COLBY TRUCK/TRACTOR/MINI ROD PULL AUGUST 13TH February 01, 2011 01:49PM
Hey guys,

Just thought would remind everyone we will be putting on a pull in Colby Wi August 13th 2011, at the Dirt Track. We will be running TWDS,FWDS (STOCK,SUPERSTOCK, MOD , AND DSS TRUCKS). We will be running farm, hot farm and superfarm/prostock/ super stock class. This year we also plan on running an OPEN MINI ROD class. Using the WTPA/NTPA rules. This class is tenative if WTPA does not have the class running elsewhere. ( Perry hope to see some Tri-state boys from down south).

We will be running a late afternoon night show. We are hoping to make a number of improvments to the facility this spring and summer prior to the pull. With any luck we wont have 20 inches of rain july and august and all will go well!!!

Thanks for the all the pullers that came last year and hope to see more this year.

Re: COLBY TRUCK/TRACTOR/MINI ROD PULL AUGUST 13TH February 01, 2011 04:20PM
Could grand national minis pull or would if be limited to Wisc. rules/limits?

Re: COLBY TRUCK/TRACTOR/MINI ROD PULL AUGUST 13TH February 01, 2011 11:42PM
We should be there Lony. looking forward to it.

Re: COLBY TRUCK/TRACTOR/MINI ROD PULL AUGUST 13TH February 02, 2011 08:44AM
Sounds great Perry!! As far as GN mini's, we are trying to get as many pullers there as possible. The state rules are 500 cubic in 8-71 adn 110 pump. Not sure how many GN tractors would be there i guess. I have not heard if there is any RN mini pulls that night. I have heard Friday night we will be in MN, not sure about Sat night.

Thanks

Lony

Re: COLBY TRUCK/TRACTOR/MINI ROD PULL AUGUST 13TH February 05, 2011 12:10PM
I would Not let GN minis compete at this event if I were you Lony, They have a place to pull and went that direction to compete. Monroe let them run, and a few folks ha fit about it, so, no mins for 2011. 4wd trucks instead. That will suck, trust me.

Re: COLBY TRUCK/TRACTOR/MINI ROD PULL AUGUST 13TH February 05, 2011 02:37PM
funny thing was, the state level were crying about the GN guys, and the tri co sm.blocks took 1,2, and 4 place.....Should be more concerend about your own setup! anyway after all of the complainin and whinning there will bo NO mini's at the this years Green Co.Fall Nats. can't blame mark, with all of the work for that pull who needs a bunch of belliachers.......nice job guys...

Re: COLBY TRUCK/TRACTOR/MINI ROD PULL AUGUST 13TH February 08, 2011 03:18AM
Sorry to hear bout the mini deal in monroe, Perry. I dont know who was pissin n moanin. Wasn't da swamptown mongoose boys. We just want to pull, against whoever!

Re: COLBY TRUCK/TRACTOR/MINI ROD PULL AUGUST 13TH February 08, 2011 03:47AM
Yeah Right !, You guys are the biggest whinners and sh#! starters in modern day tractor pulling.

Re: COLBY TRUCK/TRACTOR/MINI ROD PULL AUGUST 13TH February 08, 2011 03:50AM
Learned everything i know from u guys !Beer

Re: COLBY TRUCK/TRACTOR/MINI ROD PULL AUGUST 13TH February 08, 2011 03:57AM
It wasnt you guys complaning, it was someone that lives a lot closer to Monroe. And it wasnt Spark..........

Re: COLBY TRUCK/TRACTOR/MINI ROD PULL AUGUST 13TH February 08, 2011 10:10AM
The only pissin and moanin I hear from the Goose crew is when the beer is gone!! Im sure we won't be short this year. Sparky, you should talk Kendall into letting you bring the "dog" up.

Re: COLBY TRUCK/TRACTOR/MINI ROD PULL AUGUST 13TH February 08, 2011 11:23AM
I just got a Ford 70 (7h.p.) garden tractor Just like the one I started with. Thinking ill have better luck controlling that. Maybe ill bring that, as long as JOEHILL will run down the side of the track when im pulling and yell out instructions to me.

Re: COLBY TRUCK/TRACTOR/MINI ROD PULL AUGUST 13TH February 11, 2011 01:09PM
Its hard for me to run with that wooden leg...but i'll do it for the unwound unlimited stock ford...just hope i dont spill my beer! Been busy developing non spillable cans for budweiser...the r&d is intoxicating! Hey Lony, I'm interested in your tank idea...After the drag race season we'll have to sit down and hash it out?

Re: COLBY TRUCK/TRACTOR/MINI ROD PULL AUGUST 13TH February 10, 2011 11:46AM
Joe,

The goose gonna be ready to fly this spring? Got an idea for a tank you may like. Lets just say it would be hard to see.

Lony

Re: COLBY TRUCK/TRACTOR/MINI ROD PULL AUGUST 13TH February 12, 2011 06:55AM
it shouldnt mater who pulls as long as there is no complaing look what happend in monroe all the little small blocks did good. some guys just need to learn how drive and set up their mini to controle it and the people that were bitchin to make monroe drop minis didnt even make it down the track! so shut up and pull!

Re: COLBY TRUCK/TRACTOR/MINI ROD PULL AUGUST 13TH February 06, 2011 03:45AM
Grand National and Regional National limits are the same. So, it wouldn't matter if there was a RN event scheduled. The 500/8-71 limits are Limited Mini Rod "rules". I think that applies to the WTPA. I am not aware of any others who are built to those "specs" except the people in WTPA. JW

Re: COLBY TRUCK/TRACTOR/MINI ROD PULL AUGUST 13TH February 07, 2011 01:03PM
I think based on trying to get as many tractors here as possible I think we would have to stay with in the WTPA rules. I think by doing that, we can get a good group of blown and N/A tractors. I feel the state limit's allow alot of combo's to run the class. The GN/RN limits seem to be one in the same from what i have seen in the rules book.

As the summer approaches we will be posting more info on the pull and events on the grounds. Thanks for the intrest.

Lony

Re: COLBY TRUCK/TRACTOR/MINI ROD PULL AUGUST 13TH February 11, 2011 03:24PM
Hey guys.. This is my first time on here.. Looks like it is a good place to chew the fat.. I am questioning rules on Interstates 1850 class mini rod for stabilizer bars.. It says "Pads to be a minumum of half the tire diameter rearward from the rear axle centerline".. That puts the pad at the tire radius rather then behind it.. It just does not appear correct to me.. I have always had the pad or wheels five or six inches behind the radius of the tire.. Never have I read a rule that had the pad this close to the tire.. Some one please wake me up and tell me where I am thinking this is wrong or if the rule is wrong or what ever.. Thank you all for this nice place to come and chew the fat.. R.B. Barnby. Baltimore Md Vice President SVTPA..

Re: COLBY TRUCK/TRACTOR/MINI ROD PULL AUGUST 13TH February 12, 2011 12:17AM
R.B.
Our rules simply state 2 inchs behind the rear most part of tire and maximum of 6 inchs off the ground. 3"X3" sq pad minimum.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,775, Posts: 229,944, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,031.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009