Is Atlas pulling parts still in business? May 25, 2011 01:27AM
is Atlas Tractor Company still in business?.. seems noone answers the phone any more

Re: Is Atlas pulling parts still in business? May 25, 2011 02:02AM
their website works just fine

atlasclutch.com

Re: Is Atlas pulling parts still in business? May 25, 2011 02:04AM
funny their card shows www.atlaspulling.com.. well let's get crackin boys! hahahahaha

Re: Is Atlas pulling parts still in business? May 25, 2011 02:08AM
Maybe an old website? idk

One question about their gears...their shoulders are narrower than stock ih gears so you have to use shims on the countershaft..any reason for this? are pulling gears supposed to have a little play on the countershaft?

Re: Is Atlas pulling parts still in business? May 26, 2011 12:00AM
Interesting topic but I had called Carl last week for a fly wheel. He answered the phone the second call I made thats not unacceptable. I may or may not have the part next week he has some blanks of parts sitting on the shelf they just need final machining to customer order.

Re: Is Atlas pulling parts still in business? May 26, 2011 01:16AM
After reading this post it upsets me. I have a 3 disk clutch and complete 4 speed trans from Carl everything works great had no promblems getting him pick up the phone. Been, there done that if you are going to run a guy into the ground you should sign your real name!!!!!!!!! Brandon Coates

Re: Is Atlas pulling parts still in business? May 26, 2011 07:33AM
Do you have Allied's number? Do they make stuff for all brands?

Re: Is Atlas pulling parts still in business? May 26, 2011 09:52AM
maybe your the problem if it takes awhile, I have done a crapton of bussiness with him and got everything pretty dang fast built many tractors with his gears and clutches. had one project that was similar but different so it shouldve took more time than just a normal part, but he got it done for me when i needed it.

Re: Is Atlas pulling parts still in business? May 26, 2011 12:16PM
iv'e known George for years Just getting to know Carl now .Have gotten several clutches and gears from them, not allways the fastest but you will get your parts, they make good stuff at a reasonable price, if you want to wait till the last second to order your custom made part you deserve to wait! hyper, may have it but this time of the year Allied, profab are all backed up also up to 3 months,(I know because I have gotten calls for stuff because they couldn't get it done either. ) as far as making it fit, once you leave the area of stock you are going to need some skills not found at any dealership or tech school grad, it takes experiance with working with aftermarket custom parts. just a fact of life. Scott

Re: Is Atlas pulling parts still in business? May 27, 2011 05:15AM
Everything that has been posted here is true. It has all happened to me over the last 10 years. The good, bad, and ugly. Role the dice if you want or not. Some builders promise what they can not do. Very few tell you flat out NO I can not have it done by the date you need it. I wish they all would be honest. Yes or no. How early is early enough to order pulling parts? A month? 6 months? A year? Longer? If you build a SF and have $50K in your engine fuel and air do you want to leave it sit for a year waiting on a clutch or gears? I don't think so. You will be behind and have to spend more money on your out dated parts before you even used them. I do not have a magic answere. If Atlas does not have the parts on the shelf this time of year and you want to pull this year move on now if you can.

Re: Is Atlas pulling parts still in business? May 27, 2011 01:17PM
We have had very good luck with everyone but Fowler, Never dealt with Atlas so I can not say about them. Safe to say, I don`t think we will either now.

Re: Is Atlas pulling parts still in business? May 27, 2011 02:22PM
Seems like a good idea would be to get the driveline done first before you start dumping money into the powerplant, that way you get the newest technology out on the track while it's still new.

Re: Is Atlas pulling parts still in business? May 27, 2011 03:56PM
Sure, Sounds like a plan, Arthur. Why didn`t I think of that????????? Duh......

Re: Is Atlas pulling parts still in business? May 27, 2011 09:44PM
don't let one post on pulloff make you never try the company...At least you know what your getting from Atlas, if he has the parts you'll get them soon, otherwise if you don't have time to wait, then you can order from a different company.

We went with atlas because they were reasonably priced and I've heard allied gears are known to break

Re: Is Atlas pulling parts still in business? May 28, 2011 02:24AM
The ONLY place I will do business with is Atlas. You will get the best quality from Atlas. I have been told a couple days, and it ends up being a week or so, but honestly, what company doesn't do that. I ordered a t.a. from allied years ago. I was told it would be within the month. It took 2.5 months to get it. If you have been pulling long enough, you will realize they all do it. Every time I am there, the phone is ringing off the hook and people are there picking up things. He is swamped. Like one guy said, don't let one bad post ruin it for everyone. Karl will take the time to talk to you on the phone. He is swamped, but takes the time to talk with you. He knows who you are when you call. How many large companies can you say that about? I have called him at 9 pm at night and he takes the time to help me out. I WILL DO BUSINESS with Atlas for years to come. Good product, good prices. Bill Rice Jr And when you post all this negative stuff, post your name. Pretty simple.

