NTPA's Light Pro Stock class: Brilliant move February 23, 2011 04:23PM
no sarcasm, it was a great move.
Despite people criticizing a few of the rules, in it's second year of existence, as of the most recent NTPA website update, it appears to be developing into what NTPA hoped it would be
(hint Bowling Green- you may want to find room for this class in your schedule).

As of today, at least according to the NTPA website, here are the drivers who (I believe) have bought a license for this season:

1. Dave Armstrong (OH) Rowdy Red (IH)
2. Adam Biehl (OH) Mule Deere (JD)
3. Bob/Jamie Campbell (OH) Green Gangster (JD)
4. Doug Fisher (OH) (IH)
5. Bud Gettinger (IN) Up & Atom (JD--- 4010. I assume it will look identical to the 4010 they ran for years... just with 24.5s on it)
6. Travis Gordon (KY) Total Recall (NH)
7. Zach Howell (IN) (NH)
8. Jamie Tremaine (WI) 100 Yard Dash (Case)
9. Jerry/Jasen Laux (OH) (JD)
10. Kenny Bryan (OH) (AC)
11. Billy Kolish (IN) (Red Eye) (IH) **
12. Mark Wiederhold (OH) Bare Necessities (JD)
13. Marvin Jolliff (IN) Ole Blue (NH)
14. Mike Palmer (OH) Country Classic (IH)
15. Joe Moore (MI) (IH)
16. Jared Nussbaum (IN) Gutless General (AC)
17. Brad Overmeyer (IN) Bad Company (IH)
18. Lee Overmeyer (IN) Red Eye Express (IH) **
19. Scott Hollingsworth (IN) Cool Blue (Ford/NH)
20. Toby Kramer (OH) Diesel Addiction (JD)
21. Scott Webb (MI) Ragin Red (IH)
** I thought Kolish and Lee Overmeyer were on the same tractor, but the NTPA website lists Kolish's as a 1066 and Overmeyer's as a 1466
This could be interesing as both Overmeyers and Kolish normally run the Indiana Super Farm circuit in the Hot Farm class (you may have seen them at Gordyville in that class). I guess since they meet the engine limits (510 ci for their tractors) and if all the safety equipment is in place, they would be legal. It will be interesting to see of those hot farms can run with the true limited pros. I am not sure what the turbo limit is for an ISFPA/PPL Midwest type Hot Farm tractor.

Also, there are a couple guys not on the list (at least not yet) that we know have Light Pros, including Jeff Fussner from IN, Roger Early from OH, Justin Fleck (OH) and Matthew Meadows from KY, all of whom run red ones, and who were all 4 in the top 10 in Region II last year.

So... in only it's second year, still in February mind you, there are 21 separate tractors who's owners have already bought a license, and at least 4 more IHs named above. Plus, there are probably even a few more being built that are not listed above. It is possible, depending on breakage, that we may see 20+ Light Pros at several region II hooks this year.

If some of the East Coast guys come over for a few hooks, so much the better.

I honestly believe, if Bowling Green added this class THIS year (and maybe a Thursday night session), counting the East Coast guys, maybe a couple from Wisconsin, and the Region II guys, they would hit the 30 mark.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/23/2011 04:27PM by The Original Michael.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,782, Posts: 229,966, Members: 3,339.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,047.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009