My Annual JDRF Fundraiser May 31, 2011 02:13AM
It’s that time of year again… time for my annual Diabetes fundraiser.

Last years fundraiser was my biggest ever and I can't thank people enough for their generous support. This year on July 23, 2011 I’ll be riding my bike 100 miles in the Tour De Keuka to support the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF).

I will be riding with some friends (and hopefully my wife... who will be about 5 months pregnant so... we'll see how she feels by then!), and we would appreciate any support you can give. In hard economic times one of the first areas of the economy to get hurt is the non-profit organizations, the JDRF is an organization dedicated to finding a cure for Juvenile Diabetes, a potentially debilitating disease, a disease that took the life of my sister.

Juvenile Diabetes, also known as Type 1 diabetes is usually diagnosed in children and young adults. Type 1 diabetes results from autoimmune destruction of insulin-producing beta cells of the pancreas. Type 1 diabetes is fatal unless treated with insulin. Injection by syringe or insulin pumps is the most common method of administering insulin. The JDRF works very hard to keep overhead at a minimum so more of you dollars can be used in researching for a cure for a deadly disease. Juvenile Diabetes took the life of my sister at 26 years of age.

Please use this small fundraiser to show your appreciation for all the hard work my father and I do to keep PULLOFF.COM running. If you’ve downloaded our Photos, used our For Sale or Wanted pages to buy or sell parts, used our Feedback page to find information, or just entertain yourself about the motorsport we all love, now is the time to show your appreciation.

Please take a few minutes to make a donation of any size. The transactions to the JDRF are safe and secure, and it one of the most reputable non-profit organizations there is.

Thanks to all those who have donated in the past, and thanks to all those who will be donating again in 2011.

For more information about my sister and to donate to the JDRF please click here.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2011 12:00AM by Jake Morgan.

Why you should get involved June 01, 2011 12:23AM
For those of you who don’t care about diabetes:
This fundraiser isn’t just about diabetes, it’s a way to show that you care for PULLOFF.COM. It’s a way for people to give back to this page (indirectly). It’s only once a year, and it doesn’t matter how much you donate, but it’s a very simple way to give back… to say thanks for this webpage. If you read this page, if you use our pictures, if you come here to find the latest news, or advice on how to tune your tractor, if you come here to buy and sell parts or even whole vehicles, or if you come on here an sell your services now is the time to say thanks for all those free services.

Remember 100% of your donation goes directly to the JDRF, none of it goes to me. The JDRF uses that money efficiently and effectively to continue the research towards a cure for this deadly disease.

This page costs me approximately $100 a month to simply run (as traffic continues to increase so do my costs) and I make $0.00. Everything here is free for the taking. Once a year I turn the tables and I ask something from you in return. I don’t ask for a specific amount, and I don’t force you to give, I simply am here asking for your help.

I can’t thank people enough for the donations. Honestly it means so much to me to know that people care about PULLOFF.COM, and the services we provide. I look forward to the day when diabetes is cured and I no longer need to do this fundraiser, but until that time I’m here asking for a small donation.

Click Here to Donate!

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

This page is a free service. The cost is covered out of my pocket. It takes a great deal of time and a fair amount of money to keep this website going. Donations for: photos, classified ads, forum discussion, etc... are appreciated.

Side Note: We are no longer accepting PayPal donations. They have changed their terms of service and stated they would fine PayPal users for spreading "misinformation" and "hate, violence, racial or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory". PayPal did not provide definitions for some of these vague terms. Woke corporate policies regarding "misinformation" could result in an automatic fine of $2,500 which would have been removed directly from the customer’s PayPal account. PayPal did backdown from some of their policies but quietly implemented portions of them in later terms of service. A financial institute has no right to monitor social media accounts or speech. This is unacceptable and I'll no longer do business with PayPal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2011 12:25AM by Jake Morgan.

Have a story of your own? June 01, 2011 07:29AM
For anyone who has a direct connection with diabetes:

Obviously this fundraiser is very, very important to me, and it strikes very close to home for our family, but we aren’t the only family who has been affected by this disease. If there is anyone who’d like to share their story about how diabetes has affected their lives I’d love for you to share your experiences or stories.

One of my favorite things about this website is the sense of community. People share experiences and memories about past pulls, tractors, and experiences at events. I’d love to hear from others in our pulling community regarding how diabetes has affected their lives or the lives of the one’s they love.

Thanks again to all those who contribute to this page and have made it so successful over the years. A huge thank you to those who have contributed to my fundraisers in the past, and those who are planning on contributing this year.

Click Here to Donate!

For those of you who prefer postal mail:
You can also mail me a check and I’ll drop it off the day of the ride. Please make the checks payable to "Tour de Keuka / JDRF" and mail them to:

Jake Morgan
P.O. Box 431
Mumford, NY 14511

Thanks again to all those who have given so far, each and every donation means a great deal to me. Thanks also to those who have left me a small note with their donation, I thoroughly enjoy reading everyone’s quick comments. I know that everyone who reads this page can afford to find $5 or $10 to give to this cause and to support this page.

Click Here to Donate!

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Have a story of your own? June 05, 2011 03:15AM
I discovered i had type 1 diabetes 18 yrs ago. I was lucky to find a good doctor who uses all the latest technology and i ve had very few complications so far in my life. I ve been a farmer my entire life and involved with pulling for about five years. Most of my close pulling friends know about my sugar and in the hot summer pulls they keep a close eye on me. I know you read about alot of bad pullers on here but im lucky to be associated with some good ones. Thanks Jake for all you do for for diabetes awareness and research. I ve always hoped a cure could be found in my lifetime.

Re: Have a story of your own? June 05, 2011 04:35AM
Our son Hunter was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at 2 years old. It has been a daily struggle living with diesease. Jake you have been a insperation to me and my family. I have signed up for the JDRF Ride to Cure myself. The ride will be in LaCrosse, WI and I have been riding most of the summer so I can reach my goal of 106 miles. There has been so many changes in the world of diabetes and I truly hope we will find a cure soon. Please support Jake in his ride the money raised will go to continue the fight againt type 1 or juvenile diabetes. There are to many family's like our who know the daily struggles. Hunter had to endure 6 shots a day but now he is on a pump. This allows him more freedom and reduces his shot to approx. 10-12 site changes per month. I know with all the support of the page we can help Jake out and reach his goal. Best of luck buddy and keepem spinning.

Will Jacobson

Hellfire Massey Ferguson 8250 Heavy Super

Founder of Pulling For a Cure JDRF Truck and Tractor Pull

Jefferson, WI

Re: Have a story of your own? June 06, 2011 02:06PM
Will,

That’s awesome that you're doing the 106 mile ride, good luck, I’m sure you’ll have a great time (even if your neck, butt, and legs are a little sore afterwards!)

I’m convinced that someone like Hunter will not have to suffer with this disease his entire life. I honestly believe that we will see a day where we have artificial pancreases and/or they will be able to re-grow a persons pancreas from their own genetic tissue. I truly believe that one or even multiple solutions will be found that cure this disease.

I wish you and Laura the best raising Hunter, and good luck with that great looking Massey.

Thank's again for the support, and thanks for sharing about your son.

For those looking for taxidermy in the Wisconsin area: http://www.jacobsontaxidermy.com

Thanks again to those who have donated, and thanks in advance to those who plan on donating to this fundrasier.

Click Here to Donate!

You can also mail me a check and I’ll drop it off the day of the ride. Please make the checks payable to "Tour de Keuka / JDRF" and mail them to:

Jake Morgan
P.O. Box 431
Mumford, NY 14511

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: Have a story of your own? June 06, 2011 01:13PM
ih farm stock puller
I discovered i had type 1 diabetes 18 yrs ago. I was lucky to find a good doctor who uses all the latest technology and i ve had very few complications so far in my life. I ve been a farmer my entire life and involved with pulling for about five years. Most of my close pulling friends know about my sugar and in the hot summer pulls they keep a close eye on me. I know you read about alot of bad pullers on here but im lucky to be associated with some good ones. Thanks Jake for all you do for for diabetes awareness and research. I ve always hoped a cure could be found in my lifetime.

ih farm stock puller,

Thanks for sharing your story; I hope your good health continues. I have a friend who’s a Diabetic and she very, very seldom has any major problems, and obviously there are some people like my sister who could never get her blood sugars under control. For some people the disease is a constant inconvenience, and for some it’s a constant life and death battle. I’m very glad you’ve got a good doctor and that they keep up to date with the latest technology.

