is good enough for UPM..

This more towards Dale Q and Larry then any UPM board member. Dale should be fighting for this, so his region could gain tractors.

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 27, 2011 02:02AM
I agree that this rule seems a bit out of date but I think getting in contact with richwine would make more sense to actually get the rule changed! Just a thought I don't pull in this class... Does badger state allow double cuts?

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 27, 2011 04:59AM
To answer your question, Badger State does not allow double cuts just face and top cuts. Tri State allows double cuts. Both allow radial tires.

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 27, 2011 07:46AM
If running bias ply tires versus radial tires are what is holding you back , than you probably can't afford to drive to Minnesota to pull anyways. Tires are probably one of the cheapest parts of pulling.

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 27, 2011 02:03AM
Is the "speed rating" on the radial tires ONLY for a properly inflated tire? Here, let me answer,,, YES
How many pullers will have that much pressure in the tires while pulling?
Here, let me answer,,,, NONE
A bias tire will put up with underinflation LOTS longer than a radial.
Not saying that is NTPA's reasoning, but just putting some COMMON SENSE out there. (trying anyway, I know it is lost on most narrow tire grease burner classes, but I try)

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 27, 2011 02:11AM
This class was created to allow more people to get into NTPA without breakiing there bank accounts. I think the class should remain as it is without making any changes. If you start making changes its only going to cost more money. Leave the class alone and lets go pulling.

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 27, 2011 02:32AM
well said money super farm was to be a low budget class when it started. Look now super farms sellers are looking to get 75 k out of there super farm. we need more tractors in the pullin mn so lets jhust pull

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 27, 2011 12:12PM
this thread has went on way to long but I just gotta say dick cranium your an idiot, wow!

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 28, 2011 02:10AM
Your debate skills SUCK !!!!!
Usually you give a REASON or FACT why you have your opinion, or why you hold your position.
Or usually give reasons why your oponent is wrong, or why you THINK they are wrong.
You sir are and epic FAILURE!
Typical superfarm or LPS type competitor or fan. Maybe your mommie and daddie have one?

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 27, 2011 02:34AM
Ok, this is getting pretty old...

1... Quit bitching about what happened last year with Langes... It's over! They will be pulling this year, and you know what? I'm pretty sure 100% of the superfarm competitors in minnesota agree with the way Terry handled the problem! And remember, it wasn't just Terry, the rest of the UPM board had some input on it.. So let it die already! If your that concerned about it, voice your opinion on saturday... Or go back to brush pulling, or just quit pulling with UPM... And, let this die.. It died for the superfarm class shortly after Terry told us the ruling!

2... I'm real curious why Radial tires are such a big deal. Maybe if you can't run cut tires or double cuts in your organization, you should get YOUR rule changed, to allow double cuts, so you can come here, and upm tractors can go your direction.

3... To the guys that bitch and complain the Pro farms need to go to a 3x3 turbo rule instead of the slugs... Shut up! we are tired of hearing it, and tired of hearing the slugs will ruin your turbo.. They have pulled the profarms here for how many years now? and slugs HAVENT ruined any turbos... In fact, some turbos have actually been helped out by having the slugs! Do you know that just because your turbo is "sealed" you can still change both housings on the turbo?... It's been done! So now you have someone changing housings after it's sealed, you have everyone buying 4500 dollar precision turbos... Great! Just what you need for a "beginner" class.... If your trying to make a beginner class, then maybe they should have scrapped this idea, and just went superfarm instead. You can buy slugs cheap... you can build slugs cheap... Put them on your 3x3 and go pulling, Put them on your 3x4 and go pulling... Remember all of the air has to go thru them. it will slow down the bigger turbos.. And you can buy a turbo for alot less than 4500! That's part of making this a cheaper, beginner class! If your 3x3 is such a big deal to you, why don't you quit bitching about the profarms allowing it, and why don't you build a bigger motor, buy 8500 dollar puller 2000's, and pull with the superfarms then! God knows there aren't enough of them!

Instead of trying to get the rules changed for you, so you can come and pull 2 or 3 times, because 2 or 3 pulls are close to you, and the rest are way to far away, maybe you should just worry about fitting the rules that are there.. Or not concern yourself at all... Why should one organization change the rules, so a couple tractors can show up at only a couple of the pulls. Rather than go to the majority of them. Committment!!!!!! Maybe they could get the rules changed to help YOU out a little bit, if you would show up at the meeting, and have your group of 3 or 4 guys and committ to showing up at so many pulls, to show it's just not something you want changed so you can show up once or twice... That's how the superfarm class got started, and how the profarm class were started... A group of guys showed up at the meeting, and COMMITTED to going to so many pulls, to show support....

5.. Quit complaining about the job Terry is doing... Last year, there was a board member or two, who were speaking out of context, and misinformed, and trying to lead Terry in the wrong direction on this whole thing with Langes... Look, here's the deal.. He's the Head Tech official... Let him do HIS job! Maybe everyone else needs to just back off a bit, let a tech guy do his job. Just like you let your engine builder do his, your tire cutter do his.

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 27, 2011 05:31AM
Historically speaking; if you can't come up with an Albert Einstein theory for ALLOWING something, or BANNING it; THEN, it becomes a SAFETY ISSUE. SAFETY ISSUE is a "catch all" phrase that encompasses things that can't be defined by pinheads. IF.....you cannot make the SAFETY ISSUE stick to the wall........THEN...........it becomes an issue for the CHILDRENS SAFETY. It's kinda like trying to define 5th harmonics..........

