Peoria IL EXPO Gardens Farm Stock Pull June 01, 2011 06:16AM
Hello again all, just wanted to try and get a rough count for the pull. How many of you are coming and in which class will you be participating?

TECH FROM 7AM TO 9:30AM

10AM START PULLING!

We will have an EXHIBITION CLASS at 14,000Lbs. Farm tractors is the only limitation, want some stock appearing tractors that run hot, pro farm, or open class. Trying to see what brings the tractors out, as we have gotten the fair board's attention with the responses on here (THANK YOU ALL!!!). Payback entry fee to top three. Hope to see some of the BIG 6030's/1466's come out for this and put on a show for all the fans!!!

As for the pulls, here are the classes/rules:

Payouts will depend on tractor count. Winner in each class will get $100 (more if more than 10 tractors in class) and at least payback entry fee to first four/five places.

RULES:

12,000lb. 14000lb. 16000lb.

1. Pump/fuel system in its entirety must be stock appearing for that model tractor, and so must the charger (This means that the inlet next to the comp./exh. wheels will match stock diameter for the factory turbocharger, as well as the depth of the wheels protruding into/extending from the housing. 2.6 limit).

2. Stock appearing engine and accessory drive for that model tractor (OEM equipment only).

3. "Out of the field" appearance. (all sheet metal, hyds. and externals/internals tanks, lines, radiator etc. need to be stock appearing for that model tractor).

4. PTO (if equipped from factory) must be present and functional.

5. Rock Shafts (if equipped from factory) and hydraulics must be present and functional (no arms are necessary).

6. OEM Components only (no aftermarket coolers, manifolds, heads etc.) Judges Discretion.

7. No cut tires, No tire size limitations.

8. 2800 RPM will be checked end of track (1% allowance).

9. 18 from center of axle, 20 up from ground hitch.

10. No MPH limits.

11. "Stock" will be at the judges discretion, non-conforming tractors will be moved to the EXHIBITION CLASS.

Rollover protection and seat restraints are recommended.

FWA (Front Wheel Assist) tractors will be allowed to compete without engaging the MFWD (but no articulated or 4WD) in any class for which they fit the weight req.

Drivers will be 18 years of age, 16&17 year olds will need a guardian's signature. No drivers 15 and under.

Neither the vendor, nor the promoters are responsible for accidents/fatalities incurred by any person present.

Rabers will be there providing food, beer tent at the 300' mark.

Any questions call Brock: 309-339-5754

PULL IS JUNE 25TH June 01, 2011 06:18AM
Forgot to include the date: June 25th.

Peoria Expo Gardens
1700 W Northmoor Rd
Peoria, IL 61614

Re: PULL IS JUNE 25TH June 02, 2011 07:45AM
just how many tractors pulling "farm stock" still have the stock diameter turbo inlet/outlets? And what 2wd tractor came with a 2.6" turbo? Most run a stock turbo from a higher power tractor or truck engine, which is what I run. thanks for your efforts, Ed Guenther.

Re: PULL IS JUNE 25TH June 02, 2011 03:18PM
Exactly, I'm not gonna waste my time putting my stock turbo on and I don't think anyone else in our association would either. We are allowed to run 3LM-466. A stock 4430 with stock charger can't compete with a 6030 with a 2.6 turbo and a P-pump. I know you had good intentions but most "Farm Stock" tractors have been modified with at least a bigger turbo. Plus how is someone going to know every make and model turbo inlet and outlet dimensions? My .02 cents good luck

Re: PULL IS JUNE 25TH June 03, 2011 11:20AM
You people act like you are pulling for several thousand dollars a hook. The previous post says this is for a hundred bucks. If you don't want to come then don't, if you want to pull your tractor then bring it out. Doubt anyone is gonna be scrutinizing tractors that look like they're out of the field.

Re: PULL IS JUNE 25TH June 09, 2011 01:52AM
exactly
Exactly, I'm not gonna waste my time putting my stock turbo on and I don't think anyone else in our association would either. We are allowed to run 3LM-466. A stock 4430 with stock charger can't compete with a 6030 with a 2.6 turbo and a P-pump. I know you had good intentions but most "Farm Stock" tractors have been modified with at least a bigger turbo. Plus how is someone going to know every make and model turbo inlet and outlet dimensions? My .02 cents good luck

No 4430 and 6030 that I have ever seen are weighted to pull in the same class with all of the hydraulics and other factory amenities. We have a 6030 that will be there and it won't even make the 14# class. Not even by a long shot. Also the charger on a 6030 is not a 2.6. It's actually a very different unit than any other tractor that Deere has made aside from the 7520 which also had the 531. It has a factory diameter of 2.01 on the inlet side and still has the stock charger. Happy to measure or show anyone there. Thanks.

Re: PULL IS JUNE 25TH June 09, 2011 02:34AM
Hello, Where are you coming in from? Bringing any other tractors??? Please spread the word!

Re: PULL IS JUNE 25TH June 09, 2011 05:25AM
Bringing a 6030 and a few 466's out of Iowa and Missouri. May talk a few into coming for the exhibition hook too. Test a few winter ideas out.

Re: PULL IS JUNE 25TH June 03, 2011 11:34AM
How about you all just show up and don't worry about it, we aren't gonna not let someone pull. This is supposed to be a good time and a chance to bring this back to the HOI fair...we're ruining it already with the "well I'm not comin then" BS! I made that rule as a provision, a "just in case" if you will...I know that most turbos aren't going to be "stock," nor do I know what is or isn't stock on someone's tractor. What I am not gonna have is big chargers comin in there that are $3K and up. We can do this one of two ways 1) have a 2.3 limit with no clipped wheels, map rings, or slots allowed. (which will screw two people that I know about already) or 2) allow OEM turbos that came on a 2wd farm tractor in their entirety (up to a 2.6 limit...just because I don't know what you can get on a "farm tractor" but it's probably not that big on a 2wd"). Maybe we should do a first place turbo rule like the stock cars do....either give up your prize money or give up your charger???

Re: PULL IS JUNE 25TH June 09, 2011 04:12AM
trying to spread the word around here. We are bringing 2 for sure maybe more. turbo rule needs to just say 2.5 inlet, no slugs, end of discussion. I can see wanting an out of box turbo, not some custom $3000 precision charger for "farm stock" but even still, a 2.5" inlet will choke down a 1000hp tractor!

Re: PULL IS JUNE 25TH June 09, 2011 04:55AM
Box stock turbo's from 2WD tractors will be fine, thanks for the support Ed!

Re: Peoria IL EXPO Gardens Farm Stock Pull June 11, 2011 02:44AM
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it to your event this year because I will be on vacation, but If you have it again next year I will definitely have my calendar marked. I am very excited to see this type of farm stock pulling in the Peoria area.

Re: Peoria IL EXPO Gardens Farm Stock Pull June 13, 2011 01:37AM
Sorry you can't make it, would have loved to have another entry as every little bit helps! If there is a thick field this will be at the fair again next year...farm stock is coming back in a big way around here and I hope that we get some support on the 25th of June! The fair director for the pulls wanted my rules and classes emailed to him and he will be there to monitor the event as well...my fingers are crossed for an HOI Fair date, always was one of my favorite pulls to go to!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,697, Posts: 229,796, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,950.

Our newest member CBeard