Western Farm Show Pull February 25, 2011 02:04PM
Any results from the show yet? (or is it just getting started?)

Re: Western Farm Show Pull February 25, 2011 05:00PM
Light Super:

1: Haley's Comet
2: Weapon
3: Crazy Train

RMS Machine

Re: Western Farm Show Pull February 25, 2011 05:03PM
How long is the track and what kind of dirt is it?

Re: Western Farm Show Pull February 25, 2011 06:08PM
200' length - clay dirt decent thou. still going on after 12:00 am

Re: Western Farm Show Pull February 26, 2011 12:44AM
Any other results? Seems pretty quit about the pull

Re: Western Farm Show Pull February 26, 2011 12:56AM
Must have just been the good ol boys pull last night who enjoy the sport and don't bicker

Re: Western Farm Show Pull February 26, 2011 02:17AM
TWD -- Jacks trucks 1 st and 2 nd, Belgrave 3rd, Bill O. 4th
Pro Stock 4X4 -- Ford Tuff 1st,
Light Super -- B Bowles 1st, Ulmer 2nd,
4.1 Lim Pro -- to late went home

Re: Western Farm Show Pull February 26, 2011 02:53AM
here is a mixed review,it is great to see a pull back for the WFS,It was slow very slow,poor sled settings and operation of the sled,showed a big lack of experiance on the sled operators part for an indoor location,oh please 45 hooks in 4 and a half hours,finally left with light super class still hooking,the crowd was just fair,only one way to go and that is to improve.the sand pile was in no danger.5 minutes of warm up time for every machine hooked to the sled,perhaps all machines should go outsede to warm up and be ready to run when backed up to the sled.

Re: Western Farm Show Pull February 26, 2011 03:36AM
Thanks for the info...Sounds like it will take at least 7 hours or longer to run tonights classes...Guess I'll go as I only live 100 miles away and just got a free ticket...I remember going to a pull at Kemper in the early 1980's.

Re: Western Farm Show Pull February 26, 2011 03:47AM
Sled operator done a excelent job. Was always back redy for the next tractor befor any thing else was redy. Had to reset sled 2 times, but what can you expect after pulling on 300 ft tracks and going to a track just over 200 ft?
Only the diesels had to warm up on the sled and none of them took the 5 min.
What killed the time was the crew moving tractors around and befor the night was over they found out that they could have a tractor hooked to the sled warming up while they were repairing the track.
They spent time trying to unhook from sled because of the dirt pile from the tractors. MACK

Re: Western Farm Show Pull February 26, 2011 04:00AM
What sled?

Re: Western Farm Show Pull February 26, 2011 06:47AM
The show wasn't too bad for their first show. The track crew did a good job with the track, looked better than l'ville. The show ran long but you have to expect for their first show. They should have mixed their order up instead of stock spark plug, 2 wheel spark plug, lss and then lp to finish it off. I know that they couldnt do much with the limited space and smoke tube position but the combination of the order they pull and copying everything that l'ville does just wore the crowd out. The sled could have let most of the classes run another 20' and that would have made a better show(always more fun to see something hit the sand).

Re: Western Farm Show Pull February 26, 2011 05:05PM
Saturday Superfarm:

1. Red Iron
2. Magnum Force
3. Dream On

Show seemed to moved along a little quicker tonight.

Mods were won by Ulmer's Sweet Pain in the sand pile!!!

RMS Machine

Re: Western Farm Show Pull February 26, 2011 07:26PM
THANKS RYAN

Good Show Sat Eve February 26, 2011 08:01PM
Just got back from Kemper and I thought it was a real good pull...I left a little after 1 AM and they still had two PS hooks left plus Big Jacks semi.... When I left the Southern Belle had the PS class covered... In DSS Matt Goodwin won it with Blagraves in 2nd,Ulmer 3rd,and Shramek 4th....Its great to see pulling back in Kansas City....

Re: Good Show Sat Eve February 26, 2011 09:15PM
Last hook of the night bracket laid down a perfect pass and made it top 3 ih winning by almost 5 ft. Great pull a little long but will het better

way toooooooooo long February 27, 2011 12:13AM
It seems like the show too0k for ever. leaving at 1am is not any good, to late for familys and boring. they need to move tractors like clint does. outlaws pulls always are to slow most of the time. it was ok i guess, not real good

Re: anybody got pictures February 27, 2011 12:43AM
Anybody got pictures?

4wds? February 27, 2011 12:53AM
Any numbers on the 4wds?

Re: 4wds? February 27, 2011 02:44AM
woodchuck
Any numbers on the 4wds?

I think Dustin Ridder with the Stroker Ford won it..Bamber Hemi was a close 2nd.It was a class you wanted to hook early in.

Re: anybody got pictures February 27, 2011 02:19AM
3688puller
Anybody got pictures?

I took 15-20 videos but dont know how to put them on here.

Re: way toooooooooo long February 27, 2011 02:00AM
You've got to remember that there hasnt been an indoor pull in KC since the early-mid 1980's so its a learning process again.They pulled 5 big classes Sat evening and that takes lots of time at an indoor pull.About the only thing they could do different is warm up the diesels somewhere else other than on the starting line.

Yes,1 am is late but over the years I've been to plenty of outdoor pulls that got over later than that.I'm just glad to see KC having pulls again.I got home at 3:30 pm and was up at 8 am and I'm getting ready for church.I'll catch up on the sleep tonite.

Re: way toooooooooo long February 27, 2011 09:49AM
I thought everything went as well as could have been expected!
Track was for the most part, awesome! Atnips did excellent (as usual),
Tech guys did excellent,
Announcers are probably still sleeping, they did a fantastic job!
Toby's "rake" on front of the skid loader should be a requirement at every pull for the finish line end!
What a monster amount of work that production was. I know Doug has been working on this for many years, and was really cool to see them all pull it off. Good job to everyone that worked the event!
Could a tent be set up and kept warm enough to pit in?
I didn't see any unused buildings anywhere close to use for a pit area. Warming up the diesels is about the only thing that could have sped things up. And maybe one more 4 wheel steer "handler" with the "moving vehicles around" attachment on front.
I think Brandon did well on sled settings. Hard to "let them run" when you only have 180 to 190 feet to work with. And the smoke machine worked well!
Crazy Bob did nice job on the track and hooking the sled. The sled unhooker has to be sore today!
Only thing I would get rid of is the Lee Greenwood part! Patriotic and all but getting old.
Other than that, what a fantastic weekend!

Re: way toooooooooo long February 27, 2011 10:26AM
Congrats to everyone that made this show happen. One heck of a show. Everyone still talking about how good the pull was. Most everyone said it was alot like the Louisville pull which I have never had the chance to see, so far away for us. The lights, the Lee Greenwood tape by Syngenta was great and very moving as most had not every seen it before. The gal that sang the national anthem did a fantastic job and sang it like it it should be. The pull was great, with lots of new iron we never had seen before and with the replays and announcers there never was any slack time. We could of watched this pull till daylight and not complained. Sleep later. Great job and cant wait till next year!

Re: way toooooooooo long February 27, 2011 11:30AM
The only thing I would get rid of is "YOU". The Lee Greenwood "THING" is great. You're probably more concerned about yourself than you are being a Patriotic American. Way too many people take for granted, and you lead the list, of being part of our great American Heritage, some people need to be reminded now and then. Wake up America!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: way toooooooooo long February 27, 2011 12:03PM
I, too, liked it, any time I hear that Lee Greenwood song on the radio, I think of L-ville. As far as the long show, maybe limit classes to 8-10, that would have shortened the nite by an 1 1/2 hr or more!

Re: In agreement February 27, 2011 12:16PM
Everyone is in agreeance that the pull went way to long. My suggestion the Farm show is to not change a thing as far as lineup and numbers. However being a regional farm show there is no reason not toadd a Noon Session on Saturday and split the session into 3 classes per. There is no reason to not have a session during that time. I have been to the KC farm show for 4 or 5 years now and this year has been the busiest that I have seen it and gives someone who is driving several miles a reason to stay and enjoy the festivities and kc

my 2 cents

Re: way toooooooooo long February 27, 2011 12:42PM
it was great to see pulling back at the western farm show,for the most part people have a 3 to 4 hour time span,when it was 10:00 they had hooked 30 vehicles in 3 hours with 45 to go,people were starting to leave,yes it was their first year and i am sure it will improve,perhaps fewer classes or an earlier start time,or afternoon and evening sessions,bring the top 5 in for a sat night finals.the smoke machine did work well it was obvious they had done a fine job of copying another smoke system,nothing new for that operation,the sled settings could have been better,this is wheir experiance really shows up separating the men from the boy's,track speed was half of louisville and gordyville,the sleds are pretty much the same due to reverse enginering.ok blast away at least their was a pull and that is a good thing,all the pulling vehicles were good ones,hopefully the outlaws wont bring in the puppy dog classes no matter how opininated and judgemental and political one becomes.

Re: way toooooooooo long February 27, 2011 12:49PM
The Lee Greenwood Syngenta video was excellent. I have heard that song hundreds of times and it still makes the hairs on my arms stand up from pride.

Re: way toooooooooo long February 27, 2011 12:55PM
The Pre-Pull festivities , Tributes, Intro, and National Anthem, were excellent. I would say they had a better "Pre-Game" show than the super bowl!!

Re: way toooooooooo long February 27, 2011 03:48PM
I for one am also tired of Lee Greenwood. Y not have Jimmy hendrix's star spangled banner play or many others way cooler. So wake up american cuz Lee Greenwood sucks not america u old fool!!!!

Re: way toooooooooo long February 27, 2011 04:18PM
Or have Uncle Ted (Nugent) come do it live!
1) better guitar player than Hendrix
2) not a druggie, that is why he is still alive to play and Hendrix isn't. (fwiw, I also think Keith Whitley had a load of talent he threw away because of drugs).
I agree with Packman, Thursday night session. I do like 4 classes, but have 10 per class.
I hope someone comes up with a good idea on warming them up! Just trying to get idea's and not just bitching about it.
I haven't been to L'vill in a while, but 5 times of Lee Greenwood per year for many years is enough. It still gives me goose bumps, but would like to see something else, instead of copying L'ville. For those that haven't been, after about 5 or 6 years of Lee Greenwood at Kansas City every winter will be enough for you too. I just hope we get to find out!
Everything is in place to build on and make a fantastic thing out of this.

Re: way toooooooooo long February 27, 2011 10:37PM
Jimi's version of America's national anthem is a disgrace, a hack, a joke! Thank God for true patriot's like Lee Greenwood or anyone else who sings our anthem like its written, not their version.

Re: way toooooooooo long February 27, 2011 11:25PM
I know Hendrix (and not particularly for "his" version of the Star Spangled Banner)... - but, sorry to ask - who is Lee Greenwwood?

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: way toooooooooo long February 28, 2011 12:27AM
Lee Greenwood is a country music artist that is known for singing his biggest hit "God bless the Usa". Alot of people are hating on Hendrix but anybody that could smoke dope and play the guitar at the same time is pretty good.

Re: way toooooooooo long February 28, 2011 09:18AM
I love "old style" country... grew up with my father listening to Denver, Cash, Rogers and some others (back in the days of vinyl).
Had so much influence on me, I still listen to the likes of Mark Knopfler (that guy is not known much in the US as solo artist, but DAMN is he good and what a sound quality freak).

I have "youtubed" that Greenwood guy and oh well...
If somebody over here would make a song praising Germany, he'd probably have the "constitution police" upon his ass the next morning... Since 1949 it's a "NO GO" to praise this country - let alone stand up for the national anthem (which you hear very seldomly anyways).

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/28/2011 09:18AM by Sascha.

Re: way toooooooooo long February 27, 2011 11:29PM
I agree. The National Anthem should not be "botched up." That's like putting green sheetmetal on a red chassis. It just isn't something that should be done. It's cheating!

Smiling Bouncing Spinning

Re: way toooooooooo long February 28, 2011 12:37AM
U know lee greenwood isnt doing the national anthem. Thats the disgrace when people dont know that. Way over done need to change it up get a cooler verison for people who arnt 80 yrs old!!!!!!!!!!

Re: way toooooooooo long February 28, 2011 01:04AM
U know ... You're right! Lee Greenwood does NOT sing the National Anthem. I'll try and plug my brain in before typing next time. Yawning Thanks for your response. Grinning

Re: way toooooooooo long February 28, 2011 01:08AM
Most everyone around us had not seen the tape and thought it was great. Very emotional and showed great class on the part of the Western Farm Show. Louisville is the one that might need to make a change after almost 10 years of the same tape 5 days in a row with a few little changes over the years. This was the older first tape and maybe next year Kansas City will use some of the later versions. Thanks to Syngenta for the tape.

Re: way toooooooooo long February 28, 2011 01:28AM
I agree Lee isn't doing the national anthem!
So what is with standing up for that?
And why take your hat off for that?
I'll stand just to take pressure off my butt, but I leave my hat on till the REAL national anthem comes on.
I do have a suggestion for a patriotic change up,,,, play Alan Jackson "Do you remember" and show a BUNCH of pictures of the aftermath of 9-11.
And to quote the other poster that seems to love Lee,,,,, WAKE UP AMERICA!!!

track February 28, 2011 05:16AM
The track rake has its place but they should of had a blade drag dirt back to mid track I bet there was a 3-6 inch incline where the rake just smothed the last 25 feet of the track of all the dirt the tracors built up in front of the sled. overall not bad the dirt was wierd and pumped alot. Went well for the first year but they could learn a thing or two if the track crew could take notes from Klint tuckers crew at Gordyville.

Re: track February 28, 2011 06:37AM
The track was not real good for the 4wds, they pretty much finished in the order they pulled in....

Re: Western Farm Show Pull February 27, 2011 12:24PM
Great pull, Great astmosphere, Well ran pull, Big Screen & replays, Killer track (To much for lesser Super Stocks), Announcers did great job with roaming mikeaphone and camera. No need to go to Louisville with this calaiber pull in our backyard. Cheaper ticket and hotels to boot. Give them 5 years and I bet they fill that big building up. Louisville finals in Super Farm: 1st Davison, 2nd - Kavan, 5th - Deck. Kansas City: 1st - Davison, 2nd - Kavan, 3rd - Deck. Hats off to everyone that made this pull happen.

Re: Western Farm Show Pull February 27, 2011 01:27PM
I have never been to the NFMS so I can not compare I thought all the pre show was great. I think I those big desiels had a place to warm up the show would have speed up. Like seeing bothe the 4 WEEL drive classes. And I will plan on attending next year.

Re: Western Farm Show Pull February 27, 2011 02:00PM
First I want to say when I first heard it was going to happen I was glad to hear it but wasn't sure it would, well everyone it happened and it was good. Hats off to the Western Farm Show, Doug Roberts and the Outlaws. I agree with everything that was been said about a good pull, track and everything else. Not sure if they add a third session it should be Saturday afternoon or not, might hurt the Farm Show attendance, how would Thursday night work? The Lee Greenwood Video was good, but get the newest version that was one of the first ones and there has been two or three update since that one. An outdoor warm up tent or something would be good, but if they want the indoor pit party/meet & greet inside, it might take more time moving stuff in and out than the warm up time during the pull. The biggest shock was no Mother-in-Law Jokes, not that they were needed or missed but that is a Dave Bennett thing. I'd say 3 sessions and 3 classes a session would be the first place to start for next year. Overall great show and according to the Western Farm Show People they going to be here for years to come. Thank you for listening and your time.
Dale Wollard "PACKMAN"

Re: Western Farm Show Pull February 27, 2011 03:05PM
Someone said the winning distance in some classes were like 176 feet. sounds like to short of track to have a good pull.

Re: Western Farm Show Pull February 27, 2011 03:43PM
Yeah, 200' was one of the longest distances, tough to get the sled just right on that short of track.

Re: Western Farm Show Pull February 27, 2011 04:37PM
here are a few pics i took with my phone not very clear but its somthing i guess

Re: Western Farm Show Pull February 27, 2011 11:26PM
Was the crows as poor as it looks on the pictures?

Re: Western Farm Show Pull February 28, 2011 12:20AM
Thanks for such a good pull. Some think it was to long, but I have sit on hard bleachers in the sun sweating for longer than that this summer. Sometimes at the fall pulls you about freeze for 7 or 8 hours watching pulls. So why can you not be happy sitting in a seat with a back, in a heated arena, with good light, good sound, watching a great pull with 6 inches of snow on the ground outside for $20. BE FOR REAL AMERICA, WAKE UP! Speaking of America, that was a great tape they played before the show and the gal that sang the national anthem was perfect. What a voice, and sang it like it should be. Dont cut any classes. See you next year!

Re: Western Farm Show Pull February 28, 2011 01:24AM
If you are going to copy Louisville, BRING ON THE FROGS !!!!!!!!
After overpaying for beer (and $4.00 for WATER) they can rent the frog commercials!
Agree on the gal that sang the national anthem!!

Re: Western Farm Show Pull February 28, 2011 04:56AM
I agree, that gal could sing, Nice to look at too! Heard later that she is the sister of Joe Moriondo, No Green No Glory - Limited Pro Stock tractor.

Re: Western Farm Show Pull February 28, 2011 01:27AM
Answering previous question about the size of the crowd, the pictures from that cell phone were before the pull. The crowd in attendance was actually quite large.

Re: Western Farm Show Pull February 28, 2011 07:46AM
Was there
Answering previous question about the size of the crowd, the pictures from that cell phone were before the pull. The crowd in attendance was actually quite large.

Ummm no, it was really that empty, the upper level was same as empty, and if you condensed all the people there it wouldn't have filled 2/3's of the lower level. Most of those pics were during the event.

That being said the event came off better than I anticipated, the sled and the smoke tube seemed to work ok, track was decent, and it seemed warm enough. Lack of pit and warmup area was a problem, which directly influenced the dragging on and on. They need to fix these issues before the event is taken to seriously by a large group of fans.

I'd say my biggest complaint would be how much they copied the NFMS, the intro( nothing wrong with lee greenwood, but i'd have just as soon listened to the lady who sung the national anthem sing the song or some other patriotic song), right down to the insignia's on the jackets. I would have liked to have seen at least a little originality in it somewhere.

Re: Western Farm Show Pull February 28, 2011 09:05AM
Anyone really know how many people were there each night? If I would have to guess, I would have said about 3500 Fri night and 4500 to 5000 Sat night but that's just an estimate based on the arena itself holding close to 15,000 which I heard somewhere.

Re: Western Farm Show Pull February 28, 2011 09:13AM
i believe the door as you walk in said that kemper could hold 20,000

Re: Western Farm Show Pull February 28, 2011 09:12AM
They had at least 3500 people there on saturday night. You people need to quit b*tchin about the pull and quit comparing it to louisville. The problem with most of you is that you have to much time to look at the negative and forget about the positives. If you would have just sat back and looked around at the amount of work the crew put in to get the show done you would be more appreciative. Anyone who has something bad to say i would love to see the pull you put on yourself. From a driver's stand point no one has complained (except about where we were parked). The only classes that had trouble stopping were boring on a 300 ft track n e ways. I for one will put in an application again next year and go again if they invite me. Also one other needs to be said for the amount of fans who stayed past midnight to watch. I know if I traveled and paid the cash to watch, then came on here and pissed and moaned about the pull I would probably keep it to myself because I am now not a fan of pulling but a critic of the sport. Quit making yourself look bad and decide if you want this sport to grow and prosper or head your a$$ to the local demo derby and cheer for the junkyard warriors. They could use the fans because pulling has enough true fans without the need for you pissbabies

Re: Western Farm Show Pull February 28, 2011 11:23AM
was there both nights was a good show a little long on friday but sat seemed to flow a lot better will go back again . know it wiil just get better

Re: Western Farm Show Pull March 01, 2011 08:30AM
I was there both nights it broke up the winter (ready to watch some pulling) as for the lee greenwood song if any of you have family in the military or veterans in your family you might appreciate it a little more. Or even if you have young children it pulls at your heart. As well as if syngenta is sponsoring the show let them play whatever they want. When you people are complaining about the song pony up the money they put up for sponsorship then you can play whatever you want. thanks for the pull.

Re: Western Farm Show Pull March 01, 2011 07:55AM
I sure don't want to complain about the pull. In fact - after watching the video of the mod class, it looked more entertaining than the mods at NFMS.

Our bunch has put on pulls since 1981, fell flat on our faces with an indoor pull, when that day the roads were covered by ice rain within half an hour and NOBODY came.
I have done it all from getting chased by the cops when putting up posters, to radio interviews, to plan a pit area, plan a show, RUN the show, ....
We have lost 70.000 $ on a pull a few years ago with maybe a 600 head crowd, made money with a new pull putting 10.000 people into the stands the very first day. We do one annual pull right next to our workshop with between 8000 to 12000 people in attendance, depending on the weather.

I just feel so damn sorry for people that put in a lot of work (and the financial risk to rent an arena) and then don't get the crowd they need to break even. That's why I have asked - and hoped it looked better than on the pics.

Longer Track February 28, 2011 01:34AM
poh
Someone said the winning distance in some classes were like 176 feet. sounds like to short of track to have a good pull.

Theres only only one way to have a longer track at Kemper and thats start them 20 ft further back in the entrance way.Several of us were talking about that at the pull on Sat evening.The trouble is would it work with the smoke tube.

I went to pulls back in the 1970's at the old Royal building and if I remember right a full pull there was 180 ft.Of course we didnt have high wheel speeds back then.I dont know if any other place in KC would have room for a pull.I'm sure that the Western Farm Show wants to keep the pull close by so Kemper is the only option.

They had good sled sets on Sat evening and the winning distances were all 176 ft or more.Even with a short track it was still a good pull.

Re: Longer Track March 02, 2011 12:41AM
They might be able to move sled over and gain another 15 feet and make the track about 210 feet. Sled did a gret job and I am sure with the event running late they were not going to take a chance on a big pulloff. Nice equipment for sled and smoke machine, good iron, well ran event and look foward to next year.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009