Thumbs UpMy Opinion--NTPA vs PPL-- the media side of the sport April 19, 2011 09:25AM
I just got done reading Gregg Randall’s “Building Boost” article in the “Puller” and it looks like the NTPA is going to offer live streaming at 6 to 7 events this year. It also appears that the NTPA will offer video/audio with a reduced fee for only the audio portion only if the subscriber chooses. While The NTPA keeps raising the bar in an effort to keep their fans informed and involved in the sport, PPL is yet to provide the services to the pulling community that NTPA is offering. PPL has a very impressive lineup in their Lucas Oil Championship Tour, yet the one area that PPL is behind is their use and commitment in the Internet community. NTPA does a good job with their web site and Jon Dunlap does a great job with “real time” results at several pulls throughout the year. And when the results are not posted live from the pulling site they are posted in a timely manner on the NTPA site.

I would like to see PPL take a more active roll in providing the fans and pullers timely results, current web site information and last but not least PPL needs a “pulling” publication. PPL has the vehicles, the events, now they need to provide the information to the pulling fans.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/19/2011 09:25AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion--NTPA vs PPL-- the media side of the sport April 19, 2011 12:21PM
you said it all

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion--NTPA vs PPL-- the media side of the sport April 19, 2011 01:01PM
I do agree with you on all your internet points. But I will say the hi def Lucas oil coverage on Versus is WAY better than anything on RFD. I just wish there was way more of it.

Re: Thumbs UpMy Opinion--NTPA vs PPL-- the media side of the sport April 19, 2011 01:55PM
where is ntpa going to get the feed from, will it be like an unedited show that will alos be on rfdtv. how much will each one cost

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,961, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,044.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009