Common rail fuel prostock at loiusville February 18, 2011 02:01AM
Saw a prostock looked like the injection lines went into a common rail manifold then went into the head. Is that possible or am I confusued. The tractor was red had a big custom head and manifolds looked pretty sweet

Re: Common rail fuel prostock at loiusville February 18, 2011 02:25AM
did it pull last night?

are you sure it wasn't the water injection block?

Re: Common rail fuel prostock at loiusville February 20, 2011 05:31AM
No I don't think it was water, lines were coming from injection pump, pulled Weds night

Re: Common rail fuel prostock at loiusville February 20, 2011 05:44AM
why are you being so coy? Tell us the name on the tractor. Thank you.

Re: Common rail fuel prostock at loiusville February 20, 2011 05:48AM
If it had an injection pump and lines it wouldnt be common rail would it??

Re: Common rail fuel prostock at loiusville February 20, 2011 06:27AM
if it had a injection pump its not a common rail. common rail does not have an injection pump it has a transfer pump or cp3 pump that is all the computer tells the injectors when to fire not the pump so it was not a common rail if it had an injection pump

Re: Common rail fuel prostock at loiusville February 20, 2011 07:02AM
Okay I understand what a common rail is like on a cummins 855 , just looked like the injection lines went into some sort of common manifold attatched to the cylinder head. Not trying to be a jerk just curious, I would have asked those with the wrenches but they looked a little intense getting ready, didn't want to bother .

Re: Common rail fuel prostock at loiusville February 20, 2011 10:43AM
Maybe it was just a common fuel return off the injectors .

Re: Common rail fuel prostock at loiusville February 20, 2011 09:25AM
why can't you tell the name of the tractor, why is so secretive? Or are u full of crap? You've posted 3 times and can't seem to say what tractor you are asking about. And "Petebuilt" what post are you referring to? Thanks

Re: Common rail fuel prostock at loiusville February 20, 2011 09:51AM
No secrets at all, I think it was Stampede, looked at a lot of tractors that day and just not sure, they had the hood popped up and I was looking at the motor. Like I said not trying to be a jerk or misrepresent anyone's tractor, just curious and thought it looked impressive.

Re: Common rail fuel prostock at loiusville February 20, 2011 10:37AM
If they had a 12 cylinder injection pump what you may have seen would be a manifold that ties two b&p assemblies to inject fuel through one injector. Schied has a set up like that running on a couple of tractors.

Re: Common rail fuel prostock at loiusville February 20, 2011 10:50AM
Thanks , that could be. All the plumbing and motor looked impressive

Dont believe Stampede is common-rail February 20, 2011 01:33PM
Everything about Blaine's tractor is extremely impressive. Great example of pride and craftsmanship. The misterious block is probably a return off of the injectors, but maybe Blaine would be the guy to ask about that! Great personality, and easy to get along with.

Re: Dont believe Stampede is common-rail February 20, 2011 01:39PM
And he won gordyville, very beautiful 1066!

Re: Common rail fuel prostock at loiusville February 20, 2011 11:39AM
I believe he is running an aftermarket head and the injectors are repositioned to the top of the head.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,698, Posts: 229,797, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member CBeard