itpa profarm classes March 03, 2011 07:20AM
I am wanting to get myself in the position to pull with one of the two itpa profarm classes. Curious as to what the rules for both classes are and exactly the best and cheapest way to get pulling in it. I don't have intentions of winning at first I would like to be able to pull and then improve as I go. What I have been told is that the claases are struggling and I see an opportunity to pull in a really great organization. Any help would be great, even as to what tractor would be best. I will probably start from scratch and not buy one built already unless someone wants to sell one real cheap or give it to me. Thanks for any suggestions

Re: itpa profarm classes March 03, 2011 11:46AM
dont waste your money building a tractor to fit itpa rules. they change them yearly. also they are losing pulls to other organizations.

Re: itpa profarm classes March 03, 2011 12:23PM
The ITPA is doing great and is a good organization to be a part of.. Do we have problems? Of course, find an organization that doesn't...

Anyways, contact 217-923-3949 or itpa@itpapulling.com and ask them to send a Rule Book.. I'm sure they would be MORE than welcome to hear about interest in the 95 or 12 ProFarm classes..
And as for your other questions I'm sure there are better qualified people to answer.

I will say that there are some of the old ProFarm tractors (good running ones) for sale, even on here.

And most of them run 66's in the 9500# class and either 66's or 6030's in the 12000#.

Re: itpa profarm classes March 03, 2011 01:57PM
Well with all that in thought i was also looking to pull with the illiana pullers 11000 lb profarm class. i have been told the both groups rules are similar which would provide a number of extra pulls to consider when pulling. Having both organizations to pull for would make for a long but fun pulling season. I still would like to have other in put on this topic. thanks

Re: itpa profarm classes March 03, 2011 03:30PM
Forget about the profarm classes that itpa has. the 12000 lbs. class is on probation. yet while it is on probation, you would still have to have a 47.1 roll cage that is only good for 10,000 lbs. to pull in it. If you really want to pull with ITPA, build yourself a two wheel drive truck that does not have to have anything but a name of who you are.

Re: itpa profarm classes March 04, 2011 03:29AM
the 95 pro farm has 466 cube limit 3000 rpm and cooler without shifting, or water injection with shifting. can pull in the 12 pro farm weighing 95 lbs and under the 95 pro farm rules. The 12 pro farm runs coolers 2750 rpms, and both classes have the same turbo rule 3 inch. There is a 95 pro farm tractor that is for sale on here and can come with cage. It's a 1066 real strong runner. The guy that has it is shelby baker 217-821-4619. You can call him for more info on it

Re: itpa profarm classes March 04, 2011 05:12AM
Kirk to Enterprise...........Kirk to Enterprise. Do you read me?? Scotty; beam me up and tell Mr. Spock to set reactor engines to warp 5. I repeat; warp 5. There's a crazy man down here that thinks someone is going to GIVE him a pulling tractor. This is a planet unlike we've ever seen before. Mr Sulu thinks that we have discovered some kind of alien planet that is inhabited by VERY STRANGE creatures know as LIBERALS and DEMOCRATS. Their main agenda is to "dumb everyone down" and get EVERYTHING given to them by their equally insane government officials. I know Bones is gonna tell ya "she's gonna blow", but we need to get the "H" outa here before it spreads throughout the entire universe. Warn the Klingons too.

Re: itpa profarm classes March 05, 2011 10:19AM
Also deere up,.....if you wouldn't mind i would love to visit with you. if you could email me your phone number and when the best time to call i have some more things i would like to find out. if not that is fine and thanks for your comments. pull822008@hotmail.com

Re: itpa profarm classes March 04, 2011 03:32PM
I am really kind of surprised, seems to be some itpa bashing here. kinda curious as to why but i guess i don't really care. thanks for the no help on this subject. I guess i will figure it out on my own.

Re: profarm rookie March 05, 2011 06:06AM
profarm rookie, did you not read what i put on yesturday? i gave you some info on the two classes and a name and number of a tractor that pulled in the 95 that is for sale. If that isn't any info to you then i don't know what is

Re: profarm rookie March 05, 2011 10:16AM
I appologize i must have overlooked it. I appreciate the rules insight, i did talk to a guy by the name of darryll carpenter from arcola who used to run in the class. He enlighted me on a few things as well. I will pass on the tractor for sale i wouldn't want to waste the fellas time. I don't have the kind of money he is probably wanting up front for that tractor but i do have access to parts and could afford to buy a cheap farm tractor to get started in the class. I was told that the ih would be a better runner in the 95 and a big block deer in the 12. What do you think of that? Is that about right or what do you think? thanks

Re: profarm rookie March 05, 2011 01:31PM
I would say if you have about $ 80,000 laying around you don't need , you could build a decent tractor for those classes.

Re: profarm rookie March 05, 2011 03:20PM
I was not trying to bash anyone. I was telling you the truth. Before you spend any money on a pro farm to pull with ITPA, call Miller first and ask him how long both the 95 and 12 will be around. Then ask him about the SFI specs on a roll cage. Then post what he tells you.

Re: profarm rookie March 06, 2011 03:12AM
yeah your about right. red is mainly the 95 but in the 12 its both red and green. bumpus and kessler have 2 strong runners for red. they ran 1 and 2 in points last season and the guys in the 12 are really nice to get along with and know. i have a tractor in the 95 and also hook in the 12 and what was said earlier 80k to build thats not true. good red one you'll probably get around 30k to run good and decent.

Re: itpa profarm classes March 04, 2011 10:19PM
Call Ronnie Coman he will help you

Re: itpa profarm classes March 05, 2011 02:33PM
Come on $80,000 to build a profarm that a bunch of B.S. You can build a very competitive profarm for around $45,000 and thats a green one. I think some of you fellas are trying to scare this fella off. Is this how we grow our sport?

Re: itpa profarm classes March 05, 2011 02:43PM
first thing i would do is pick a better organization to pull with!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: itpa profarm classes March 05, 2011 11:37PM
LOOK INTO IPA PRO FARM OR NEW FARM STOCK CLASS .

Re: itpa profarm classes March 06, 2011 11:08AM
I have been around pulling long enough to know that for $80000,....I have seen pro stocks sell for that. I figured that I could also buy a tractor already built for cheaper than building one, but I don't have 25 to 40 thousand to spend all at once. I truely appreciate the help and will continue to consider all the help I can get. I would still like to run in the itpa even though many have bashed it. It sounds like they could use another puller in the group and I would love to be that. I also want to be able to run in the Illiana pullers association profarm as I believe dave bumpus has done. I truely think that having both organizations to choose from for hooks would make for very fun and interesting summers. Both organizations are well ran and have great people apart of them. Thanks for the info and keep it coming I will consider all.

Re: itpa profarm classes March 08, 2011 11:46AM
hey profarm rookie just pm me or give me a call at 618 267 0438 with any questions u may have about either class. ive been pulling in the 95 for 5 yrs and contrary to what some people say itpa is an excellent organization to pull with and both classe would welcome anyone that wants to come pull with us

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,797, Posts: 230,004, Members: 3,341.
This forum: Topics: 37,104, Posts: 226,075.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009