Superfarm Data Logging System January 28, 2011 02:01AM
I am looking to install a Data Logging System on my 210 AC Superfarm. I am looking for a system that allows for future expansion. I am want to keep cost reasonable, only installing the major sensors initially (6 EGT & 2 PSI). I would like to also send a signal to a AutoMeter Tach. Any feedback or recommendations would be a great help.
Thanks
Doug

Re: Superfarm Data Logging System January 28, 2011 02:12AM
AS fast as a SF goes, a spiral notebook, and a #2 lead pencil should fill the bill.
Expandable for future use also.

Re: Superfarm Data Logging System January 28, 2011 02:20AM
not very nice,but funny as hell

Re: Superfarm Data Logging System January 28, 2011 02:55AM
what do you pull?

Re: Superfarm Data Logging System January 28, 2011 07:07AM
A red Radio Flyer

Re: Superfarm Data Logging System January 30, 2011 01:32AM
u probably can't drive that any better then u did your 2-wd

Re: Superfarm Data Logging System January 28, 2011 02:35AM
Dougk20
I am looking to install a Data Logging System on my 210 AC Superfarm. I am looking for a system that allows for future expansion. I am want to keep cost reasonable, only installing the major sensors initially (6 EGT & 2 PSI). I would like to also send a signal to a AutoMeter Tach. Any feedback or recommendations would be a great help.
Thanks
Doug

I'd check out RPM data loggers. They look to be a good bang for the buck.

Re: Superfarm Data Logging System January 28, 2011 02:36AM
I have an Altronics Informer system with six egts and two pressures. You can expand to what ever you want to moniter. I would sell complete system for 750.00

I could give you a quote on a new Dataquest system from Altronics as well. That system can be built as simple or as complicated as you like. You can upgrade it to a touchscreen dash and up to an infinate amount of data for tractor use. The website is www.altronics.com.
If you would like please feel free to give me a call at (815)979-2406. My name is Jason Yakey and my company is Extreme Powersports.

Re: Superfarm Data Logging System January 28, 2011 05:32AM
I sell RPM data loggers and are in fact the biggest bang for the buck available. They will record up to 500 samples per second (100 samples per second is the gold standard for good reliable data) and up to 8 runs depending upon the sample rate.

I have sold over 100 of these units and have problems with only a couple, they have been very reliable. 6 egt's and 2 pressures would cost $1593.00 with a one year warranty. This unit would also allow you to expand to 8 egt's @ $59.50 for each additional probe and up to 3 more pressures @ $107.00 each sensor and $29.00 for each cable.

The software is free, an expansion module is available for up to 28 channels, wireless download is available for an extra charge. We have used them on turbines, multiple engine mods, super stocks, garden tractors, and super farms.

You can view the unit on the website @ www.rpmperf.com and speak with Randy McMahon or contact me directly : Bryan Conner - Conner Fuel Systems - 512-289-4638 cell 512-264-2001 office

I will gladly walk you through any questions that you have.
PS The price is the same either way, no mark up on my end!
PSS @ this price you will have an output for your Autometer tach that will work!
PSS Also we have a dashboard screen that will be available in the next few months, any upgrade can be made at any time with 1 day turn around!
PSS Forgot to mention we also have available an interface module that will allow you to monitor turbocharger speed!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/28/2011 06:17AM by bconner.

Re: Superfarm Data Logging System January 28, 2011 11:15AM
I have used Digitron, Data Log, Altronics, and RPM on tractors I have put together. I have the RPM on my tractor and feel it is the best setup for the money and they have been great to work with. I have installed their setup on 3 other tractors and those people have been satisfied. As far as a notebook for a SF what the heck. Aren't most SF tractors highly tuned? Pushed as far as you can within the rules. There is alot of power out of a 3X3 turbo.

Re: Superfarm Data Logging System January 29, 2011 04:58AM
4.1 Fan,
I have put a lot of time and money in this tractor so I understand what some people said about notebooks. The note book is good for weather, track conditions, weight distribution, and tire pressures. I need a data logger to protect and tune the money I have invested in the engine. Thanks for the help and the comment.
Doug

Re: Superfarm Data Logging System January 29, 2011 04:53AM
Thanks Jason and Bryan for your help. I will do a little research online and give both you guys a call.
Doug

Re: Superfarm Data Logging System January 30, 2011 11:28PM
I looked at the RPM website and they look like a decent product. I have a few bills to pay and I will be giving you a call. Thanks for your help
Doug

Re: Superfarm Data Logging System January 31, 2011 04:03PM
6 gauges in a large size mailbox with a backlit door and a video camera. Just say'n!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,738, Posts: 229,877, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,989.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM