a- pump again ????? March 04, 2011 11:00PM
On a 3000rpm 466 ci. 2.75 charger class tractor,what makes a 13mm a- pump produce more power over a 11 or 12 mm. if all were set at 600cc and every thing else the same what makes the 13 and 14mm pumps better if your restricting the fuel. NOT A PUMP TECH. just trying to understand.TIA

Re: a- pump again ????? March 05, 2011 12:58AM
Delivery time is faster for the same amount of fuel... So less degrees of injection time, more torque

Floating Finish - the German Tractor Pulling Web Show and EU Live Streams: [www.youtube.com]

Re: a- pump again ????? March 05, 2011 04:51AM
They are trying to use the 14 mm for a quicker delivery, not because they need anymore fuel. But i was told anything over 11.5 on the set-up you are talking about loses torque fast on the dyno no matter whose pump you are refering to. "I have been told" the 14 mm works very well on the open RPM limited-pro tractors, But on the 3000 RPM tractors they lose torque fast on the dyno. I have done some research myself and this is what i've been told by some dyno and pump guys. Like the P-Pumps some of the super farm tractors are running, might be 1100 cc pumps but not that they need that much fuel they're just after the quicker delivery. From what i've been told the 1100 has a quicker delivery than an 800. Hope this helps, not an expert just relaying the info that i've gotten from my research.

Re: a- pump again ????? March 05, 2011 06:16AM
At 3000 rpms how does bigger plunger make quicker delivery when your restricting cc's of fuel,[does delivery valve being limited cause restriction]and if there is restriction how does bigger plunger make it faster. How does pump cam involve in this equation.Thanks for the response just trying to understand.

Re: a- pump again ????? March 05, 2011 07:29AM
the LARGER BORE REQUIRES LESS STROKE TO PUMP THE SAME AMOUNT OF FUEL, ALSO CAM RATE CAN ALSO QUICKEN THE STROKE, BY LESS
DEGREES OF ENGINE ROTATION.
IN OTHER WORDS TRYING TO GET THE FUEL IN THE CYLINDER AT THE OPTIMUM TIME FOR COMBUSTION. MAKING FOR A QUICK EXPLOSION
VS. A LONG SLOW BURN.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009