Rick Austin going to being the new Pres. of NTPA/WPI March 19, 2011 07:18AM
Is Rick Austin going to being the next Pres for WPI? the NTPA/WPI is going to need a new Pres. at some time. Rick would do a good job.

Re: Rick Austin going to being the new Pres. of NTPA/WPI March 19, 2011 02:01PM
He probably is a Dave Schreier disciple. He's from Wisconsin. He has experience as president of a pulling organization. So, does he jump ahead of the line, in front of Gregg Randall and Larry Richwine? Good question.Confused

Re: Rick Austin going to being the new Pres. of NTPA/WPI March 19, 2011 02:21PM
I guarandamtee he jumps ahead of Uncle Larry!
But maybe not Christopher, who can't run his finger up his rectum.
Here's hoping it is Greg at the front of the line.

Re: Rick Austin going to being the new Pres. of NTPA/WPI March 20, 2011 11:13AM
i don't know how people don;t understand,dave owns the ntpa
it is not up for a vote,,only way to take over for him is to buy him out
unless he wants to hire someone else to run it-yes,there is some other shareholders
but it's not like they can sell them or are worth anything

Re: Rick Austin going to being the new Pres. of NTPA/WPI March 21, 2011 10:11AM
You don't seem to know totally of what you speak. JW

Re: Rick Austin going to being the new Pres. of NTPA/WPI March 22, 2011 02:40AM
Speak up then and lets hear it JW

Re: Rick Austin going to being the new Pres. of NTPA/WPI March 23, 2011 02:21AM
I did my research so I could understand the workings of the organization. You can find out also if you really want to. I believe Mr. Schrier would answer your questions to your face (or by phone) if you ask. There are many shareholders and they control the Board and if they are satisfied with the direction of the organization, why would they change it? If you are dissatisfied with the way the NTPA is run, put up your money and become a shareholder and try to persuade the other shareholders that your way is better. Just quit dissing my organization when you don't have the facts. Not everything is a conspiracy. JW

Re: Rick Austin going to being the new Pres. of NTPA/WPI March 23, 2011 09:11AM
I would like to know how to buy a share, could you tell us how to do that?

Future Pres. of NTPA/WPI... Larry... Gregg... or... March 23, 2011 01:36PM
Personally I’d prefer to see either the WPI dissolved or the NTPA dissolved and the WPI renamed as the NTPA. I think the two organizations need to be combined into one in some fashion or another instead of having a parent, child structure. I honestly don’t see the need for the added level of bureaucracy for such a small organization. Pulling is a small niche motorsport (sorry pulling fans but that is the truth) and its management needs to be streamlined. The added level of bureaucracy only adds to the distrust and dislike of the organization.

David P. Schreier will step down at some point and I think the safe money is on Larry Richwine to move into the President/CEO position at WPI. Ken Lamping is a great guy, and I look forward to talking with him whenever our paths cross in the summer, but I don’t know how much longer Ken plans on staying on with WPI. I think Larry could be a fine leader. I know some people see Larry as a clown, and he can be on occasion, but there’s a side to Larry, a genuine and sincere side that’s a pulling fan at heart. That side of Larry is a true credit to the sport. Personally I really like that side of Larry and I think if he wants the President/CEO job it would behoove him to highlight that genuine and sincere side. People will listen to a President that looks and acts presidential, they will follow a leader they respect and admire. There’s a fun but serious side to Larry, and that will win him the job, if there’s too much clowning around that will lose him the job. We fans and puller want our leaders serious because we seriously love this sport (even if it is a niche sport).

The other leading candidate would be Gregg Randall. I’ve know Gregg for quite some time now, and I can truthfully say that Gregg is an honest and standup guy. I’d trust Gregg with my deepest secrets and my bank account number, Gregg is just that kind of guy. In fact, I don’t have time to list all of Gregg’s positive attributes, but just like Larry, Gregg does have attribute’s that hurts him: he is perceived by some as Dave’s guy. To many people that’s not a bad thing, but to some they might see Gregg as just an extension of Dave. Some may not even feel like Dave has stepped down with Gregg incharge. Gregg’s other attribute that might be seen as a negative is that he’s a nice guy. The truth is that a leader needs to step on toes from time to time. A leader will ruffle some feathers and direct an organization against the grain at times.

The NTPA need a 4-star General, a leader who will lead the organization into a war, a war against complacency, and the pullers will follow. The NTPA needs a leader who moves the organization forward, streamlines operations, reduces bureaucracy, creates an environment where good enough is no longer good enough, where constant improvement isn’t a goal, it’s a reality. The NTPA needs a leader that’s professional, personable, and driven. It needs a leader that can put on a suit and meet with a sponsor’s CEO, and put on boots and walk the pits and speak with the pullers. The NTPA needs a leader that will go to PPL events, brush pulls, Klint’s indoor pulls and everything in-between, just to keep his finger on the pulse of the sport. A leader that isn’t afraid to learn from his competition, and work with them on safety. It needs a leader that has a clear direction and a path to get there, direction with rules, with sponsors, and with the future of the sport. A leader that isn’t power hunger and isn’t money hungry. A leader that puts the long-term health of the sport first. I honestly think this sport is starved for a strong leader with a clear direction. The NTPA needs a true leader if it wants to be the true leader in this sport.

Most likely Gregg Randall will continue to run the NTPA and Larry will run WPI and business will go on as usual. Infact, Gregg and Larry are probably already running 99.9% of the functions of both organizations. They both do a great job, but I know they are both capable of much, much more, and when Dave step’s down they may both be asked for much, much more.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Re: Future Pres. of NTPA/WPI... Larry... Gregg... or... March 23, 2011 04:12PM
Sounds more like a Gardner Stone type of person Jake.
I think if Larry didn't have his non serious side, he would die of ulcers.
Gregg has had to make some unpopular calls, and has stood by them. I think he is up to the task.
I've seen Ken at many other pulling venues besides NTPA, as well as other motorsports events. I think he is always looking for ideas to help promoters, even if he isn't a regional director anymore, he is always thinking and looking for ideas like he is.

Re: Future Pres. of NTPA/WPI... Larry... Gregg... or... March 24, 2011 04:09AM
I believe Larry is not going to gain many followers due to his multiple personalities. He does a good job on the track and thats it!

Re: Rick Austin going to being the new Pres. of NTPA/WPI March 24, 2011 05:09AM
I did! JW

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009