1466 allied 5 dics ta May 29, 2011 01:22AM
I installed a allied 5 disc TA in a 1466, with new regulator springs and shimmed with to washers, The Direct drive pressure is 360 psi, but when shifted to TA position the 600 psi gauge is maxed out at more than 600 psi. Has anyone else ran into this problem? And what was the cause. I rebuilt the entire MCV vavle and have now removed to to check gaskets and o-rings, all looks o.k. Any Ideas?
Thanks

Re: 1466 allied 5 dics ta May 29, 2011 05:04AM
having the same issues with mine same ta from allied! weve tried everything with no change if u figure it out let me know thanks

Re: 1466 allied 5 dics ta May 30, 2011 07:42AM
We were having the same problem. I talked to Jeff at Allied, and he said to use the light duty spring and shim it to 375-400 lock up pressure. Reason Bieng the HD spring with 3-4 shims will spike very easilly under pressure. there is pretty much no place to go. so it will build pressure til you blow the MCV Gaskets Or Orings. There just isnt enough give In that spring with 3-4 washers behind it. I went ahead and did that, Now it works Mint. If you have any questions Call the guys at allied. They are Very helpful.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,760, Posts: 229,921, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,094, Posts: 226,019.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM