attention farm show comittee February 17, 2011 02:36AM
who got bumped out of the show so the 2 fat tired super farms could pull with the diesel supers?

Re: attention farm show comittee February 17, 2011 02:57AM
So you noticed?
Weren't so naughty now were they?
Top 5 in Outlaws points right there.

Re: attention farm show comittee February 17, 2011 03:50AM
Shame on the committee for having those "naughty" tractors there from Iowa when they could have had some of the best like Stray Horse, Magnum Force and Boxler's from New York!

farm show comittee February 17, 2011 04:01AM
In defence of the NFMS committee. If you have a application and you look over there stats. They look pretty good. In the real world, yes they can't even run with the super farms, but on paper they look good. I'm sure that the boys in NFMS will not make the same mistake twice. Funny thing is, the pro stocks are the same way yet the super farms are tough all the way down in Outlaw

Re: farm show comittee February 17, 2011 04:18AM
The funny thing was i watched them guys @ the scale moving 5lb weights to get them dead on the weight--but they should have brought another 1000hp!!

Re: farm show comittee February 17, 2011 12:26PM
You people should all be ashamed them are some very nice guys you are talking trash about everyone wants to pull at the nfms not everyone has deep pockets but they share the same love of the sport as we all do so why shouldn't they earn a spot in the show just because they don't have 100,000 in a tractor

Re: hey disappointed, learn 2 read February 18, 2011 12:56AM
Can you point out to me where ANYONE said anything bad about them?
Yes, everyone WANTS to pull at Louisville (except for the folks that have been messed around by "parking politics", union help, etc), but not everyone DESERVES to be there.
Most people don't go all that way to watch class jumpers do a poor job pulling, and they have given it all they have.
In other words, if you can't run with the big dogs, stay on the porch.
Also, if you can't speed, stay the heck out of the left lane !!!!!
So to test your obvious lack of comprehension skills, let's see if you remember some reading drills from your childhood,,,,,
See Spot,
See Spot Run,
Run Spot Run!
Run , Run, Run.
Now is anyone accusing Spot of being a bad dog?
Is anyone accusing Spot of peeing on the carpet?
Is anyone saying Spot doesn't deserve to be there?

Re: farm show comittee February 17, 2011 02:19PM
if some of you think the sykes boys do so bad, maybe you should try it your self maybe you would be better. as for super farms in this class, the sled is set to stop top super stocks, like goodwin, dark horse, and many others, maybe 2500-3000 horsepower, superfarms are at BEST 1250 horse on a loose dino. the horsepower spread in superfarm class is 250-300 hp, super stock is at least 4 times that.

Re: attention farm show comittee February 17, 2011 12:48PM
From what I've heard those "naughty" boys practically invented the sport of tractor pulling. As for them being top 5 in diesel supers in the outlaws, if you drive to every pull and make every hook then you end up doing quite well in points and I guess that's all the committee looks at

Re: attention farm show comittee February 18, 2011 05:09AM
Let me guess your tractor got bumped by there tractors to bad grow up and quit crying it pry just another baby who cries until you get your way this is why GOOD PEOPLE like the Sykes bros win the sportsmenship award cause they don't piss and moan when things don't go there way

Re: attention farm show comittee February 18, 2011 05:19AM
Doesn't sound like good sportmanship when you deceive the committe with results from a different class!

Re: attention farm show comittee February 18, 2011 12:04PM
The DSS class is hard to fill with top hp tractors. That class in it's day was "it" now it's not. Facts are facts sorry to disappoint the hard core fans but it's been a nodurability class for at least 5 years if not more and that's been catching up ($$$$$) with the competitors in that class. Hyper block probably hurt more than it helped overall with the durability, yes we all know Schramek is the Jimmy Johnson of late but as for quality numbers competing in that class , well let's just say the good old days are gone!Sad

Re: attention farm show comittee February 18, 2011 02:09PM
Regardless of how nice people are, superfarms have no business changing tires to hook with superstock tractors. A pull designed for fast paced showcase pulling like Louiville select extremely competative tractors that highlite the best tractors in the sport for each class. There was only room for 12 light supers for the entire show. How many superfarms were accepted? I'm not for sure on the exact number, but I would have to guess that there were enough to satisfy the crowds appetite without sneaking them into classes where they dont belong.

Re: attention farm show comittee February 18, 2011 02:47PM
Sence when did they start letting 540 twin chargers in Stuperfarm? Yes these guy's may not be able to run with the top tractors in the country, BUT where they do run they are at every pull, every pull, and run consistant and run Super Stock. To you and yours that like to bitch and run down other pullers put up or shut up. Go get your SS built and have it there next year. You bring that high quality iron that you claim to know so much about. Did you ever think maybe the board likes to change things up a little bit? I was told by a NFMS Director that if you have never pulled in NFMS that you would stand a better chance of getting in unless you hold a Grand National Title. So set back a enjoy seeing something different. If thats not for you go back to your blue shirts white cars ganeric beer and pork sandwich diet.

Re: attention farm show comittee February 19, 2011 12:11AM
Amen, I could not agree more. The pull committee did a fine job picking the competitors for 2011. The problem with the naughty boys is they just did not have enough gear to respect the Louisville Track. Even the best tractors in the country either have a Louisville gear in the tractor or change gears to come and play. BB

Re: attention farm show comittee February 19, 2011 12:27AM
and about 1500 horses short.

Re: attention farm show comittee February 20, 2011 06:00AM
Sorry guys! I read the post and just assumed that the author knew the tractors. A 540 big twin is not a superfarm in anyones book, and If the "naughty" tractors are infact built along these lines, then I must congratulate them for their selection and applaude their efforts!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,698, Posts: 229,797, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member CBeard