water nozzle positioning February 16, 2011 03:14AM
Using Enderle nozzles on a high pressure water injection set-up. I am positioning 6 nozzles 3" back from the head in the intake manifold, 1 aligned with each cylinder. My question is would it be preferable to direct the spray towards the engine, away from the engine, (against the airflow), or don't it make any difference? This is a 466 hot farm,3LM. Thanks for any help.

Re: water nozzle positioning February 16, 2011 11:05AM
position the nozzle away from the engine, towards the airflow, thats an awful lota water that close might consider taking half of that closer to the charger if you could but thats my opinion

Re: water nozzle positioning February 16, 2011 01:30PM
Port water is not necessary on a 3lm 466 hot farm tractor, it will hurt you, just put all the water in the crossover will be your best outcome. 2 enderle noozles point them back towards turbo/ against air flow would say 25-30 oz water would be plenty... just my experiance don't waste time doing port inj. on anything under 50oz water, get much above that it tends to puddle in the intake if put all in crossover.

Re: water nozzle positioning February 16, 2011 03:06PM
I had some issues with distribution when all my water went into the crossover. Changed to 6 Enderle in the ports (towards the valve) and 1 in the face of the wheel. My problems ended. Ny tractor is a limited RPM 13mm Model 100 pump, with a stock 3-LM 466. The water pump is a 220 psi electric unit. Probably use a pint and a half on a normal 12mph pull.

Re: water nozzle positioning February 24, 2011 12:34PM
Just curious what diameter nozzle your using?? Like .015 or ??

Re: water nozzle positioning February 24, 2011 04:11PM
I would have to pull a nozzle to find the diameter. Will try to post in the next couple of days.

Re: water nozzle positioning February 25, 2011 04:48PM
we put a 1qt in the crossover w3 nozzles works alot better for us than it did in the ports but our presure is 650 or 700

Re: water nozzle positioning February 26, 2011 07:03AM
my nozzles are simply stamped "B". they are fitted to a male flared adapter stamped 18. That's how I bought them, but the nozzle will seperate from this fitting. I'm using a hyd. pump that's supposed to make 1500 p.s.i.

Re: water nozzle positioning February 26, 2011 08:46AM
"B" is the back side of the "duck bill" 18 is probably .018 hole, although different suppliers change that to keep your competitors from knowing what you are running. Buy a pin set and measure them, then you will know what you are running.

Re: water nozzle positioning February 28, 2011 03:11AM
Where can these pin sets be found ? Thanks all the replies.

Re: water nozzle positioning February 28, 2011 06:29AM
MSC industrial Supply or J and L offer pin gauges.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,695, Posts: 229,800, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,956.

Our newest member CBeard