pipe bender February 05, 2011 12:26PM
What is the best pipe bender for the money?

Re: pipe bender February 05, 2011 12:52PM
Not pipe bender ,you would want a tubing bender I would assume. Big difference between the two.

A pipe bender will just kink thin wall tubing.

Make sure it is a mandrel type bender.

For the money the pro-tools 105 bender is the best.

There website is www.pro-tools.comWinking

Re: pipe bender February 05, 2011 01:38PM
Check out www.trick-tools.com

Re: pipe bender February 06, 2011 04:39AM
Sort of depends on what you are building. Assuming you are wanting a bender to fabricate roll cages, etc, Mittler Brothers has a dandy (my favorite) and JD Squared has a good one for a little less money. The ones already mentioned are good too. They'll all do an acceptable job, it's just a matter of your intended purpose and whether you want to crank it by hand or are willing to pay a little more for some air/hydraulic assist.

Re: pipe bender February 06, 2011 05:28AM
Another issue to consider is how many degrees are most of your bends going to be?
If most are 90 or less, you have some more options if you are OK with re-setting things to even get to 90.
The JD squared for example has to be re-set at least one time, if not two to get to 90, the Mittler will do a 90 (and a little more) in one shot, no re-setting or jacking around, less chance for the tube to move on you and give you a strange looking bend.
Baleigh (and others) makes a bender that'll do 180 degrees in one shot. If you are doing some of those rock crawler front bumper/cow catcher doo-dads, being able to do a 180 would be useful, but for most cage work, a 90 is the most you will need in one bend.
Baileigh also makes the re-set ones, and there are bunches of knock off's that work well, (the JD squared is really a knock off of a Hossfeld with some improvements and taking all the other accessories away you can do with the real Hossfeld).
I have used the Hossfeld, JD squared, and Mittler Bros. and the Mittler is by far the best, in my opinion.
If I had to do much at 120 to 180 degrees, I'd get the nicer Baileigh one shot bender.
Do NOT even walk into Harbor Freight thinking you will find anything that will bend tube! There is a reason those are called tube kinkers!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,678, Posts: 229,780, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,078, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member Jason