Confused My prediction- PPL Class Champions May 19, 2011 05:48AM
I thought I would make a prediction for the PPL Championship Tour champions for the 2011 fully realizing that PPL has already one event with two sessions in the TWD, Unl SS, Mod and FWD classes.

The Speedco FWD class is one of the strongest classes in all of tractor pulling. I think that Gary Varner with “Fast Break” will make a real strong run in pursuit of the championship with Jim Bosch and his “Midnight Raider” pushing Gary hard all season. Steve Clem driving “Radical” and Jake Zaring with “ Dixie Chopper” will be in the top of the point’s race all season. My prediction; Gary Varner

The MAC Trailer UNL.SS class looks like a red winner again this year. The one question in this class to me is if Jeff Hirt keeps his “Runnin Bare” in one piece he will once again be right in the thick of the points race. Jeff drives hard and his “no prisoner” approach got him a well-deserved 2010 championship. My other question mark in this class is Frank Keener and his potent “XXX”. If Frank makes all the hooks he could take the championship. However it is never wise to count out any/all of the Roberts Pulling Team entries. My prediction; John Evans

The Rockstar TWD class is also an real strong class that PPL has once again put together for their PPL C.T. Just like the FWD class with so many great vehicles it is never wise to count out the Longs. Keith driving the “MAVTV” Chevy, or Ricky with the beautiful “Willy Makit” Willy’s, The Long Motor Sports are a safe bet to be in the top 5 all season. However the Nelson Family with their three great looking entries will make this a year that Altamont IL. Gets a PPL champion. My prediction; Jared Nelson

The Premier Crop Ins. PS class sure has a very different look to it this year with the absence of the Boyd family. The Boyd’s could always be counted on to be either in that top spot or just a few points out of first. With the “Green Steaks” not in the picture this is any ones championship to win. However there are a couple teams that look to me to be the favorites. The Domann Family with the stunning “Hurricane Allis” and the team of Moss & Stratton with their immaculate “Young Buck” are the teams to beat. I know that I’m making a mistake on not including the Father Son Masterson Team and this could be Don’s year for the “Tinker Toy” to win the championship. Also D& R Boerson and The Linder Bros are strong running tractors. My prediction; Domann & Sons.

The SF class is nice mixture of Red and Green that will give the fans an exciting race for the entire season. The red entries led by Nick Skarr and his “ Screamin Norwegian”, Tom Gallitz with his “Runnin in The Red” and Al Wright with “Runnin Red Hot” will have their hand full with the green contingencies of John Kutz’s “Diggen Deere” and Team Slama “Fast & Furious”. The SF class is a matter of inches between first and fifth and the points race in this class will be just that close, a few points will separate the first and second place winners. My prediction; Team Slama.

The Light Super Stocks are a new entry on the PPL Tour and frankly I was hoping for a larger field to pick from. There are really two tractors that are the odds on favorite to win the championship. Mike and Dale Sandefur with “Farmboy’s Fantasy” and Mike Wilhite and his “good looking “Blue Blazes”. However if either or both stumble Todd Maedge”s “Monkey Mayhem” will be knocking on the door. The one wild card in the mix for me is the entry of Brent Payne and “The Color of Money”. If Brent has his tractor dialed in he also will be a force in the race. My prediction; Mike Wilhite.

The E3 Sparkplug Mod class is another class that is filled with strong entries. However I think it’s prudent to single out Bill Leischner and his “Rockstar Dirtslinger” as one of the favorites to win the class. I look for Scott Tedder’s “Mr. Twister” and Stan Shelton’s “Shel-Shocked” to push Bill hard all season. Michael Stewart with “Down & Dirty” and Jami Austin and “Predator” will be up near the top. My prediction; Stan Shelton.

The Hot Rod Semi class belongs to Mike Laribee and his “Shameless” 1971 Chevy classic. While there are other good vehicles in the class like Joe Metzger’s “Brockasaurus” and The Walker team along with Dana Lindsey“ Mike will be hard to beat unless he has major breakage. My prediction; Mike Laribee.

Next week my NTPA call.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2011 05:49AM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Confused My prediction- PPL Class Champions May 19, 2011 02:13PM
I like how all of the "picks" in SF are from WISCONSIN

Re: Confused My prediction- PPL Class Champions May 19, 2011 02:45PM
I guess I didn't realize that. Didn't mean to have all my picks be from Wisconsin, just how I think the class will be. Whats your prediction for the class?

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/19/2011 02:47PM by Dick Morgan.

Re: Confused My prediction- PPL Class Champions May 19, 2011 06:05PM
It's hard to argue with the logic until someone from another state wins a title. However I'd love to see Josh Miley get one. He's a really good guy.

Re: Confused My prediction- PPL Class Champions May 19, 2011 08:42PM
Thanks Fuelish Fan! He is very dedicated to the sport of pulling and helping others as well.

My pick for the light super May 19, 2011 11:55PM
Lots of good iron in the light super division, but I gotta root for the boys out of my home state, Go Payne's. While I agree that Farmboys Fantasy and Blue Blazes are amazing tractors in their own right, seems like they have had consistent motor problems over the years that may throw them out of it. Seems like Farmboys is always having bearing issues or valve train issues which I hope stay away, these guys are all spending to much money, and it seems like Wilhite's runs one day and he struggles the next. I look by the end of the season to see Color of Money #1 and Todd Maedge close in #2.

Picks May 22, 2011 12:09AM
I believe one of the runnin red ones will do it again. NO Way am I a red or even green fan. I do know Tom knows and has what it takes to do it again. Facts are Facts Wisconsin has some real good running iron in a few national classes. The season will tell the rest of the story.Smoking

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,644, Posts: 229,710, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,903.

Our newest member JD_8520