badgerland sanity rules March 29, 2011 04:19PM
got a couple questions for this group
a minneapolis moline g with a good set of heads is over 200psi compression from the factory, so does that make it illegal?
and why is an oliver 88 good enough to get into the 4500lb class,but a mh44, farmall m are not?
why don't you just bring the dyno along if you want to see who has all the power?
and who in there right mind is going to put up $250 to tear down a motor for a $50 first place and trophy?
what events do you have confirmed for these rules?
and the 10ft rule, that is a joke. any one that has pulled before know that sometimes you can get a great hook and put some distance on everyone. that is the name of the game.

Re: badgerland sanity rules March 30, 2011 12:51AM
$50 first prize for antiques? Where is this high-dollar organization? I've heard of antiques pulling for ribbons around here...

Re: badgerland sanity rules March 30, 2011 04:33PM
www.churningdirt.com/attachments/2/SKMBT_C35110319084600.pdf
here is the link in case some people cant find it.
couple more questions for the antique stuff
so if an antique diesel wants to pull and he has over 200psi compression is that illegal also?
i noticed that the class rules are for the years 2011,2012,2013. do you think it is going to take that may years of these rules and declining numbers of tractors before your group figures it out? ( more rules=less tractors)
and as far as assigning what classes your tractor can pull in, who is going to drag a mm g around for 1 hook?
do you have a list of events, i would like to know what ones these rules are in effect for????
i attended readstown,rc,ithaca,muscoda and there was not a single dominating tractor, the winning was pretty well split up. so i am alittle confused where all the rules came from. if you are going to use a set of rules why not use the national antique rules? i don't think your group has put alot of time into these, so there is still time to scrap them and start over.

Re: badgerland sanity rules March 31, 2011 02:23AM
It has been my experience in the last 20 or so years in the garden tractor side, that rules usually have one of two origins. 1. They are created after a major mishap where safety was compromised. 2. They are created to disallow someone who thought outside the box and came up with a good idea that nobody else wanted to replicate.

It's been my response that when I experience the second rule origin, I usually just move on to another organization. As is said, "you can't fix stupid."

Re: badgerland sanity rules March 31, 2011 09:14AM
where did you see these morfidite rules at, i would like to see their rules

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/31/2011 09:43AM by Mark.

Re: badgerland sanity rules March 31, 2011 02:52PM
www.churningdirt.com/attachments/2/SKMBT_C35110319084600.pdf

cut and paste the link this is where the rules can be found

on a side note durst is still a tool!

Re: badgerland sanity rules April 01, 2011 05:23AM
Arthur: You are correct about the hatching of rules eggs. Some smell really bad when you crack them open. It's also called: IF YOU CAN'T BEAT 'EM; HATCH A RULE AND BAN 'EM. Birds of a feather flock together. So; translated into a Chinese proverb; pinheads will flock together with other pinheads, lay a RULE EGG, and between all of them, they will hatch it, as opposed to meeting the challenge and figure out a way to UP their game. It's a LOT easier to drag someone DOWN to their level as opposed to RAISING themselves to a more competitive level. THEN they label it IN THE INTEREST OF SAFETY, or TO KEEP THE COST OF PULLING DOWN. LOL, cheap tractor pulling. CHEAP TRACTOR PULLING went up in smoke during the BIG BANG. If you want CHEAP TRACTOR PULLING, go to Tractor Supply, buy a couple of Ertl tractors, go out to your kids sand box, hook them drawbar to drawbar, and pull them. THERE'S cheap tractor pulling. THEN, you can make up ALL THE RULES you want so as to keep EVERYTHING EXACTLY PERFECT AND THE SAME. THEN, if one tractor consistantly is DOMINANT, THEN, throw it out of the sandbox and ban it for 10 years and 10 days.

Re: badgerland sanity rules April 01, 2011 07:33AM
tried to get on rules no luck any advice

Re: badgerland sanity rules April 01, 2011 09:21AM
this is a southwest wisconsin group its not only antique we have farm classes and open farm i know that moline too when you can idal down and beat everyone in that class by 100 feet that not antique the rules made for fairness for antique and farm classes 200 compression rule is fair it not the durst rules etheir its not because of the ac tractors that we pull and also there a 3.5 mph pace in antique to keep thing even

Re: badgerland sanity rules April 01, 2011 09:25AM
rules are on highbredrekneck.com or churning dirt thease rules apply to muscoda rc reedstown vila and lafarge and ithaca avoca tentative for mem. weekend

Re: badgerland sanity rules April 01, 2011 10:12AM
[www.facebook.com]

Let Jason know this isnt going to help attendance by the looks of it it is going to be an orange summer

Durst is a tool lets get him out of power and get back to some good pulling!

Re: badgerland sanity rules April 01, 2011 10:16AM
avocasmokeywdalliss

is there a place to find out the dates on these pulls do they have a website?

Re: badgerland sanity rules April 01, 2011 11:06AM
and so it starts...

well, since there is a large number of G's around the area pulling in antique, maybe they will add a 6500 lb class if they want to pull twice. I think there should be one anyways for 560s and other tractors that are heavier.

most of the tractors that pull in the area have no problem fitting in to these rules, so there is really no issue. unless me/me again doesn't.. but I don't see a problem. just trying to keep the stroker tractors out of the antique classes. altho the open classes completely kicked our 460 out, so I wouldn't call it much of an open. so do you even have a tractor to pull in any of these classes me/me again?

Re: badgerland sanity rules April 01, 2011 11:09AM
and for the record. I'm not a fan of so many rules. I'd rather just see a tire/year/safety/and mph limits. no first gear only, no rpm's. 3 or 3.5 mph pace board in the antiques and let em run.

Re: badgerland sanity rules April 01, 2011 03:31PM
RUH, i did pull at rc,reedstown,itacha with no problems. but now with ALL the rules i will not attend ANY of these pulls. yes keep it simple, yr,mph,tire size, check rpms. look at rc and reedstown simple rules and they had 30+ tractors in a couple antique classes. i guess i will just stay out of "Badgerland Good Ol' Boy Moline Hater Sanity Land" good luck

Re: explain this one !!!!??? April 01, 2011 04:21PM
looking at the rated rpm's that you are able to run, the AC wd-45 has a huge advantage, it is rated at 1400rpm but it can run 2195rpm!! that is 50% over stock!! maybe i missed something??

Re: explain this one !!!!??? April 01, 2011 06:17PM
my wd is plain the stock rpm is 1695 rpm i can get out of mine wd is 1800 the max im not running a d 17 motor muscoda pull is may 15 at 10 am richland center may 14 5pm i like all color im not a hater of the moline

Re: explain this one !!!!??? April 02, 2011 12:48AM
that still doesn't answer my question. or any of the other questions i had. your rules seem to favor some more than others. i really hope that some of your sponors and promoters are reading all of this and know what they are getting into with this group. also what does badgerland sanity pullers get paid to bring this fine set of rules to a pull??? do you book the sled,get insurance,advertise??? and what do you do with the $250 that some puts up for a motor tear down? not sure why the club gets any of the money. are you dictating the payback also? the points system looks more like the payback rate, 1st-$15,2nd-$12,3rd-$10......$0. the rest goes into the clubs pocket.

Nice April 02, 2011 12:53AM
This was the nice message I got from a Tracy Martin(Jerry Myers)

Hi there. I saw your post on the Churnin dirt website and on pulloff.. I think you are confused... Churnin dirt is still having their show. We (as badgerland sanity pullers) are just adding our rules and classes for our own show. You should REALLY?? read the rules a little better. We are not changing Churnin dirt, we are just adding to it. Lately the rules around here or lack there of have gotten out of hand. We put these rules in place for safety and fairness. We are not tryin to eliminate anyone. If you pulled at Churnin Dirt before... you still can. your same class will still be there. You should really know all the facts before you start running your mouth about our local pulls that 95% of them you don't even attend. It is pretty sad that all the people that are running this club down can't even post thier real name. Own up to your opinon! Don't knock something before you try it! We have a good group of people that follow our local pulls and we thought we needed some better rules and a point system. Get a Clue!

it is people like this that are the reason that I dont go to more of there pulls.

These rules are so one sided it isnt funny what was the issue with using the rules from last year the turnouts were huge and your quote about adding to the rules is crazy you went in the wrong direction some are so crazy no one has ever heard of them before I would agree with you that the rules have been lacking in a few areas but to run a club you need a few thing people and safety to continue from what I read there was no real work on safety tip bars have saved a bunch of people in the history of pulling but yet they are not mandatory you require people to have a minium class to run in. I went out spent the time and purchased corectly I got a 39 M it didnt come with a PTO it didnt have a hydro Pump and I can Make 4500lbs no problem with cast centers and 300lbs added but because of your stupid rules I cant pull it there I have to add 500 more why cant I run 4500lbs? in your quote you said that people cant even post there names and then go on to question my being and real world facts. what about you and yours? where are the tool Durst supporters even the people that are dealing with the rules still think they suck we have fould a group of people that dont agree where are the supporters why arent they voicing there opion?

comment from Jason Schultz April 02, 2011 01:20AM
Jason Schultz

Mike, thanks for attending Churning Dirt. The Saturday day session was put together to allow pullers at all levels a chance to pull at Churning Dirt that can't pull Fri and Sat night. If it doesn't work out, then we will do something different next year. I like the idea of someone organizing these classes and I have made a one year commitment to his new club to allow farm, open farm and antique tractors to pull at our events in 2011.

Good luck I hope the best for you and all of the people that will be running these rules, but for me and what seems like alot of others we will be back in 2012. you had a great thing going and the new club is a good thing but they need to be more open to what is and has been run in the area it has been working for the last 25+ years.

Swcond comment from Jason Schultz April 02, 2011 01:31AM
Jason Schultz

I am adding some open classes for pullers that don't fit the Badgerland rules, let me know where you are at, you and I both know we can't have a hundred classes, but we are looking at a couple exceptions.

There are were 3 or 4 classes you ran last year. I belive they were 4500, 5000, 6000 or something close to that run thoes on a tire/year/safety/and mph limits. no first gear only, no rpm's. 3 or 3.5 mph pace board these were great classes and let the tractors pull in more than one class most guys like to pull in 2 or 3 and with the price of fuel give the people something most pulls have. besides your goal is to pull in as much attendance for your club I belive that the 4500lbs class on a muddy rainy day still have almost 45 tractors in it. and thanks agian for listening you are a huge reason that peope look foward to coming to RC and churning dirt

Re:Badger rules? April 02, 2011 01:47AM
Sorry but I still have not found the rules on your site, I would like to see them, heard there are some goofy rules. A cubic inch limit on the NA farm 1/2 the 4020s will be illegal. farm stock 466ciruns3000,bigger can only run 2500,so can 360or 354 run 3500. I found your rules what rpm does a 101mh or 44-6 run,isnt a 6080 allis bigger than 267ci,where does a 1468-1568 or 2775-2805,or oliver/white pull,i beleive 2-150 is 585ci,v8s are560 or 636 cats. If a IH says 467 or 468 on block does it run 2500, in hot farm what about 6030s or there is a magnum open station east of madison came with p pump. I think you better reveiw rules or be ready to negoiate when some of these show up!

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 04/02/2011 02:37AM by Mark.

Badgerland Sanity Rules April 02, 2011 02:44AM
Badgerland Sanity Rules

Re: Badgerland Sanity Rules April 02, 2011 03:14AM
Thank you I hope your pull isnt the first one of year, could be alot of bitching

Re: Badgerland Sanity Rules April 02, 2011 03:48AM
Were is A guy with A good running JD 4010 NA to pull

Re: Badgerland Sanity Rules April 02, 2011 04:08AM
south of hwy 18 if Badger insanity dont want you

Re: badgerland sanity rules April 02, 2011 07:32AM
Well seems to me people like to nit pick on things they don't know anything about! Like the person that calls themself "me", I am going to refer to him as "average Joe" or "Joe" for short. If "Joe" has a problem with the rules he needs to contact the board of directors and take it up with them, instead of being on here and complaining! Maybe "he" is looking for his "own special class" to pull in. That "he is in charge of" so "he can win"! And for the other people that say a 2-155 don't fit in a class has anyone else besides myself never seen one of these pull? Do we need to make rules for ghost tractors? We don't need rules for tactors people never bring... And for people that say "they have a good running tractor that wins alot" you might as well just come out and say you are cheating!

Re: badgerland sanity rules April 02, 2011 09:49AM
I would agree but instead of adding foolish rules like #8 under the general rules "Officials have the right to prohibit a tractor for Fairness?" since when has fairness played into anything the fair is where you take the pigs and chickens and go watch the tractors not the other way arround! it is almost like the rules that are for Antique rules seem to be more of a field fresh or farm class or there needs to be a hot Antique class you go from stock stock 57 and older farm tractors to an open farm with a turbo or 3000 rpm's there is too big of a gap there that is were there are a bunch of tractors at why can this club not add a few classes 4000,5000,6000 to fill that gap and use the simple rules Ruh spoke of in an earlier post.

Where are the said rule makers at? everyone who pulls hits this website and I am sure with all the dislike they have to be paying attention to this post. just like the people who can not add there name the people who make the rules cant stand up on this website and state why the rules are the way that they are and why there is a need for some of these rules. The pullers are all here where is Durst let him get out here and explain

Re: badgerland sanity rules April 02, 2011 09:50AM
"me" even if you can 4500... in my experience, in low gear, M's have NO advantage running that light. even at 5000... I personally like running 5500 and 6000. I also don't like RPM rules, but, thats just me. if there is a speed board, then there is nothing to complain about.

Re: badgerland sanity rules April 02, 2011 10:15AM
I also agree on the rpm rules. whatever the speed limit is and the board is available...whould be no difference what rpm or gear you use..3.5 mph is 3.5 mph. Horsepower will vary on every tractor from stock, cause none are stock anymore. I just want to pull more than 1 time when driving 60 miles one way for the pull.

Re: badgerland sanity rules April 02, 2011 01:34PM

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2011 05:59AM by Allis Fields.

Re: badgerland sanity rules April 02, 2011 02:40PM
To whom this may concern..... There has been alot of bad things said about Badgerland Sanity pullers. Everyone is titled to their own opinion. If you have questions or concerns about any of the rules the best thing to do is to call a board member of the club. Over the years the pulls in our local area have gotten a little out of hand. It had been brought up several times by different people that we needed some rules. I will admit that I am for a set of rules and there are a few rules that I don't agree with but thats tractor pullin. We are trying to make classes for everyone to be able to pull and have fun and be safe. Everyone knows that when rules are involved and inforced you can't make everyone happy. We are trying to make it as fair for everyone as we can. We would like to thank Jason Schultz and Churnin Dirt for letting the Badgerland Sanity club pull with them. If you don't fit in the rules for Badgerland check out the Churnin Dirt website, there are other classes you should be able to pull with.. Joe Koch has a light open class and a heavy farm class contact him. South Central also has some lighter classes. The Badgerland Sanity club is a club that is pulling for points.. If you don't want to pull for points that is fine, you can still pull in the class for payback. These rules are not just for the Churnin Dirt pull. We currently have 9 pulls on the schedule and we invite everyone to pull. Everyone should remember why we pull.... It is not for the huge payback we get or the trophey that just collects dust, WE PULL FOR FUN! If we can make the majority of the pullers happy we have a successful group. We know we will never make everyone happy. Please contact any of the Executive Board or Board of Director members with any questions or concerns about the Badgerland Sanity pullers rules. I am a board member, you can contact me Jerry Myers 608-872-2123 or Keith Durst (309)826-4896

Jerry Myers come on down I have your soap box ready! April 02, 2011 03:20PM
What happened Jerry you seem to have changed your tune since this morning when you bashing me in private (under your mom's screen name might I add!)

(Hi there. I saw your post on the Churnin dirt website and on pulloff.. I think you are confused... Churnin dirt is still having their show. We (as badgerland sanity pullers) are just adding our rules and classes for our own show. You should REALLY?? read the rules a little better. We are not changing Churnin dirt, we are just adding to it. Lately the rules around here or lack there of have gotten out of hand. We put these rules in place for safety and fairness. We are not tryin to eliminate anyone. If you pulled at Churnin Dirt before... you still can. your same class will still be there. You should really know all the facts before you start running your mouth about our local pulls that 95% of them you don't even attend. It is pretty sad that all the people that are running this club down can't even post thier real name. Own up to your opinon! Don't knock something before you try it! We have a good group of people that follow our local pulls and we thought we needed some better rules and a point system. Get a Clue!)

What is you and the Durst's issue your great club with all of it's followers arent here or on YTMag supporting as a matter of fact there has yet to be one person on either website that was all for your New Rules.

Jason Schultz and Churning Dirt are a great event and a great promoter maybe after you have been at it for a while you will pick up a thing or two from him.

Here is the Main issue with calling and chating with you and your boy there is no doccumentation on what is disscused I have a bad feeling what you say on the phone wont be supported at the pull.

As a prompter and supporter of your club you should be answering the questions that have been asked not defending what people think that is one of the reasons that this website is arround is to get the word out to people. here is your soap box get up there and let the people know why the rules are the way that they are.

in unrelated news has anyone else noticed that the initals of the club are BS?

Re: Jerry Myers come on down I have your soap box ready! April 03, 2011 03:23AM
Dont want to start any fights,just want someone to answer how some of these rules were thought up. All these different rpms for different tractors in antique and only certain models in certain classes. Why not set your rpms at acertain rpm the same for all makes, not to high all these antiques are 50t years old and not that safe,tire limit ,speed,(not agear),I was at Colbergs open house last night and talk to some ILL pullers who had thought about coming up to pull at RC but said if rules are that screwed up they wont, they didnt understand some of them either, And what about the 8500-9500 NA cubic limit? Example 986,3688 and I believe 966 are 436ci,the 966 may not be for sure but 414 is 1066 who is going to take their turbo off to pull what about the MMs,MF v8s and the oliver that pull in sw wisc all have bigger cubes stock and cant pull. and for the person who commented on waiting to see a 2-150 to pull, maybe there isnt one of them now pulling but there is MF 2775 and 2805s and I seen a 2255 inRC before in your area pulling ,640ci are stock.on these

Re: Jerry Myers come on down I have your soap box ready! April 03, 2011 08:02AM
Ok Mark all im saying is dont make rules for tractors we havent seen make the rules for the ones that are out here pullin and if one shows up then address the issues.

2-150 April 04, 2011 03:48PM
Mark-
there is a 2-150 pulling that will be closer to home than realized soon enough. I ran into him last year and he and his brother have attended our events in the past. so once again another color turned away.

Mueller

Re: badgerland sanity rules April 03, 2011 03:36AM
rpm chart for allis charmers wd is 1720 and 45 1800 10 percent i do thick 2100 rpm is way to much it should be at 1900 rpm that 20 percent uatp

Re: badgerland sanity rules April 03, 2011 08:13AM
sounds like they are going to have a meeting soon maybe enough guys can show up and bring their concerns in a decent order and talk some things out? Looks like on here that you may have enough interest on here guys to have an 8500 - 9500 open class. Not to be a rule basher but maybe simplify them for the first year and see what works. just my two cents.

Re: badgerland sanity rules April 03, 2011 09:44AM
when and where will the meeting be???

Re: badgerland sanity rules April 03, 2011 02:20PM
I had heard in couple weeks at readstown. I will post on here if I find out the exact times.

Re: badgerland sanity rules April 03, 2011 04:58PM
BeerConfused

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2011 10:08PM by fordpuller.

Re: badgerland sanity rules April 04, 2011 12:57AM
I think most of the people on here are AngryHotAngry!! They all just need to sit back and Smoking! I am with you ford pullerConfused!

Re: badgerland sanity rules April 04, 2011 08:54AM
i agree there im looking 14 9 28 for the wd do you thick it will hanle them i pull on blacktop they field and road they are two inches taller

Re: badgerland sanity rules April 04, 2011 08:58AM
Eye Popping You think the ol girl has enough power for the bigger tires???? SpinningDrinking

Re: badgerland sanity rules April 04, 2011 09:26AM
why do you what rules so different than everyone else? Try to get them the same or close.

Re: badgerland sanity rules April 04, 2011 03:04PM
That would be a great idea. but good luck with that in this sport

Re: badgerland sanity rules April 04, 2011 04:09PM
I personally agree with the previous post. We try to make classes close to others so everyone can enjoy the sport and we can keep color in the classes.

how badgerland sanity rules affect me is that i fit all of your requirements except apparently i need to buy another set of tires and cast so i can contribute to your pulls. I have pulled with you all in the past at many different venues and never had a problem, but now seeing how i am equipped with presses steel i cannot attend. I will not hide who i am; I am the only guy crazy enough to pull with a wide front and a big seat on my 4020. I must keep my wide front for cutting hay purposes but the pressed steel has been the biggest advantage for the hay harvest. we haven't removed the pressed steel for 3 years since it allows us to cut in soft fields without damaging the field. You are worried about the weight advantage of pressed steel but how many of your tractors were originally equipped with wide fronts?

Just hope Jason will allow us in RC in the fall since we had a blast last year.

Good luck to you this year,

Brian Mueller

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,961, Members: 3,339.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,044.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009