Mini chassis April 13, 2011 01:06PM
Can someone tell me what a rolling mini chassis cost? Looking for one that I can drop my motor and trans in and go, preferably a wysong or TRB. I have local shop trying to sell me one for $17,000, that seems a little high. Am I wrong?

Re: Mini chassis April 13, 2011 03:00PM
Depends on what you feel a rolling chassis is. Have a wysong chassis for sale, F-106 rear housing tractor is priced cheap.

Re: Mini chassis April 14, 2011 02:33AM
$17,000 is WAY high for a roller regardless of what comes with it. There are many good chassis available that you can drop a motor, clutch, gearbox in for $5-7000. Some of the ones with 106's might need a pig but the prices reflect that. You looking to do state, region or GN? It is a little late, but I know where there are two right now that I think are bargains LOL!!!!! Seriously, though, 10 should get you a superb chassis that only needs a motor and maybe a clutch. JW

Re: Mini chassis April 14, 2011 11:00PM
What does your 17k chassis come with. Is it new? Is it Molly? SCS gear box? TI can? Some of these items add up quick. Need more info. I'd say if it was new complete with all the good parts and all you have to put in is your engine, 17 isn't far off. But on the other hand, like badit496 mentioned what are you using it for. If your putting a NA SBC in it there no need for that kind of chassis IMO.

Re: Mini chassis April 15, 2011 07:20AM
Guess I should clarify--I am talking about used. What Ladell says is about right for new stuff and having someone else do all the work and what constitutes a "roller". I just jumped to a conclusion that the original poster was talking used--sorry. JW

Re: Mini chassis April 16, 2011 11:20AM
It is a new chassis, mild steel not moly. No gear box. Firestone tires, aluminum wheels, steering, seat, harness, no fuel tank. It will be for state level pulling with a blown small block.

Re: Mini chassis April 16, 2011 03:11PM
I think I'd do a little checking around yet. Alot of used GN chassis out there with better parts for less. Just my 2cents.

Re: Mini chassis April 17, 2011 03:25AM
call Dan at Advanced chassis he can help, super guy very nice to deal with.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,756, Posts: 229,913, Members: 3,335.
This forum: Topics: 37,092, Posts: 226,013.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM