northeast Ohio pro-farm April 07, 2011 03:38AM
Please tell me this isn't true. Although the class hasn't yet hooked once, there's already disturbing rumors
being floated, that some guy/guys have built tractors with tube frames / front ends, in clear violation of agreed
upon rules, & even worse have been given a green light to "just show up & we'll let you in" by one of the
"cofederation" of pulls that signed on to this experimental class. I think Mr. Martig & the reps from the other pulls
need to come on here now & each commit to stand hard & fast by the rules before the season even starts.

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 07, 2011 04:51AM
WOW! Is there any clubs out there that actully stand behind the rules? Im really starting to wonder. Good luck with your club.

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 07, 2011 06:36AM
If they would of enforced the rules last year they wouldn't of needed to even start a new class. I pulled against some tractors that didn't follow the rpm rules. In turn that caused a safety concern which made them start a new class. If their not going to enforce the rules they might as well go back to last years. Last year a lot of the pulls had 20-25 tractors in a class how many is their going to be this year I bet not that many.

wouldn't it be cool April 07, 2011 09:22AM
wouldn't it be cool if we put tractor in shop removed 16 bolts, rolled the tube frame out ,put the factoryframe and front end back on the tractor,change a wheel and a houseing, and be able to run open rpm class and also run a limtied rpm class as i chose and conform to both sets of rules?

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 18, 2011 09:57AM
What do you want pullers who are pulling to build frames out of that are cast tub frames

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 07, 2011 10:02AM
who are the guy/guys that you are alleging have tube frames...be a man and list your name..

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 07, 2011 10:15AM
I got a tube frame. An can conform to open rpms.I got factory frame rail too.an can run. Limited rpms. An as yet never hook ther. But looks like being dafersafied could be fun to pull open. With a little time roll around an be in a pro farm. Depending Wher I want to pull, mud be me. Im fight here.I can stand here an say I can pull

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 07, 2011 10:41AM
that's right i agree with michael page,,, tell your real name,,,,if you have something to complain about don't hide,,, stand up and say who you really are

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 07, 2011 11:09AM
thanks deeredaughter...the rules for this class are in black and white...if you need a copy call me 440 759 3433...mr martig and the others are only trying to do what there insurance has asked them to do...make things safe...if we all want to continue pulling this is what needs to happen..saftey...people like to come and watch us put on a show and see black smoke...nothing against true farm stock pullers but you dont see it from them @ 5mph down the track...so rules are rules read them obey them and lets have fun pulling...

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 07, 2011 11:24AM
who cares if it has a tube frame or stock frame as long as it meets the rpm, turbo, tire, cubic inch rules, & safety rules its not a farm tractor anyways just make the frame & axle to ntpa specs & have fun.

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 07, 2011 01:34PM
Last i knew a frame didn't make ponies!!!!!!

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 07, 2011 02:43PM
what counties are these pulls in ,may be interested how far from columbus

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 08, 2011 03:40AM
Pretty close to 3 hours shoot for youngstown that will get you in neighborhood. Whats the difference wether it's a tube frame or a aluminium frame rail? More important things to police I think.

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 08, 2011 04:05AM
Well it only matters if it's in the rules. If you start ignoring rules to help one guy, then the next guy has a pretty
good argument to ignore another rule that benefits him. If it was thought important enough to put it in the rules,then
it must be enforced. If puller A is having to figure out a way to lose weight & ballance his tractor & does so at
considerable time & expence within the written rules, how is it fair to let puller B go out & pick up somebody's
old discarded pro-stock tube on the cheap & go that route, knowing it's illegal when he did it. If it's not in the
rules, then it's a non issue. But this selective enforcement of rules is killing pulling all around the country.

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 08, 2011 05:12AM
WIN IF YOU CAN ,LOSE IF YOU MUST, BUT ALWAYS CHEAT!!!

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 08, 2011 05:21AM
So are some saying that chassis design is irrelavent ? Wonder why so many state & national pullers spend so much money on them??

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 08, 2011 09:11AM
The reason for a chassis change is for weight distribution 1 it looks nice 2 & it sets you up to go to a higher level of pulling in the future plus if a guy builds a 6030 the wheel base is way longer than say a 4430 or 1066 but does not change the fact that you still need horse power & the frame doesn't make that. Again they are not farm tractors.

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 08, 2011 11:14AM
But IF the rules specificly state something,(stock frame/front end for example) how do pulls go about deciding
which rules to ignore ? Are they drawn from a hat ? Each contestant gets to pick 1 rule they don't like ? Only
enforced if horsepower related ? Show of hands from the crowd? I think the original question was if the rules
were going to be enforced or ignored, not opinions of any specific rule.

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 09, 2011 01:19AM
A rule is a rule yes & it is stated factory frames so thats what you have to go with but its not a good rule as there are alot of 3000 rpm tractors out there that might have custom frames that would pull but cant because of 1 rule that is kind of silly & the crowd doesnt want to see turned up farm tractors they want to see raceing tractors.

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 15, 2011 01:25AM
this class will be a joke so who cares
if there's 5 tractors they'll be lucky

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 15, 2011 06:00AM
Here is the deal, This class was created for the pullers! Not an organization to try and reinvent the wheel. The Insurance companies told us we had to do these things or they would shut us down. Lets face it, less than 10% of you guys running in the factory field (farm stock) class were anywhere near legal. The group of organizations that are putting this class together DO NOT have all the answers nor do they claim to. That is why they had multiple meetings to get imput on how to set this class up. But it's obvious that the hand full of pullers who are bitching are the ones who were cheating and gonna get someone killed. I have yet to hear a puller bitch about buying a bigger turbo or spending stupid money on an injection pump but as soon as you guys have to spend $25 on something that will not make more horsepower you want to bitch about it! The alternative is you are not farm stock so shell out $60,000 and build a super farm. This class is going to take a learning curve and everyone involved is going to make there best effort to keep everyone on the same page and follow the rules. If there is a problem then see one of the local organizations involved and they will clarify/resolve the situation. This whole class isn't about reinventing the wheel its to give THE PULLERS an alternative to spending big money to build a super farm or Lim. pro. PERIOD.

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 15, 2011 08:44AM
very well said.....

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 18, 2011 01:47AM
Well, What happened to all the comments?

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 18, 2011 02:41AM
Farming Fool: I think you misunderstand the original intent of my post. 1st off your estimate of 90% of
the tractors being illegal is very kind. The 4040 the 2 girls pull at East Rochester is the only one I can think
of. You are correct that it was just a matter of time until something bad happened. No complaints here on
requiring the safety equipment. To the contrary, I very much hope this class succeeds, for all the reasons
you stated & more. However, just some advice from someone who has been around this game for awhile.
Do not under any circumstances let a few start bending the rules on this "learning curve". The rules are what
they are. They were debated & settled on. Not saying they're perfect, unimprovable or anything else. But
if they need tweaked in the future, then do it properly & put them in writing. If you start letting even
one guy bend them, then the class will indeed be short lived, & I don't think any of us want that.

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 18, 2011 03:58AM
As far as the tube frames, There is only one tractor that should have one and that is because he DOES NOT have a full frame on his tractor and he approached us on what he was supposed to do. The Rules state that each tractor must have ladder bars ties into the frame. So the decision was made to let him build a frame. The fact is he actually has a dis-advantage because he has to add additional weight to his tractor just so that he meets the rules. Which in turn will give him less movable weight.

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 19, 2011 04:00AM
True certain tractors such as some Case & Massey Ferguson's came stock with no extrnal frame rails,
using a heavy cast oil pan & structural block instead. Nothing I know of limits how far forward the ladder bars
can attatch as long as it's in front of the flywheel. As long as the block & pan are there this would not
be a variance of the rules as I read them.

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 26, 2011 03:11AM
what no comment

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 26, 2011 05:10AM
Well, what's left to say ? It's established (at least on paper). Supposedly some tractors ready to run in it.
Time will tell. As far as not listening. Apparently the insurance company must have had someone at some of these
events & saw these tractors with no safety stuff at all barrelling down the track in 7th or 8th gear with people
standing right along the track. Insurance companies could care less what anyone has to say. It seems to me
that the old hot farm class, which incidentally the tractors all had the safety equipment, died out because the Ohio
pulls quit scheduling it. So everybody in it went to other classes or parked them. Want names ? Hinkle, Stryfeller,
Kenreigh, Kemp, Sanor, Rice, Pontomous, Kolonowski, Hawk, probably a couple I overlooked. That's the trouble with
these local classes. They come , they go. At least Super Farm & Div. 5 have an established class with a wider
base. Things got out of hand with the old so called farm class because rules were continually bent & ignored over
the years & it took an insurance company to come in & say enough. Some guys apparently rolled the dice & put
money into building tractors to run this new class. If the rules are tightly enforced & not changed yearly to suit one
or 2 guys who'd rather rewrite the rules than move up to the next level, then it might survive. Personally , I would
have thought it would have had a better chance of survival if the old hot farm rules would have been used. That
class still runs in western Pennsylvania, & we'd at least have a few established tractors, plus more places to hook
ourselves. As it is, the performance level should be similar, with no chance to take advantage of more hooks & more #'s
If it ever quits raining & fuel stays under $5 maybe we'll all have a good summer. Maybe.

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 27, 2011 04:33AM
I am largely in agreement with the last comments about them missing the boat on the rules. They missed a prime opportunity to make them similar to the Western PA Hot Farm rules. It has now cut off all Western Pa Hot Farm tractors from pulling there, and the same with Ohio tractors pulling in PA. They have successfully split a pool of tractors. Maybe a meeting between the two clubs organizers should have been scheduled and everyone around here would have benefited. Hopefully there will be some room to adjust and come toghether in the future.

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 28, 2011 03:34AM
The boat was likely missed intenionally by a couple guys figuring they could be an even bigger fish if the
pond were the size of a mud hole. What they don't realize is that small mud holes dry up very quickly. If
one or two of these new tractors break,or have teething problems,very likely with new equipment in a new
class, then what? Maybe these pulls will keep scheduling it, maybe not. All the pulls really cared about was
getting the safety equipment on, & the guys running the old class in Pa. have had it on for years. Nobody's
even talking about the "true field stock" class. Is it going to 3m.ph., 5m.p.h ? or what. It might get good numbers
and give the local farmers a chance to play, but when they tried an 8m.p.h. limit a few years ago everybody
complained, including the guys it helped. I expect to see yet another diesel pickup class added just to keep
the entry fees up. It would be very expensive to merge the new class and the western Pa. class now. P
pumps and A pumps. 3000 r.p.m vs. open r.p.m. 540 vs. 640 limit. Unfortunately the boat has sailed on that
possibility.

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 20, 2011 10:38PM
you had meetings and you talked to other pullers in the area but didn't listen to a word they said.
you wouldn't have to jump to a super farm. there's a class called divson 5 classic super stock .witch is pretty close to the new class.
just want we need class to go no where just like the last hot farm class. if you think you can build a super farm for $60.000 your nuts it takes alot more money than that.

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 28, 2011 06:21AM
Your right it will take alot more than 60,000 to build a competative superfarm. But if you can already build a Div 5 then why haven't you already built one? And if the rules to the old hot farm class were so great how come there isnt 15 tractors in that class? The guys ( not all but most) that jumped from hot farm to super farm made the jump because they had enough invested in the tractor to run with the superfarm guys. And lets face it that gave them a ton of hooks. So we are back to square one. As was stated before there were multiple meetings on this new class and imput was looked for from all interested parties. However a class cannot be built aroud 3 existing tractors who are looking for hooks. If those tractors were built for such a popular class then they would not be looking for hooks. As for the Division 5 guys it was not that many years ago that they let them guys jump to inline pumps. as with the new class this stuff takes time and as any new product on a tractor of a new pulling class there are going to be bugs to work out of the system. If this class is a flop then the involved organizations will go back to the drawing board and try something else.

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 28, 2011 01:46PM
Also too the guys that have said time and time again that Division 5 is the class these tractor should be getting in. They are to new and to heavy(JD4440,IH 1066&ect.) to pull in that class. Also there is obviously a reason none of the tractors in question didn't jump into the Pa hot farm class the last couple of years. NWPAPULLERS HOT FARM rules are without a doubt not perfect as is the case with alot of other orginizations across the country. If they were there would have been more than 3 true hot farm tractors running in that class the last 3 years. They've had to let so called farm stocks run at their hooks just to field a so called class. Everyone criticizes what the OHIO pulls are trying to do when they themselves don't have a clue to what they are talking about. The pullers should be happy that these groups are trying to promote this class because if they continue down the previous road they won't have anywhere to HOOK! Then we'll see how much CRYING & @&#%*ING they do when they don't have anywhere to hook! It's already happening at several fairs because it is alot less headache too run sanction classes with alot less WHINNING!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 29, 2011 12:38AM
building a superfarm

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 29, 2011 01:17AM
good ...the shut up about this class....and enjoy having to buy a new wheel for ur charger a couple times a year to stay at the top..

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 29, 2011 04:06AM
Was any research done comparing the cost of the building for this new class vs. Super Farm vs.
the Pennsyvania hot farm ? You commented that guys moved up from the "old" (crrent Pa.) hot
farm to super farm because of the investment. I really didn't think guys had that much $$ in those
hot farms, but I could be wrong. I'd surely think the upkeep is less. In all honesty I figured the new
class & the old one would be very similar in cost & performance, & just thought it would have been
easier to get things off the ground if the groups could pull together. Not saying that one rule book
is better than the other standing on their own. The economy & fuel prices are probably the biggest
obstacle at this point in time.

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 09, 2011 05:01PM
If your building to NTPA rules wheel base is to be 113" unless its a true JD 4955 it is 114" because that is what it came stock from factory

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 08, 2011 01:11PM
What kind of tube frame we talking about:Component style full frames,or the front half to replace the cast belly on an Oliver.Sometimes safety has to be considered.

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 08, 2011 02:17PM
If the rules say only factory ROPS and a tractor shows up with a cage you gonna throw it out? Same difference isn't it? The tube frame is a ton safer than a piece of 5" structural c-channel that a few manufacturers used. Only advantage point to is would be a little moveable weight. I. Think it should be required for the cast iron tub tractors . JMO

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 09, 2011 12:52AM
What are the rules for the profarm class, might have someone interested in running it. how many pulls got lined up in the youngstown area and how many tractors you expecting. are these the tractors that are too hot for farm stock but don't want to jump to hot farm? thanks

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 09, 2011 01:21AM
Call Michael Page @ 440-759-3433 he will send you a copy of the rules.

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 09, 2011 03:37AM
Wow, minnie-mo-man, I think you were trying to make an intersting point. I think ! Please take a deep breath,
grab a cup of black coffee & try again. Love to see some praire gold out there this year.

BouncingReTougue OutRAIRE GOLD!!! April 09, 2011 04:04AM
WE PLAN TO HAVE OUR PRAIRE GOLD OUT PULLING THIS SUMMER!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/09/2011 04:44AM by deeredaughter.

Re: BouncingReTougue OutRAIRE GOLD!!! April 09, 2011 05:38AM
You mean the G1705 Vista with a hand clutch? I hate to be a smarty-pants here, but I think those models were an industrial yellow, MM called it "Energy Yellow" but it looks kinda like John Deere yellow. However, my MM bears a close resemblance to "National School Bus Yellow". I know it was in the shop the week my Dad painted a bus one time...............

MOLINE PULLER April 09, 2011 07:06AM
Well first off you must have a fake moline then if it looks like school buss yellow. Our tractor is a true minnie, Rumor has it that you are not a real Moline guy. Hear there is red one in you garage. Whats up with that? Maybe you should change your name to guy of many colors.""PINKYS?" We found another g1000 we will be going after soon.

Re: MOLINE PULLER April 09, 2011 07:29AM
Yeah I heard about that one. I was asked for a quote on hauling that one. Maybe I'll add dinner at Pinkys to the rate lol!

MOLINE PULLER April 09, 2011 08:32AM
there is a special paint code comeing for the minnie it will be a closer match then your school bus yellow. LOL The double disc hand clutch that is laying in the shop will probably be pulling in the pro farm class, LOL Pinkys is out of the question,,,

Re: MOLINE PULLER April 16, 2011 10:36AM
Rules are up! Pullin comin!!

Re: MOLINE PULLER April 18, 2011 10:24AM
Where can find the rules

Re: MOLINE PULLER April 18, 2011 12:35PM
Bunkerhillshootout.com

Re: MOLINE PULLER April 19, 2011 01:16PM
Make sure u check the rules daily as they change frequently!!!

Re: MOLINE PULLER April 29, 2011 02:17PM
i have a moline gb with a 800 block it has a factory mag what do i need to do to make it better

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm April 20, 2011 10:30AM
I ran the what used to farm stock last year and will be the first to admit they definatley needed this new class. I wont be runing the new class yet want to see how the numbers are and save some money and also make sure the class isnt going to be run into the ground like the last attempt at a hott farm tractor class

Re: northeast Ohio pro-farm May 02, 2011 01:16PM
It's good to see all have agreed that this class should be new and exciting. Please feel free to ask questions that pertain to making this a better class. The organizations involved would love to hear feedback on how to better this class as a whole. keep in mind this is a cost effective class and we would like to keep it that way.( If there is such a thing) We are only a few weeks away from our first hook and we hope to see all you pullers there. From the feedback we are recieving there should be 8 or 10 tractors in this class right out of the gate. We hope all is going well for those participating in this class. Look forward to seeing you in a few weeks.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,793, Posts: 229,999, Members: 3,341.
This forum: Topics: 37,103, Posts: 226,073.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009