The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks

1; Maximum weight 6400 Lbs

2; 504 ci maximum on alcohol

3; 650 ci maximum on diesel

4; No over head cams

5; component legal

6; 47.2 SFI cage required

All other Super Stock rules apply

All new component tractors must have sheet metal and engine combinations approved by the PPL Tech committee.

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 05, 2011 09:56AM
Where did these rules come from? They are not on the PPL site yet are they?

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 05, 2011 11:34AM
PPL a member of SFI?
Org. must be a member of SFI to use/referance the SFI specs.
Clutches, cans, cages, etc. etc. etc.

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 05, 2011 12:51PM
Asker?

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 05, 2011 01:08PM
why 6400?

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 05, 2011 02:20PM
Why it matter? You will run with daddy dave.....

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 05, 2011 02:30PM
If i'm reading it right it seems crazy that diesel's have 146 ci over alcohol. 504 ci Alcohol & 650 ci Diesel.
So the diesel would be about 28% bigger then alcohols.

I know in heavy class they give the diesel's an advantage with weight/ci but no that much of an advantage.

Thanks Justin

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 05, 2011 11:49PM
well, justin build the big cube dsl and try your luck, I doubt if anyone has ever ran a 650 against the 504 alky to find out if there is an advantage. It would be interesting, might just allow for a dsl to be dominant in the light class. Somehow I don't think it will matter over the course of a season.

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 06, 2011 08:51AM
I agree with ol George, with varying track conditions, and a season of running/breakage, anything could wash out. The formula, basically a 27 percent cubic inch allowance for the diesel motors, has been run for well over a decade in a llss association (370 versus 470), and this year allowing twin charger 315 cubic inch diesels, ORVTPA, and alkys dominate in wins, but a lot of that is by sheer numbers, compared to the diesels in the class. Lil Insane and Family Tradition are good examples of state of the art tractors in llss, just one's diesel, one alky. As a 40 year pulling fan, I have long been an admirer of the single charger tractor, either diesel, or alky. The pro-stocks continue to push the limits of that format, but I don't think a Blackburn built 540 single charger alky motor would be too embarrassed to hook against today's 680 diesels---I believe it'd take a 3000hp dyno to contain either of the beast!

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 06, 2011 01:31PM
The old ATPA had a 650 cubic inch limit for the diesels. I believe the old insanity diesel, guesswork JD and Canadian Mist were all 600 plus cubic inch.

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 06, 2011 04:02AM
Good question Fat boy, wouldn't 6000 be more fun.

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 06, 2011 05:11AM
put a one charger 650 enigine together and im thinking it will keep right up with the alkys no problem!

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 06, 2011 05:27AM
Cory,

I agree, a good Pro Stock motor might just be an interesting addition to the LSS (I'm still not a fan of the big cubes, but I would like to see what it could do!). Personally I think the 504 Light DSS of Esdon has proved a strong point and already added a ton of interest to the LSS class and I'd love to see PPL adopt a 504 limit for the multi-charger diesels.

It will be a very interesting summer to see how the PPL Light Super does. It could put a serious hurt on the NTPA class. Personally I'd like to see it lighter than 6400, 6000 lbs sounds great to me, but it will be an excellent show either way. I've heard from some pullers and it sounds like pre-commitment numbers are really good for PPL already.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 06, 2011 01:32PM
ESP has already had a component chassis 640ci pro-stock running in the LSS class against the "scooter"

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 07, 2011 01:17AM
Yes, the Cocky Cat had a great summer last year in ESP and it’s a very nice tractor, but he’s nowhere near the level of a top Pro Stock. I’d really be interested to watch a top tier 650 CID REI small block John Deere run against the alcohol tractors to see how things would shake out.

Even though I’d like to see the outcome of the scenario above, I’d much rather just have a 504 class across the board for all fuels. The NTPA class works well and puts on an excellent show, why change that?

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 06, 2011 05:15AM
Good question!
An answer MIGHT be, the SFI spec runs out at 6200 for the 2 hoop cage, so if they are 6400, they have to run the 3 hoop cage.
IF the PPL are members of SFI.

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 06, 2011 06:30AM
I did not think about the three bar cage at 6400lbs. That would be a shame for some of us that are planning on supporting the class next summer that run two bar cages.

