Stroking the engine???? March 20, 2011 06:45AM
Ok, so making a big bore engine is pretty straight-forward: punch the holes bigger, put bigger pistons in. But what about stroking??? Let me say that I really just don't know how it's done and would like to, so I am gonna ask. First, let's eliminate the options of a longer stroke crank that is factory available or custom, I can figure out how that works. But if you want to stroke a crank, what do you do? Do you just ofset grind where the connecting rods mount? Or do you cut and weld each spot to make a longer throw? Or something completely different? Thanks, I hope to learn something new. Smiling

Re: Stroking the engine???? March 20, 2011 12:33PM
You can offset grind the rod journals to get a small stroke increase, but to get big, you will weld up the journals then offset grind to get the desired stroke.

Re: Stroking the engine???? March 20, 2011 04:19PM
also the wrist pin must be moved up in the piston,shorter comp height,or the rod shortened.both must be altered half of the increase in stroke.ex;stroke now is 5" cto c of rod 10" pin ht 5"/half of stroke is2.5+10"rod+5"ph=17.5 deck ht---new stroke 10" so rod is shortened 2.5"(half of stroke)to 7.5" and pin ht of 5"/half of stroke is 5"+7.5"rod+5"ph+17.5 deck ht---or new stroke of 10" same rod at 10" and pin ht of 2.5"/half stroke is 5"+10" rod +2.5 pin ht+17.5 deck ht---

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009