ih pto shaft June 02, 2011 12:28PM
I'm putting a 1586 input shaft into an 806. The problem im having is matching up the ipto gears, i got the top and bottom ipto gears from a 1586 but the pto shaft ends are different. I thought about changing shafts out but it looks like the gear in the range transmission that the opposite end of the shaft runs into is different as well.

do they make and updated wide bottom ipto gear for the 806 that will match up to the top 1586 gear?

Re: ih pto shaft June 02, 2011 01:18PM
I take it you're in the process of installing a big shaft T/A or big straight shaft in your tractor. I've done this (big shaft T/A). Allied Precision makes a custom IPTO shaft that has the 20 degree tooth pitch to mesh w/ the stock 806 PTO driven gear, yet will go over a large input shaft.

I'm going off the top of my head here. I know the PTO driven gear (bottom gear) isn't what you want, because the power shaft from a 1586 from that gear to the PTO unit was much larger. The 1586's IPTO gear, the gear pitch is 25 degrees. I think, what you want, is the lower gear from a 1066, that will have the 25 degree tooth pitch, the tooth count should be about right, and it has the smaller 6 splines in the driven gear for the long PTO power shaft.

I have this all jotted down on a note @ work, when I researched it. I just ended up getting Allied's custom IPTO gear for the 1206 & saved myself some headache. I never knew they made one till I asked around, a fellow puller told me all about it.

Re: ih pto shaft June 02, 2011 01:26PM
thanks for the info blackstack, i'll look into the 1066 gear

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,766, Posts: 229,932, Members: 3,337.
This forum: Topics: 37,095, Posts: 226,025.

Our newest member DANNY.WAINSCOTT@YAHOO.COM