I’m thoroughly convinced that a cause for this disease as well as a cure can be found soon.

Thanks again for sharing.

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Have you ever posted a For Sale or Wanted ad? June 08, 2011 03:10AM
Have you ever posted a For Sale or Wanted ad on PULLOFF.COM? At any given second there are millions and millions of dollars worth of items on those pages. Those ads and those services are FREE for you! However, those ads are NOT free for me. This page costs me money each and every month. I dontate my money and my time to host and maintain this page for the benefit of this motorsport.

Relationships are a 2-way street. This is the one time of year where I ask you to donate 2 minutes of your time, and a small amount of money to say thanks for PULLOFF.COM! I know that every single person who reads this page can afford $5 or $10 as a way to say thanks. If you can afford more and it's on your heart to give more, then I encourage you to give whatever you can or feel is appropriate. The donations are 100% tax deductable and 100% of the money goes directly to the JDRF (Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation).

Thanks to all those who have donated so far, it's greatly appreciated.

Click Here to Donate!

Jake Morgan
P.O. Box 431
Mumford, NY 14511

Thanks again for give back and saying thanks for PULLOFF.COM

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2011 03:49AM by Jake Morgan.

a HUGE thank you! July 21, 2011 01:06AM
A very, very big thank you to all the people who donate to my charity fundraiser. Honestly I couldn’t be happier with the viewers of this page. Year after year I am just overwhelmed by the kind people who help support me in this cause. I truly love the sport of pulling and when I see how supportive this community is it really keeps me motivated to keep this page going.

I’ve seen so many names of generous donors from years past and I’ve seen many, many new names on the list this year and it really feels great to know that there are so many wonderful people involved in this sport. Also, a huge thank you to all those who have left comments on my fundraiser page, I've enjoyed reading each and every word that all of you have written. Thanks again for everyone who’s gotten involved. For those still planning on donating… it's 100% secure, 100% of the money goes directly to the JDRF, and it's 100% tax deductable. There are still a few days left to get involved:

Click Here to Donate!

Jake Morgan
P.O. Box 431
Mumford, NY 14511

Thanks again for give back and saying thanks for PULLOFF.COM

Jake Morgan
Owner, PULLOFF.COM
Independent Pulling News

Re: a HUGE thank you! July 21, 2011 01:41AM
great job Jake, great to see your met and exceded your goal of 10000.00, great to see that everyone comes out and suppots a good cause and we all get to show our apprecation to you for this page, thanks again

Re: a HUGE thank you! July 21, 2011 02:26AM
Jake,you deserve a huge pat on the back for what you do,this diabetes touches so many lives,it also has played a huge role in my family,if a cure can ever be found it would be a miracle,blesses by god. Thank you for your dedication.

HUGE thank you July 25, 2011 05:08AM
Jake and I want to say a huge thank you to everyone that donated to the Tour de Keuka, benefiting the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation. Even though the temperature was in the 90s, Jake was able to complete the 100 miles. We are grateful to be a part of a pulling community that is so very generous. Your donations will add to the fight for the cure of diabetes. May God bless you all. Thank You.

Dick Morgan

www.PULLOFF.com
Independent Pulling News

Re: HUGE thank you July 25, 2011 02:31PM
thank you to you jake, every night when i get home from work the first thing i do is have a beer and look at pull off, i tell my wife i'm reading my bible. its the best part of my day, unless i'm at a pull. pulling has always been a big part of my life and this page is the best thing on the web as far as i'm concerned, thank you for my stress relief at the end of each day!!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,780, Posts: 229,961, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,099, Posts: 226,044.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009