Open farm puller needing some advice on pumps February 15, 2011 12:37PM
Hey guys im building an open farm puller and was wanting to get some advice on what pump to run. Not wanting to run a p-pump. I got a 1066 and its still got the model 100 pump on it. New to tractor pulling. So i guess im trying to figure out what the big difference is between a A pump and a model 100 pump. Im going to run a DD clutch and a 5 disc t/a. So can i run a 13mm A pump or am i going to have to fire ring it? Looking for a pump and injectors. Am i going to need to put a pusher pump on it? Was looking at the FASS but thats a little to much money for me. It has a 3lm dt466 turbo on it right now so im set there just looking for some more fuel. Just looking for some advice on pumps and whats best for what im wanting to do.

Thanks Mitchell

Re: Open farm puller needing some advice on pumps February 15, 2011 03:36PM
A 13mm model 100 is probably your cheapest and best bet. Pusher pump is recommended and fire rings as well

Re: Open farm puller needing some advice on pumps February 15, 2011 04:10PM
Kinda depends on your location on what pump you can run anyway. Open farm means different things even within a state.

Re: Open farm puller needing some advice on pumps February 16, 2011 12:10PM
The class dosent have very many rules. 20in maximum hitch height and no cut tires. Not really wanting to have to tear into the motor right now. Whats the max i can go without fire rings. Would an 11mm A pump work well or am i better off to just get some work done to my factory 100 pump.

Thanks Mitchell

Re: Open farm puller needing some advice on pumps February 16, 2011 01:23PM
I don't think you need much fuel if you are sticking with a stock 3lm 466 I ran my 436 for many years 3500 rpm with a 13mm 100 without fire rings. I ran a 3lm that was built as big as one could be

Re: Open farm puller needing some advice on pumps February 17, 2011 01:29AM
Mitch, I have a model 100 with lines and injectors that I would like to sell..
Give me a call at 517-605-1125 if interested.
-Ryan

Re: Open farm puller needing some advice on pumps October 04, 2011 07:02AM
Was wondering if u still have those parts available

Re: Open farm puller needing some advice on pumps October 04, 2011 11:36AM
I also have a 13mm Model 100, .093 lines, and 4x.024 injectors for sale. howlinmad@dishmail.net

Re: Open farm puller needing some advice on pumps October 04, 2011 08:37PM
Don't waste your time or your money on an open farm class with no set rules, the sky is the limit on how much money you my have to spend to be competitive. Build a tractor for a class that has had a good set of rules for at least a couple of years it will be alot cheaper in the long run. I learned the hard way. There have been alot of hotfarm tractors on here forsale it my even better to buy one already setup. I dont know where your from but surely they have some starter classes with a good set of rules. As far a firering the sleeves go ahead a do it your gonna have to if you my much power even with a m 100 13 mm pump, and it a lot cheaper to buy a good ppump that to waste big money on an a pump been there done that too.

Re: Open farm puller needing some advice on pumps October 04, 2011 09:35PM
af, those parts have been sold for quite some time now. Better get a hold of bleednred....

Re: Open farm puller needing some advice on pumps October 05, 2011 12:12PM
email us, we can build you a 13 mm ambach pump that can flow 460 cc ,, and it will be very reliable,, newly developed head assy, runs smooth and quiet, setup for any rpm and fuel delivery,,,, m8888ja@yahoo.com

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,957, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,040.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009