rear end question May 26, 2011 01:34AM
I'm going to show my ignorance here, but I'm a new pulling fan. Can anyone tell me exactly what a needled rear end is? Thanks-

Re: rear end question May 26, 2011 09:14AM
most early ag rearends came with little more then bushings in the differential carrier,fine for most farm work but pulling adds a lot of stress to equipment that company engineers never planned for,needling is essentially putting bearings in the differential spider gears and sometimes thrust bearings on both sides of carrier-makes for a much saner ride down the track! can tell you that rack and pinion steering components do not fair well when your tractor decides to walk side to side in alarming speed!

Re: rear end question May 26, 2011 10:39AM
Do a search for needled rear end, has been a topic on this site many times. Go to builders look at Englers web site had a good description of parts to go in differential (cross). Improves the tractors ability to go staight.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,915, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,014.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM