trucks at Louisville February 08, 2011 03:44AM
I just reviewed the pull schedule on the NFMS website. Are they not pulling 6200lb 4x4 trucks?

Re: trucks at Louisville February 08, 2011 03:45AM
That is correct

Re: trucks at Louisville February 08, 2011 03:48AM
Just out of curiosity, does anyone know why they got rid of them? Do they feel like the diesels will draw a bigger crowd?

Re: trucks at Louisville February 08, 2011 07:43AM
Spectator, check out this older blog on here about: Diesel 4x4 at Louisville

Thanks
Justin

Re: trucks at Louisville February 08, 2011 08:33AM
Please don't reply to that old thread and throw it backt to the top of this forum...

That said, I think the feeling is that the diesel trucks are a class of the future and that they are more identifiable with those in attendance. A quick stroll through the parking lot would substantiate the latter, the former is debatable...

Re: trucks at Louisville February 08, 2011 02:12PM
Wow I dont know how I missed that rant. Thanks Justin for bringing up the link. I'm sorry if I rubbed salt in any wounds. I'm just gonna keep my opinions to myself. No need to beat a dead horse.

Re: trucks at Louisville February 08, 2011 02:25PM
No, I didn't mean it like that. Just wanted you up to speed, if you wanted to continue the talk.

I do hold the opinion of "007"; I think most of the people at the farmshow/tractor pull have big bad diesel pickups and the relate with the diesel 4x4 classes. and the indoor alcohol 4x4 are loud class vs 4x4 diesel which aren't as loud.

Thanks Justin

Re: trucks at Louisville February 08, 2011 03:59PM
Since this is the 1st time this class has pulled at Louisville it will be interesting to see who is smart enough to regear and change their setups for pulling a 100+feet less than they are used to. Louisville is half the track length some of these guys pulled last year!

Re: trucks at Louisville February 08, 2011 07:18PM
It will be cool to see what they do for the shorter track, but alot of them have experience pulling indoor at murfreesboro in the past to get a somewhat idea

Re: trucks at Louisville February 09, 2011 12:00AM
The Diesel 4x4's are a great class as are the Modified 4x4. We have 2 kick ass sessions + a finals session of Mod 4x4's at Keystone. The 2011 show has 22 currently signed up including the 2010 NTPA GN champion and back to back East Coast champion and many trucks who can win anywhere, anytime. I am a tractor guy at heart but the Mod 4x4's are a tight class and alot of fun to watch to see who read the track right and put the right setup in. 2011 Keystone Nationals Flyer

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
www.easternextremepulling.com
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Re: trucks at Louisville February 09, 2011 12:10AM
I think you guys are a little off base.Do you think the trucks you will see are something just thrown together?Just a bunch of rookies with nothing better to do than go pull their pickup that night to see what happens?You should take a another look.These trucks have as much time and money invested as any of the tractors you will see on that track.Its time you wake up and look to the future of the pulling sport as a whole.Get out from under the rock and check these machines out and give them a chance.

Re: trucks at Louisville February 09, 2011 05:07AM
I guess if you want to the "how the fans" relate to a class. How do most fans relate to a TWD of a mod? I don't ever see the TWD class being cut from these shows...

Re: trucks at Louisville February 09, 2011 11:46AM
I think 09 was the last year they pulled mod diesel 4x4's at Murpheesboro. A lot has changed since then! I am interested to see if a true diesel super wins or if one of the prostock trucks takes home the prize. It should be a good class just the same.

Re: trucks at Louisville February 09, 2011 12:09PM
Two wheel drive Diesels. Thats the class of the future. How cool would wheel standing smoke blowin bar tire trucks be?

Re: trucks at Louisville February 09, 2011 02:26PM
Here is my view on this matter. People love the diesel trucks because they see this huge plum of smoke. Guess what? Not gonna see that inside. I am not a diesel truck hater. i like the class, but cutting out and Mod 4x4 class is absolutely retarded!!!

I beat mod diesel trucks with my Super Stock GAS burner. You wanna see a good class put some 6200 pound Mod 4x4 trucks in the Diesel class and see what happens. Of course the Mod trucks are loud!! That's some of the best things about the Mod trucks, they shake the dirt, and the smell of alcohol is crazy good. I am good friends with a few of the NTPA Mod 4x4 guys and girls up in my area. Its not fair to them to just cut them out of the show!!

