getting started??Confused March 05, 2011 01:39PM
i know this is crazy,but i have always dreamed of building,driving and going from pull to pull all summer long and wrenching/tunning all winter and meetting a whole new family!!(all you pullers) in august i purchased 2 oliver skeletons and have one 90 percent complete rolling chassis!! good tires,alot of tranny work,rollcage, weight brachets,aluminum radiator,electric fan,seat and harness,safety bars,aluminum fenders, the whole deal!!! i love the wrenching,welding and figuring out what to do next but im up against affording a good motor with turbo and fuel system is it crazy to take out a personal loan to finish this? i wanna be on the track this summer!!! are there any people or guys out there that sponsor new guys to keep the sport alive? is there anyone looking to be a partner on a superfarm tractor?(per ntpa specs) i work on this all hours of the day and nite,im hooked,but i need a good motor(3208 cat turbo) sometimes i dont see me ever affording all this, i know i can keep it on the track, i dont need to win,just wanna look good and have fun!!!

Re: getting started??Confused March 05, 2011 04:23PM
you might want to step back and look at something like a open farm class.little less motor,lot less expense.maybe look at thge 8.3 cummins too.the cat head doesnt flow well either,compared to your competition..

Re: getting started??Confused March 05, 2011 11:21PM
NO!! on the personal loan part. That will take the fun out of it eventually with that loan hanging over your head.

Re: getting started??Confused March 05, 2011 11:36PM
Most definintly do not take out personal loan.

Re: getting started??Confused March 06, 2011 12:04AM
Take your time, pulling will be around in 2012.

Re: getting started??Confused March 06, 2011 01:14AM
If you don't have any other financial obligations and can easly afford a payment do it. It is no different than buying a camper,boat,atv or anything else. Go for it!

Re: getting started??Confused March 06, 2011 03:19AM
Except for the fact that his pulling tractor could break down at any time maybe even the first time out. Plus he'll eventually be paying double for his motor if all he does is make the minimum payment. That's no way to get ahead.

Sounds to me like he is a great candidate to find a partner and in the meantime, do the safe thing and start saving your cash for next year.

It's only the begining March 06, 2011 10:52AM
If you can't afford to build the machine the first time your in over your head. You need to find a less expensive class to pull. The money it takes to build it the first time is only the start. I live to pull. I to enjoy everything about the sport. (minus the bitching from my bride). But when it breaks, and I mean WHEN you'll be paying on the loan, trying to find more money to keep he rush going. I've never used a bank or a card but I've done just about everything else to keep it going. I truely believe pulling is adictive. Don't believe me look around, you'll see people that have lost it all, and still do know enough to quit. I have seen very few partnerships that work or end well. I'm not trying to be a buzz kill but just being honest. Good luck!

Re: It's only the begining March 06, 2011 11:12AM
I have a suggestion. Put ad in paper.

Wanted: unattached female FarmStock or SuperFarm driver.

Send picture of tractor. Cool

Re: getting started??Confused March 06, 2011 10:51AM
I would for sure try to finish your tractor,....but put yourself in a farm stock class or hot farm class where you can pull a year or two and save money. you could probably find a cheap motor to do that and slowly build it up.

Re: getting started??Confused March 06, 2011 12:23PM
if your wanting to run the 3208 i would check with eddie kerr herd he was going to an inline, it was ran in the super farm class with mid south.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009