wimer a pumps @Keystone March 26, 2011 04:15PM
Heard quite a few people talking that they may outlaw the pumps because of the plates on top and bottom of body of the pump helping to add room for bigger barrels and larger camshaft work to be done should this be allowed to be modified?

Re: wimer a pumps @Keystone March 26, 2011 09:48PM
So it's a typical Bosch type pump with a few support plates thrown in? now let,s ban em because I didn't think of it first! with attitude like that, we would still be walking behind horses..

Re: wimer a pumps @Keystone March 27, 2011 02:18AM
Suppose to be stock appearing. So whose pumps were in the finals for Mod Turbo ? CDS, Scheid, Wimer,Hart or Forrestor sorry if I missed anyone. I think the pump to have is a Scheid but here talk about Forrestors building a pump also. You would think they run their own pumps right ? Not sure what Z tractors or Williams run but they must have something good on.

Re: wimer a pumps @Keystone March 27, 2011 12:20PM
Is it all a big secret or is everyone still sleeping from the weekend.

Re: wimer a pumps @Keystone March 27, 2011 12:36PM
why do you think the Wimer A pumps are $7,000.00?

Re: wimer a pumps @Keystone March 27, 2011 01:26PM
Who said anything about $7000? Was any of Wimers pumps at the pull this weekend?

Re: wimer a pumps @Keystone March 27, 2011 01:53PM
yes there was quite a few wimer pumps there

Re: wimer a pumps @Keystone March 27, 2011 02:09PM
In the mod turbo/lim pro class?

Re: wimer a pumps @Keystone March 28, 2011 06:44AM
I guess nobody wants you to know. I only know of one there for sure in the mod turbo class, that was larry Farringer. Don't know about any others.

Re: wimer a pumps @Keystone March 28, 2011 01:22PM
Stock appearing means just that. Why or how tech officials cant read the rules at hand is why tractor pulling is what it is today.

Re: wimer a pumps @Keystone March 28, 2011 01:38PM
Why does having a girdle on a pump make it illegal?
If that's the case a girdle on a motor would be illegal also.

Re: wimer a pumps @Keystone March 29, 2011 08:39AM
The difference is, it is in the rules to allow the use of an engine block girdle, not for a pump.

Re: wimer a pumps @Keystone March 30, 2011 12:51PM
Anyone have a pic of the pump?

Re: wimer a pumps @Keystone March 31, 2011 03:59AM
I talked to Jim at Wimer's about the girdle. Said they don't usually sell the pump with a girdle, had one custumer that really felt he wanted plates on the bottom and top of pump so he could mount it secure to his block, rather than just the 4 bolts on the timing cover, so they made plates that clamped the pump. If your really still wondering more than that I would just call and talk to them yourself. Sounds like a non issue to me.

Re: wimer a pumps @Keystone March 31, 2011 05:20AM
I have a lot of bad things to say about many people that sell tractor pulling parts. I have gotten a few things from Wimer. I belive he is one of the most honest sellers of pulling parts.

Re: wimer a pumps @Keystone March 31, 2011 12:07PM
I'll agree with you. I never bought anything from them, but talked to Jim the other day and he treated me over the phone as if I have spent thousands of dollors with them.

Re: wimer a pumps @Keystone March 31, 2011 02:18PM
I have had jim do some work and him and his brother ken are really nice people , they do a good job

Re: wimer a pumps @Keystone April 01, 2011 12:07AM
Jim is not Ken's brother.

Re: wimer a pumps @Keystone April 01, 2011 02:12PM
we are from iowa and they do our work for us.they treat us great.the turn around is good for being so far way.we run a p pump though.they are great people.

Re: wimer a pumps @Keystone April 03, 2011 07:26AM
Where is this shop located at?

Re: wimer a pumps @Keystone April 03, 2011 10:43AM
northwestern pa.

Re: wimer a pumps @Keystone April 03, 2011 12:40PM
i hope wimers are good they have had a pump of mine fr 3 months now still waiting

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,771, Posts: 229,938, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009