Eye RollingMy 2011 NTPA class champions prediction May 26, 2011 10:40AM
I just had a chance to go over my 2011 NTPA class entries. While some of the classes are low in numbers there are some very interesting races going on. The DSS will be one to watch to see if Brian Shramek can do his “drive for five”. The LSS also has some intrigue to see if the diesel of Esdon Lehn can improve on his second place finish in 2010. In the FWD class there is a real good race between Rob Foster and the Holman Bros. And the Mini’s is a class that can product a number of teams that have legitimate shoot at the title.

In the SMFWD numbers are again low with five teams and 7 trucks. Larry Douthit and his strong running “BIG DADDY MAGIC” Dodge will be right in the thick of the race again this year, with the Lowe Bros. putting on a strong push with their pair of strong running SMFWD vehicles. My prediction; Larry Douthit

In the TWD class there is one team that may be one of the strongest teams in any class in pulling. It seems that no matter where these guys pull they are always in the winner’s circle. Randy and Jesse Petro are once again the team to beat. Renee Theobald and her strong running “Pretty Wicked” has proven that she can run with the best. And neither the Petro’s nor the Theobalds can forget Chuck and Kyloe Knapp and their pair of strong running trucks. My prediction; Randy Petro

The FWD class has a pair of teams that will duke it out this year for the championship. Rob Foster and his beautiful “Simply Red” and the amazing team of JIM & PAUL HOLMAN with the classic “4Play” can never be counted out. The Holmans always seem to finish in the top 3 at every event. Throw in Peyton Davis and his strong running pair of trucks while be right in the mix. My prediction; Rob Foster

The Super Semi class has one of the strongest trucks in all of pulling, J.R. Collin’s “BUCKEYE BULLDOG” is the reining NTPA champion and he should be in the top three in points for the 2011 season. With Jack Kielmeye and his “Jacked Up” Peterbilt and Larry Carey and his “DODGE FEVER” 1972 Big Horn this will be a tight race. My Prediction; Jack Kielmeye.

The Open Super Stock class while short on numbers has the making of a very interesting race. While you can never count out Jordan & Rich Lustik and the world famous “Silver Bullet” they while have to fight a very strong team in Mike Chizek and Terry Blackbourn with a pair of Case-IH tractors to retain their 2010 championship. Throw in JOE KWIATKOWSKI and Sid Broughton and the field is wide open. With Mike also having two strong running LSS’s to contend with the edge go to the “Bullet” My prediction; Jordan Lustik.

The DSS class has become one of the races that everyone seems to be watching. With Esdon Lehn and the super strong “Red Line Fever” and Brian Shramek and his potent AGCO DT225 “YOUNG BLOOD” this will be an interesting year. And with the likes of Mike Beck, Hans Boxler and Jody Ross on the red side and John Raymond and Jeff Demers driving their Green Supers this will be a dog fight for the championship. My prediction; Brian Shramek

While the LSS class is missing some color this year, namely Blue, it still looks to be a fun filled class. This class, while mostly red has the interesting mix of Alcohol and Diesel, which in it’s self, adds excitement! As in the Open SS class the team of Mike Chizek & Brian Korth are the team to watch. With Larry Phillips and his son Brandon teaming up the “Team Insane” are very capable of winning it all. The thing that makes this class one to watch is to see how Esdon Lehn and his diesel powered “Red Line Fever Lite” will fare after a year of running in the LSS class. Marcus Wettleson with a good start can make a real impact on the point’s race and Jason Irvin has shown steady progress with his “Drunkin Pumkin”. My prediction; Chizek & Korth

The SF class is a class of inches and the difference between 1st and 10th in the 2010 points race was a mere 40 points. So this class is a tossup, however there are a couple teams that’ will most certainly be at the top when the season is over. , Russell Counce & Jed Pettus and their “Dixie Deere” will have a great chance to repeat in 2011. However Shawn Wildermuth on “The Replacement Deere’ and Jerry & Travis Wisel also have a great shoot at the title. My Prediction; Travis Wisel

The PS class has another two-class champion in Brian Shramek. However I think with “Team Young Blood” putting most of their effort in the “drive for five” The team of Tim and Chris Cain will be at or near the top for the balk of the season. If the Cain’s falter, Kevin and Danny Schumker or the Lemkes will be making a strong move on first place. And while you can never count out Henry Smith, My prediction; Tim Cain

The Mod class has a nice mix of motor types, however I don’t think that you can look to far to see that this will be a tight race with the V8 Mods. Once again it will be a race between the Team Wild Jostock’s and Adam Bauer’s “Cross Threaded” with Bret Berg and his “Money Maker” waiting on the wings if either should falter. My prediction Adam Bauer

The Unlimited Mod class has been a class to see who will finish in second place. The first place spot has been won by Bill Voreis 85 years in a row, or so it seems. The one Mod that may make life hard for Bill to repeat is Bruce Slagh and his “Show No Mercy”, however Bruce needs a flawless year. I keep looking for Kathy Schalitz to make a move to that top spot and if they can get all that HP to the ground this could be their year. My prediction Bill #7 Voreis

The Mini’s have become one of my favorite classes to watch. I’m not sure why anyone would drive one but the NTPA has a division full of good one’s. Phil Fairbanks had a great year on his strong running “Rat Poison” with a well-deserved championship. However you can’t count out the team of Swift & Schisler or Rick Peters. And only a fool would discount the father son team of Larry and Adam Koester. And newcomer Jason Hathaway along with the Bauer/Walker team can make this a real free for all. My prediction; Rick Peters

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,758, Posts: 229,915, Members: 3,336.
This forum: Topics: 37,093, Posts: 226,014.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM