JESEL Rocker arms June 05, 2011 02:46PM
Has anyone had any experience with the JESEL rocker arms on the Indy head. We have a Ford Alchohol head and it broke all the rocker arm shafts. Has anyone had this happen to theirs and what is some advice against to solve this problem.

Re: JESEL Rocker arms June 06, 2011 05:25AM
Is it the shafts themselves or the bolts that your breaking

Re: JESEL Rocker arms June 06, 2011 07:13AM
We broke several of the bolts and the shafts right in the center. The motor was just sitting at an idle.

Re: JESEL Rocker arms June 06, 2011 12:23PM
How much spring pressure are you running?

Re: JESEL Rocker arms June 06, 2011 12:29PM
Are you running into spring coil bind?

Re: JESEL Rocker arms June 06, 2011 11:57PM
That is the first thing I was going to ask is where are things binding up. Either you have coil bind, or valve clearance issues and now have a bunch of bent valves as well as a bunch of broken rockers.

Re: JESEL Rocker arms June 07, 2011 07:20AM
The problem was the valves ceased in the guides from building to much heat. That's what happens when they leave you sitting on the line to long. What I'm wondering is this going to be a weak link in the valve train or do they usually work fine. The head is fine after a new set of guides. It didn't even bend the pushrods. That is why I'm a little conserned about the rocker shafts. It didn't even hurt any rocker arms. I guess that was a learning experience for me.

Re: JESEL Rocker arms June 07, 2011 11:17PM
Sitting at the starting line too long should not have caused this. Did it run when you tried to pull. Check the timing, could be miss firing at the wrong time or on wrong cylinders building up excess heat or cylinder pressure.

Re: JESEL Rocker arms June 07, 2011 11:21PM
Sounds like the pump timing is late causing extra heat in the exhaust, also sounds like whoever did the head work setup the exhuast guides to tight. If the exhaust vavles set up in the guides sitting at the line it would never have survived a pass.

Re: JESEL Rocker arms June 08, 2011 02:28AM
I have had great luck with Jesel rocker arms and shafts. We have around sisty hooks with ours which are on an alcohol lite super and have not had any issues. I would have to guess that everyone is right and you have some other problems to have broken them at an idle.

Re: JESEL Rocker arms June 08, 2011 10:56AM
Derek, You talking about the Duetz tractor. I saw it run at Sedalia and it ran good. What pull were you at when it messed up the valve train.

Re: JESEL Rocker arms June 08, 2011 11:15AM
Derek are you going to get it back together soon?

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,778, Posts: 229,950, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009