4020 needled rear end January 27, 2011 05:44AM
Ive got a 4020 V8 Hot rod and it wont go striaght down the track for nothin, i have been told i need to needle the rear end, can anyone tell me exactly what part in the rear end gets the needle bearings?

Re: 4020 needled rear end January 27, 2011 06:10AM
You will need to needle bearing the differential cross and I would suggest putting bronze washers behind the spider gears.

Re: 4020 needled rear end January 27, 2011 06:13AM
Call Lemkies there # is on the links page ask for Rob or Bob god guys to talk to they did mine it makes a big difference

Re: 4020 needled rear end January 27, 2011 06:39AM
Tim Engler is also extremely adept at this. I have his kit in my 4010 rear, and it is absolutely a world better than it was!! He will tell you everything that you need to know on how to get it done also. Check for his contact info under links and then builders on this site.

Re: 4020 needled rear end January 27, 2011 08:42AM
You need a new pin that goes through the spider gears. The new one will be undercut to allow the installation of loose needle bearings under the spiders. You need to install either torrington needle thrust bearings or bronze washers behind the spiders. Either one will require you to machine the backs of the spiders and the torringtons will require the maching of the differential housing also. The housing also needs to be machined to allow the installation of torrington bearings behind the side gears.

If your tractor is already having driving issues, the spiders are probably already gaulded and will need replaced.

Re: 4020 needled rear end January 27, 2011 11:41AM
check the floater plates in between the brakes while you have it apart,make sure that they are not warped any,gets alot of drag if they are

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009