Bryan Lively-Hook Mag. April 28, 2011 07:51AM
Just went to the mailbox(it's to wet to plant) and there was the new issue of the HOOK. Awsome picture on the cover and stacked full of great pictures and articles. It's great having someone like Bryan editor of such a great magazine. Keep up the good work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2011 02:03PM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Bryan Lively-Hook Mag. April 28, 2011 09:30AM
Oh Bryan Bryan Bryan.

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
www.easternextremepulling.com
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2011 02:04PM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Bryan Lively-Hook Mag. April 28, 2011 02:14PM
Just got my copy also, great cover photo of Art and Tyler Woolever's "Just in Case" 930. The Woolever's hook in the 8500 Mod Turbo/Limited Pro class. A beautiful tractor and a great photo by the Eastern Extreme media department. Several good articles in this months edition, Keystone Nationals, Keystone Antique’s, Bluegrass Super Pull, Tallmadge, Pulling European Style, etc. and a tech article on Elec. Fans. The "Hook" is certainly becoming the "Your Pulling Source" magazine by covering a wide range of tractor pulling.
Link to the "Hook" magazine

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2011 02:21PM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Bryan Lively-Hook Mag. April 28, 2011 02:18PM
Thank you Kenneth for the good words, you were there when I was a wide-eyed kid watching my heroes in Leitchfield before this ever became a reality. The only difference now is my age, Im still wide-eyed no matter whats on the track. I am blessed to do what I do, and because of that I will give it my best in every issue.

As for you J R...well I can't really say over the internet, you'll just have to get an earful sometime soon Smiling

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: Bryan Lively-Hook Mag. April 28, 2011 02:21PM
Thank you too Dick, your devotion to the sport as well as Jake's passion for it show here for sure. I am glad we all have a place to express ourselves like we do on Pulloff.com

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Re: Bryan Lively-Hook Mag. April 28, 2011 02:35PM
Years ago I use to subscribe to Hook because it was the only pulling magazine I new about at the time. I stopped subscibing because back then it was black n white and covered every type of pulling (horse pulling & antiques) except what I was wanting to read about. Based upon this post and the link I think you may have a new subscriber! I guess a lot of things can change over twenty five years. BTW I love the tech articles that are linked to your website!

DPS

Re: Bryan Lively-Hook Mag. April 28, 2011 06:07PM
Recently became a fan of the HOOK! Our new store manager in Champaign, IL area has been a long time subscriber and had been leaving older issues of the mag in the break room. I will be following the magazine closer now! Very nice pics and non-bias articles.

Re: Bryan Lively-Hook Mag. May 01, 2011 11:08AM
doc,i remember a magazine called"pulling,tractor,truck,and livestock".it was black and white too,sometime around mid '80s..

Re: Bryan Lively-Hook Mag. May 01, 2011 12:05PM
You're right...it wasnt the fact that it was black n white it was the fact that I wasnt into antique or horse pulling. I like the new direction of the magazine and I am once again interested in subscribing. I also remember black n white tv with three channels only and no remote control. Got rabbit ears! TK

DPS

Re: Bryan Lively-Hook Mag. April 28, 2011 11:48PM
Now you listen here Lively One................ Drinking

J R
Eastern Extreme Pulling
www.easternextremepulling.com
EEPPULLINGVIDEOS

Pro Pulling Magazine
Hook Magazine

Re: Bryan Lively-Hook Mag. May 01, 2011 01:23AM
when was the first issue ? got my first one october 94 . wont be with out it

Re: Bryan Lively-Hook Mag. May 01, 2011 07:22AM
It was a spin off of Antique Power. Spring or Fall of 93 was the first issue. I have a storage unit where I keep them haven't had a chance to put a set together yet! Been reading some of them, lots of interesting stuff and much of it relevant for antiques today.

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,731, Posts: 229,864, Members: 3,332.
This forum: Topics: 37,086, Posts: 225,984.

Our newest member WestonFarms