AC 7000 Special Light Limited Pro Question February 06, 2011 07:13AM
I'm seriously thinking about building a light limited pro out of an AC 7000 Special. My main question is, What modifications need to be done to the differential? I already know that the differential cross needs needle bearings. Will this rear end holdup in a 6,600 lb class? Sorry I'm asking things I know have been on here before, but I'd kinda like to know if it's worth the effort. I'm planning on switching the 301 to alcohol with two chargers. I'm confident about the engine part as I helped to build one a few years ago that ran extremely well. Other than for farming, I'm not sure about the AC differential. We do plan on taking out the Power Shift and going direct into the transmission with cut gears. Thanks for this forum and everyones help.

Re: AC 7000 Special Light Limited Pro Question February 06, 2011 09:01AM
The only other thing to do while the diff. is out is to put a girdel around the right ring gear carrier bearing cap. Have sheared mine off on 190XT and a 7000 is not any heavier. MACK

Re: AC 7000 Special Light Limited Pro Question February 11, 2011 01:45AM
Im putting a black belly together now for a 3000 rpm, 6500 lbs. class lot of parts if you need something send me a text

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,793, Posts: 229,997, Members: 3,340.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,071.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009