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 06, 2011 07:16AM
just reading the rule book. rule # 5 47.2 SFI rollcage must be the minimum rollcage for all tractors

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 06, 2011 08:41AM
why not 5500 lbs. ok with me thought i was told the class would be similar to ntpa class, equal weight , c.i. drawbar etc?

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 06, 2011 09:29AM
Are these rules just a thought of someone or was this thread started by PPL?

Just wondering because it is odd that PPL would post the rules on here before they put them on there own wedsite.

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 06, 2011 09:58AM
the rules stated earlier on this thread are in the 2010 PPL rule book , page 26

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 06, 2011 11:36AM
The rules are for 2011 PPL -- weight limit 6,300 lbs., cu. in. size 505 diesel and alcohol, 2-bar sfi roll cage, no overhead cams, and the rest of the rules are the same as NTPA. I hope you come pull with us!

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 06, 2011 12:26PM
Light Weight Super Stock Tractors
1) Maximum weight 6400#
2) 504 ci maximum for alchol powered tractors.
3) 650 ci maximum for diesel powered tractors.
4) No overhead cams are permitted.
4) Component tractors are permitted.
5) 47.2 SFI rollcage must be the minimum rollcage for all
tractors.
6) All other Super Stock Tractor rules will apply

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 06, 2011 01:16PM
You're referring to 2010 rules -- there wasn't even a Light weight super stock class in PPL last year.

We've already talked to PPL about the rules for 2011, as I noted in my previous post.

The 2011 rule book isn't posted yet, however I contacted PPL's John Meers (sp?) and that is what we discussed... unless he changed the rule after our conversation, but that's what we were told would be running, and he seemed definite.

That was a stipulation for my agreement to participate with PPL.

Re: I heard that 12 to 15 signed up February 06, 2011 02:10PM
my buddy said he was talking to a guy that signed up and they told him that they had maybe 15 that wanted to pull PPl ...he's not sure if he can be one of the 10 or not.

Rules February 07, 2011 12:29AM
I wondered if the 2010 rulebook was not being looked at. I could not believe that the 2011 rules were on this post before anywhere else. 6300lbs and a two bar cage were the tenitive rules that were told to me as well.

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 07, 2011 01:31AM
Mike,

Thanks for clearing the rules up. Glad to hear the rules are almost the same as NTPA. As a fan, I'd rather watch the class at 6000 lbs, but 6300 is stll a great show. The 100 pound difference from NTPA is minor and won't change the outcome one bit, the good tractors with guys that can drive will still find the winners circle.

Hopefully the few remaining clubs with different LSS rules will get on board and adopt the same rules as well. The 505 limit works perfect for both fuels, and there’s no need to make any other changes to what already works.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 07, 2011 02:09AM
what pulls are thinking of having this class at?

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 07, 2011 02:11AM
i hope freeport, and get them guys back in henry il.

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 07, 2011 02:49AM
I agree for Henry. I haven't been there for 3 years due to the lack of tractor classes. I'm ready to go back if they have Lite-Supers

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 07, 2011 03:52AM
I agree as well about Henry. When NTPA/Light Supers left, the show was still good, but just not as good in my opinion. They brought the excitement to the place. But I am sure others will have a different one, which I do appreciate.

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 07, 2011 06:00AM
I wonder if they will be at Hillsboro. I think Don could get a class of 20 or more up there.

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 07, 2011 07:30AM
How may light supers will come from the other side and pull? Ntpa has them tractors chasing all over. Tomah is the only time we see them since all of them went GN haven't been to a R-3 or WI state pull for over 3 years.

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 07, 2011 08:16AM
I honestly believe that almost all the NTPA tractor will pull PPL this summer at most or all of the PPL events. NTPA spread the LSS class too thin too fast and it hurt their pre-commit program last year. Now with some competition by PPL, NTPA will most likely be seriously hurting for numbers at many of their events this summer. Tomah will have good numbers, but I don’t think many other NTPA pulls will.

The NTPA needed to keep the class in a limited area for their hooks and they didn’t. They needed to raise their purse a few years ago and they didn't. They had these guys running too far for too little money for too many years, and that is going to come back to bite them.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 07, 2011 09:13AM
Henry is a go!

Re: The rules for PPL Light Super Stocks February 07, 2011 10:23AM
Cory if you get a chance please give me a call. Someone helped themself to my phone down in Gordyville and I no longer have your info.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009