What type of Water Pump to use April 09, 2011 01:52PM
I was wondering what the best type of electric water pump to use on a limited rpm tractor? Currently use a sprayer pump but looking for better option

Re: What type of Water Pump to use April 10, 2011 01:17AM
Assuming your talking about a water injection pump and not a cooling pump, check out www.Baileynet.com. Part #250-613. We've been using one for a few years, puting on 80-90oz in 12 seconds. You just have to mix the cutting oil with your water and make sure you have a good charge in your battery because it can make a big difference on output.

Re: What type of Water Pump to use April 10, 2011 02:12AM
Actually I was in question of the cooling water pump for the engine? Thanks though

Re: What type of Water Pump to use April 10, 2011 03:41AM
Dedenbear WP-3 from Jegs or Summit.

Re: What type of Water Pump to use April 10, 2011 05:22AM
We use the Dedenbear coolant pump too. Not the cheapest option, but it works excellent.

Re: What type of Water Pump to use April 10, 2011 05:24AM
Thank you guys for the input. Greatly appreciated

Re: What type of Water Pump to use April 10, 2011 01:33PM
Which pump were you using??

Re: What type of Water Pump to use April 10, 2011 03:32PM
Were you using an electrical four wheeler sprayer pump? I was wondering if it could handle the high temp water as a circulation pump after shut down... for a cheaper way to go on a smaller tractor

Re: What type of Water Pump to use April 10, 2011 04:37PM
We have used the Shurflow Aqua Tiger pump on lots of Antiques.. had planned to use on a bigger tractor in the future.. It has a bronze impeller and housing.. never had a problem with them..

Re: What type of Water Pump to use April 10, 2011 09:46PM
I second the aquatiger pump, have been using one for years to feed coolant to the back of the motor and circulate after shut down for cool down. has survived boiling coolant many times! moves 17 gal/min

Re: What type of Water Pump to use April 11, 2011 11:20AM
Jim.. Do you think its enough flow to run only the Aqua Tiger pump??

Re: What type of Water Pump to use April 11, 2011 01:13PM
I used a aqua tiger as a stand alone water pump for a few years and had no issues.

Re: What type of Water Pump to use April 11, 2011 02:52PM
If you use as big a hose possible! it would likely do fine! once popped the discharge hose off at the block- pumped all the fluid out in a matter of seconds! If you want more flow-double em up in parallel!

Re: What type of Water Pump to use April 11, 2011 03:42PM
Yea.. I've pushed a hose off before.. it didnt last long... I've been looking at some of the specs they gave us for the current production JD engines, and the GPM is crazy.. but the duty cycle is continues...

Re: What type of Water Pump to use April 11, 2011 11:11AM
Have been using just a 12 volt sprayer pump off of like a atv sprayer. It has worked and held up but looking for a better solution

Re: What type of Water Pump to use April 15, 2011 08:50AM
We used a aux. pump from a school bus. Not all of them have one, but it pumps well and uses 1" heater hose.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,770, Posts: 229,937, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,096, Posts: 226,027.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009