The class they need to cut out is the Super farm class. BORING!! I love the tractor classes, but the super farms are so boring to watch. They never seem to really come alive and then @#$%& the bed at the end of the track. Not real entertaining.

That is all, i'm sure this is gonna piss a lot of people off, but i could care less.

Re: trucks at Louisville February 10, 2011 12:42AM
You're post doesn't piss me off, but you aren't taking the audience into consideration. You can't just have a show made up of classes that deserve to be there or invite classes because its fair or they earned it. Fact is you have 4 sessions to pack things in at a farm show. At a farm show you're going to see alot of tractor classes and the majority of those are diesels regardless of whether or not you see smoke. Take a walk through the parking lot and I'm thinking you'll see 3 or 4 to 1 diesel trucks over gas if you look at 3/4 and 1-ton trucks and I'll bet that 1 in 10 of those has made a pass at a local fair. It makes alot of sense to have them at the show, and it says NOTHING (meaning nothing negative) about how good the alcohol MFWD class is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/10/2011 12:44AM by 007.

Re: trucks at Louisville February 10, 2011 12:48AM
So back to my original question... How does and "average farm show fan" relate to a TWD or a Mod? I would say 99.9% of the trucks in the parking lot are FWD, why not have a Mod FWD class and a FWD diesel class and maybe, just maybe cut the TWD class instead? Just saying...

Re: trucks at Louisville February 10, 2011 01:25AM
tomentor6200
I beat mod diesel trucks with my Super Stock GAS burner. You wanna see a good class put some 6200 pound Mod 4x4 trucks in the Diesel class and see what happens. That is all, i'm sure this is gonna piss a lot of people off, but i could care less.

Was it a country fair street class? Or What did the diesel break? Your Super Stock Gas truck would not cut it in even the 2.6 Turbo Class.

Re: trucks at Louisville February 10, 2011 01:58AM
You guys talking about taking a walk in the parking lot to see how many 4x4s there is and how diesels there is .. Thats sooo dumb !!! Yep they need a 4x4 class because they out number the 2wds. in the parking lot.. Yep they need a deisel class because the out number the gas burners in the parking lot... How many tractors do you see out there ??? Just be glad they put on a show period...
Dave

Re: trucks at Louisville February 10, 2011 03:00AM
"Just be glad they put on a show period..."

Boy, you hit the nail on the head with that statement... A SHOW, not a PULL!

Re: trucks at Louisville February 10, 2011 03:24AM
Most of the pulls are called "Shows"....

Re: trucks at Louisville February 10, 2011 04:33AM
It's not dumb at all. Yes, there are few (if any) tractors in the parking lot (and if there are, they weren't for transportation to the show) - but there's quite a few on display IN the show isn't there? Be honest with yourself, you think that there's NO correlation between the the prevalance of this class in pulling today, the popularity of DHRA, the hundreds of diesel pickups in the lot (some of which have indeed hooked at fairs)...AND the addition of this class?

The point your missing is that they added this class because (like it or not) it is an up-and-coming class and high percentage of the attendees can identify with them, same reason they have tractors. It doesn't mean that the MFWD class isn't good or that the TWD's belong there "more" than MFWD or anything else. If the Mid-America Truck Show in March decided to have a pull, I'd be willing to bet they would schedule a Super-Semi class wouldn't they? I mean, there's thousands of truckers there...??? Would you complain because there's so few entries in the class and they pull so few times throughout the year? Would you gripe every year that they need to add MFWDs', TWD's and Mini Rods?

You MFWD'rs need to not take this so personal...seriously...

Re: trucks at Louisville February 10, 2011 04:02AM
No louder than a modified tractor with 4 blown hemis....just sayin.

Re: trucks at Louisville February 10, 2011 10:56AM
I want to see some super semis blow it through the sand pile at Freedom Hall!!!! That sould be a SHOW! I would like to see them limit the classes to 2 sessions and add a few more diffrent ones to replace the 3-petes.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,775, Posts: 229,944, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,031.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009