where are they now? January 26, 2011 03:44PM
Does anybody know where Dean's, John and Bob Thompson's, or John Klugs old 1066 and 1466 tractors are today?

Re: where are they now? January 27, 2011 01:18AM
deans rooster went to coleman wheatley[never say never],then to kevin komras[land shark],as of bg last year it was still sitting in their shop.

Re: where are they now? January 27, 2011 01:33PM
john klugs "red barren" the 3688 chassis when to john burt (bootlegger II) the motor and turbo system went to dennis goodwin (magnum force) and the Blagraves(red horse)

Re: where are they now? January 27, 2011 03:02PM
We found the 3688. It is in kentucky, It went from Nebraska, to Jeff Sutts, and he sold it to the current owner. That tractor was also a true 88 series and not John's old 10 with new sheet metal. So where did the 1066 go? I was told that it was in New York and that's not so. We have a freind that is an attorney for the NTPA and he looked into it for us that was a false lead.

Re: where are they now? January 28, 2011 09:12AM
john's old 1066 became the 3688, i had the 1066 sideshelds that say red baron. he sold the tractor to hypermax, and they parted it out (bootlegger, magnum force, red horse) the illinois streaker last i know went east, i always thought john d thompsons tractor went to virginia, maybe called the "virginian"? ask klint tucker he knows

Re: where are they now? January 29, 2011 01:27AM
What did you do with the side shields? if you have them would you sell them? Ron Headley's son have the set off of the 3688.

Re: where are they now? January 28, 2011 03:39PM
one "Red Baron" 1066 went to France in .. 84 / 85?!

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: where are they now? January 28, 2011 04:10PM
yes and no, that summer it was a different tractor (lee alwards 1066)with the red baron side shields on it, and john klug driving it)the real one stayed in the US and pulled ntpa

Re: where are they now? January 28, 2011 10:13PM
Haha.. didn't know that.
One for sure stayed here, became "Echac et Mat" (SP?) made the top places for two years and then was gone...

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: where are they now? January 27, 2011 04:18PM
I think Bob Thompsons Illinois Streaker went to somewhere in New York around mid to late 1980s. Would like to know. That was a good running tractor also.

Re: where are they now? January 28, 2011 01:28AM
I talked to a friend of mine who was Bob's old neighbor and he doesn't remember either where it went. What he does know though was Bob ordered that tractor new just for pulling. It came with no pto, or three point, and Mike said it was the first triple charged tractor to run around Lewistown.
Come on some of you old pullers, somebody surely out there can lead us in the rite direction.

Re: where are they now? January 28, 2011 03:26AM
not sure who owned the tractor but i know burt stannard and dan thomas bought a tractor called the illinois streaker. that was bought around the 1990's. burt and danny are no longer partners and the tractor is still at dannys'. tractor is named satisfaction

Re: where are they now? January 29, 2011 12:14AM
I think the movin'dirt super farm is the Thompson tractor.The Thomas tractor in New York might be Jerry Harts barnstormer.

Re: where are they now? January 29, 2011 12:25AM
Jerry Harts "barnstomer" is in NY, It is now "lil more patience" .

Re: where are they now? January 29, 2011 02:37AM
anyone know where john d thonpsons bad dog is at know

Re: where are they now? January 31, 2011 12:46AM
the farms that the two tractors are on border each other. lil more patience is the old barnstormer and satisfaction is the old illinois streaker ( i think )

Re: where are they now? February 01, 2011 08:21AM
If I remember correctly I read a few years back that Thompson's "Bad Dog" became the "Joker" out of Welcome, NC. The Joker pulled around NC for several years and also nationally some. The guy that had that tractor went to a mod with the same name. Don't know what happened to the tractor though. Was a hoss when he pulled around NC though...

Re: where are they now? February 01, 2011 09:16AM
If I remember correctly, The Joker was owned by Paul Koontz who also built a component version of the Joker which was then sold to Gaeton Yelle. The tractor was reskinned with MX sheetmetal and the rolling chassis was sold to Henry Everman and is his current Final Decision.

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
www.easternextremepulling.com
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Re: where are they now? February 01, 2011 01:18PM
I believe the first Joker that Koontz had was the 9600 Ford of Jim Weaver from Virginia then Jim Weaver built a IH then later sold it to Koontz also known as the Joker. Both the Ford and the IH were known as the "Virginian" when Jim Weaver owned them.

Re: where are they now? February 01, 2011 01:28PM
close but not quite, you are leaving out johnny trexler, who got the ford then later the ih from weaver, I think the original ih became a super farm, like most other ag tractors.

Re: where are they now? February 01, 2011 01:42PM
yes that is correct thanks for getting me straight on that It has been some years ago is Johnny still pulling Thanks ol george

Re: where are they now? February 02, 2011 05:00AM
those sure were some neat tractors when weaver had them,i remember him gettin throwed off the ford at bg one year

Re: where are they now? April 09, 2011 02:11PM
I know the man who built Bob Thompson's Illinois Streaker. Dana Monson was the man who built it and several more, Dana had his own tractor called [ The Wizard]. Both tractors had three turbo's, but Dana hand built 4-turbo setup on his tractor The Wizard. And soon after had to build the same thing for the Streaker. But does anyone know where Dana's tractor the Wizard ever when to? That I-H was one strong tractor, and it was ahead of it's time.

Re: where are they now? April 10, 2011 01:30AM
Does anyone know where the old Don Greer prostock ever ended up??

Re: where are they now? April 10, 2011 06:09AM
Another one to think about: What happened to Donaldson's "Mean Gene" White that ran in the early 90's? They were from Nebo, KY.

Re: where are they now? April 10, 2011 06:34AM
JD Thompsons ..IH ...went to Jim Weaver and became the Virginian .... Jim then sold it to Johnny Trexler of Gold Hill NC and it became the Joker ...well after Johnny had a heart attack ..he sold it to Paul Knootz ..Paul ran it as the Joker also it was with Paul that the tractor went through some changes ..the orginal rear end was parted out when he lightened it to make the 8000 lb ss class ...which at this time the front end went to the Moving Dirt tracor only as this tractor was Marshall Synders old Docs Pride ride... the updated rear end with the profab in it ran 2 or 3 years then it was sold to Robert Costner who used it to build a diesel ss and then a later upgrade to an alky ss ride that he currently still owns ...well this is when Paul had the compenet chassis built by Esdon Lehn put together and this was the last building of the Joker ... before it was sold to Gaeton Yelle ...which he took off the 66 series sheet metal and put on magnum metal and it became the Workhorse ss ... he ran it till sometime when the engine gave up and then it was parted out ..this is when Henry Everman bought the chassis and it became the Final Decision ss ....IHSMOKE

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009