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 27, 2011 09:34AM
Well, the FACT is, the rule is there, NO RADIALS, and has been for years.
It will remain there.
Dead issue.
Pick another issue to whine about.
You guys are passing the SF class for whiners per capita !!!! And that is quite a feat !!!!

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 27, 2011 09:38AM
Mr. Genius Please tell us what will happen this year when somebody gets caught water or fuel that does not pass. Do you think it is fair to all other pullers that the rules that have been in place since 1969 don't need to be followed. And your 100% wrong when you say all the superfarm competitors are o.k. with the ruling. I know for a fact that there will be less UPM superfarm memberships in 2011 because of the way the UPM board handled the situation. Lastly Mr. Genius if you think that Langes were not guilty of what they did, then I'm calling Goodson tommorow and I'm gonna buy all kinds of "ERNIES FAMOUS CUTTING OIL" then I'm gonna ask Bill Daluge how much to run in my water because Bill and Dean Holicky tried some one the dyno and it made a difference.

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 27, 2011 09:59AM
stop pointing fingers it doesnt do any one any good. stuff happens life isnt fair, never will be. make the best of it and go pulling or stay home. it really isnt that hard to figure out.Grinning

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 27, 2011 10:27AM
I heard that UPM bought a street sweeper with some of the superfarm point money, they bought it so they can sweep problems under the rug. supposedly one problem was kind of big and the sweeper did'nt have enough power to suck it up so Terry took all of Langes water samples and put in the sweeper. They said since they added the green water to the sweeper it's making more power than the "Black Gold" superfarm!

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 27, 2011 10:39AM
Whats funny about all this is Kendall Klevgard got caught with an overhead cam and he is not allowed to pull UPM, and Ernie Lange got caught not once but twice with bad water that FAILED INSPECTION and will be able to keep pulling. Sounds to me like theres different strokes for different folks.

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 27, 2011 11:34AM
That Super Farm class must pay a whole bunch more money than the other classes, because I can't believe there is this much fuss over the $10 - $20 difference in the place money. I know there is the matter of principal, character, ethics, and honesty but all over $10 - $20. If thats all you have to worry about, life is going pretty good for you.

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 27, 2011 12:58PM
Oh, it is just that "facts" threatened the SF guys with getting behind the LPS guys on being whiners, so they had to pick up the pace a little bit more, and as usual, they are out doing themselves on being foolish whiners.
AGAIN.
GO SF FOOLS !!!!!!
I knew you wouldn't let us down !!!!!!

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 27, 2011 02:06PM
Badger state does allow radial double cuts in the pro farm class

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 27, 2011 02:10PM
Hence the name STUPID FARM.... no wonder with all this b.s. and complaining.. name fits very well.. getten very old and fast already .. the season hasnt started yet even

NEED NEW UPM BOARD MEMBERS? January 28, 2011 12:29AM
Seems to me that it might be a good thing if the UPM members vote in new board members. The whole operation is tainted and is in need of some new blood. I NOMINATE DEAN HOLICKY FOR PRESIDENT!!!!!! Anyone else wanna second that?

Re: NEED NEW UPM BOARD MEMBERS? January 28, 2011 12:42AM
leave me out of this i come to work every morning and cant believe the bashing on this subject.Terry,Bryce,and the rest off the board members do a good job try talking to them directly that would help instead of complaing on here.Lets go to the banquet and have fun and show the rest of the world mn has a good group of pullers,fans, and officials

Re: NEED NEW UPM BOARD MEMBERS? January 28, 2011 04:09AM
Ok, now i've seen or read it all..... You Mr Holicky go to work? Come on... All i hear is you whineing around 2pm, that your chair always wants to tip over when your trying to take a nap in the office! Then you can't even get up in the morning to beat someone to the shop to work on little digger... Work? now that is funny..

I will agree with ya... Leave Terry and Bryce alone... That's enough complaining on here about UPM. If people don't like the way things have been handled in the past, tell a UPM board member.. Rather than bashing the whole organization on here, tell a board member you don't like something, and get it figured out. Bashing an organization on here isn't going to help it prosper. Whether it's this radial tire issue, or the testing of water, or fuel, or just because of some other reason, don't bash them on here. Talk to your class representative, or a board member. But things that have happened in the past, are just that... The past... Get over it, and move on. If you can't, and don't like it, go pull somewhere else..

Re: NEED NEW UPM BOARD MEMBERS? January 28, 2011 05:53AM
AMEN DEAN

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 28, 2011 01:14AM
It is not who got caught cheating. It is principal that you have rules and you are not enforcing them. If you are not to enforcement get rid of it. That is the whole problem with this group. They have a great organization, just enforce the rules on everyone.

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 28, 2011 05:05AM
you guys are worse than the outlaws!!!!!!!!

Re: UPM meeting Pro Farm update January 28, 2011 05:05AM
I agree 100%, if Ernie got caught with bad water in the profarm once and the superfarm twice then as long as everyone else that can get off as easily as Ernie did with only losing points fine, but I will guarantee it won't work that way. The whole ordeal could have been handled totally different if the NTPA rule book was followed and it was NOT!!!!!!!!!! So with that said we will see how they enforce the rules this year hopefully they learned a valuable lesson.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,744, Posts: 229,886, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,992.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM