Can "stock" tractors compete w/hotter tractors with 10mph limit? May 22, 2011 11:36AM
Can a pure "stock" tractor run competitively with a hotter tractor wiht a 10mph speed limit?

Re: Can "stock" tractors compete w/hotter tractors with 10mph limit? May 22, 2011 12:02PM
See previous recent post, 6-7-8 mph works best for all power of pullers, 10mph and 12 mph classes will allow the higher powered tractors to shine----expecially at heavy wts, a farm stocker can't pull a sanction sled 10 or 12 mph!!!

Re: Can "stock" tractors compete w/hotter tractors with 10mph limit? May 22, 2011 12:05PM
NO. Think of actual field applications. Plow gear was 5 mph , maybe 6 mph. If you have a 466 and inline pump you could get 250-300 hp without too much work(not stock anymore). Five to six mph doesn't do much too please a crowd.

Re: Can "stock" tractors compete w/hotter tractors with 10mph limit? May 22, 2011 01:49PM
I think in a speed limit class it all depends on the sled. If the sled has a drop pan on it I think the hotter one will win pretty much every time. But if its true dragging sled I think a lower powered rig with a goodsetup that can stay hooked in will be competitive. That being said the higher the speed limit the higher the HP.

Re: Can "stock" tractors compete w/hotter tractors with 10mph limit? May 22, 2011 02:19PM
I pull a lot of pace and non pace and anything over 5mph stock tractors dont do well.

Re: Can "stock" tractors compete w/hotter tractors with 10mph limit? May 22, 2011 03:37PM
At 10 mph not so much but at 8 mph its pretty even.

Re: Can "stock" tractors compete w/hotter tractors with 10mph limit? May 23, 2011 08:42AM
We have a hot farm tractor (5500 lbs) and usually run open classes. We went to a pull that had a 10mph pace on an open class - we didnt want to try it but did anyway; we easily had 2-3 times the HP as the others in the class, but it was close. It came down to driver skill and proper weighting, etc. I did end up winning, but only by a couple feet. I don't want to stress that part, but more so the fact that it was really close. Any of the tractors could have beat me given the circumstances, so HP wasn't really a factor at that pull. It was a real eye-opener for me, who had never pulled under a pace before (with the hot tractor). I would recommend anyone to try it - you can say it's boring to watch, but it's tougher than you think when you're on the track.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,645, Posts: 229,712, Members: 3,325.
This forum: Topics: 37,067, Posts: 225,904.

Our newest member JD_8520