Re: Is Atlas pulling parts still in business? May 29, 2011 01:05AM
Some of you on here must think people are stupid...Atlas may have a great product, but the customer service is what sucks...I know. I work customer service every day.

I have a good buddy of mine that has been waiting for parts for almost a year. When he calls them, if...if he gets a hold of them, he gets a different story every time. When I say he doesn't get a hold of them, he calls, the phone rings, rings, rings and rings. Then he can't leave a message because of voicemail. Obviously there is only one phone number, so there can't be "people" answering the phone. Probably should be one person answering the phone and they don't. I've also been told that if someone comes in during the week with their breakdowns, he's more than likely stopping what he's doing for you and helping them...That's OK to an extent. When someone's parts take a year to get, that's not OK. If you can't provide a prodduct due to work load, not having parts, etc...there's nothing wrong with that, just tell the customer that. Don't promise something that won't be done in a reasonable amount of time.

Obviousley, some of you on here have had a good experience with him. However, there's a lot who haven't. There problem is that they are consistently inconsistent with customer service. That's the number one reason I made a decision not to deal with them.

Call Allied, Call Wimers, Call Riverside, etc...people answer the phone, are pretty damn honest, have an operating voicemail and WILL call you back.

Re: Is Atlas pulling parts still in business? May 29, 2011 02:53PM
i agree

Re: Is Atlas pulling parts still in business? May 29, 2011 06:05PM
Atlas is a very good company. Sometimes you have to wait but they send out good products that last. I got a clutch form them last year and something wasn't right on it... Karl sent George to pick it up (3.5 hour drive) they fixed it and George drove it back to me. How many companies will do that.?? sign your names BRANDON BAURES

Re: Is Atlas pulling parts still in business? May 29, 2011 11:07PM
Good for you Allis 220! You had a good experience with them...

You also live relatively close to them as well...not all of us do. There is however no doubt, that some of those other places I mentioned wouldn't go out of there way to help...

Who the hell wants to wait for parts when they tell you it's going to be ready right away and you're now waiting well over 6 months for it? Give me a break!

Re: Is Atlas pulling parts still in business? May 30, 2011 03:01AM
For every good story at Atlas there is a bad story. Like I said before everything that has been posted here is true on both sides of the coin. It would be great if they could hire 10 good machinists, buy more equipment, and expand. It would be nice to be able to call and get a week or two turnaround on parts. I don't see any of that happening. So what they need to do is not make promisses they can not keep. If they can't get your parts done then say that. You may come back in the future. If you are told the wait is a month and it takes a year, you will never come back. Just be honest.

Re: Is Atlas pulling parts still in business? May 30, 2011 01:04PM
Seems like demand is exceeding supply. THis should be a good opportunity for new shops to start up.

Re: Is Atlas pulling parts still in business? May 30, 2011 03:02PM
Atlas is a great place to do business, if you want great parts you might have to wait just like any other good place, they are there on Saturday and Sunday, how many other businesses are like that? Always willing to answer questions even if you didn't buy your parts from there. I know Karl is trying to get a new building put up so he can expand the business and make it more efficient.

Re: Is Atlas pulling parts still in business? May 30, 2011 04:06PM
What do you know. I thought you was out discing your poor plow job!

Re: Is Atlas pulling parts still in business? May 30, 2011 04:29PM
Easy Kevin shouldn't you be tuning on the MX after last night? Seen a 4.1 Lim-Pro out in front of you.... Must have been his atlas drive line that got him out there!!!!

Re: Is Atlas pulling parts still in business? June 01, 2011 04:26PM
I met Carl and his father this spring , they are both class acks . they took time out to explain things about their shop and what they can do and build . my friend Beaver runs a Atlas clutch set up. and as far as gears go carl had shelfs full of them . and we left with a fresh set in beavers tranny. as far as the phone calls go .carls phone never stopped ringing . he told us about the new shop in the works and showed it to us as we went to lunch . when we are planning to put some new gears in our jd tranny and atlas is the place thats were going to go .. my name is perry

Re: Is Atlas pulling parts still in business? July 11, 2011 05:38AM
I see many thuoght here, but Please! what is the teephone #? I am having No luck with the current number listed or his website as of June10

Re: Is Atlas pulling parts still in business? July 11, 2011 06:32AM
me either i need parts for my clutch and the number says out of order, anyone have Karl's cell?

Re: Is Atlas pulling parts still in business? July 11, 2011 08:05AM
his phone will be back up 7/12 he is moving to a new shop

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,748, Posts: 229,892, Members: 3,334.
This forum: Topics: 37,087, Posts: 225,995.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM