What's the deal?? June 12, 2011 02:07AM
What's the deal with everyone waiting on parts this year? Seems like more associations are suffering from lack of iron that is waiting on parts? Is this just a lame excuse for not showing or has a few over spent and well has ran dry.
Last time I checked pulling season generally starts in the 1st part of June every year so it is not like everyone hasn't had time to prepare. Another thing seems like some of the parts that some are needing could easily be obtained by reading the For Sale page on this website. There is enough IH parts on here for sale to slap something together and hit a track anywhere in the country.

Just kind of an interesting start this year

Re: What's the deal?? June 12, 2011 02:19AM
We are waiting to get on the dyno with our new motor. July 1st is our scheduled date unless someone cancels.

Re: What's the deal?? June 12, 2011 03:45AM
We have been waiting for six months for block prep and assembly! Can't hurry a good man.

Re: What's the deal?? June 12, 2011 08:31AM
I GOT A FEELING THAT THE AUTHOR INTERESTRING, IS A WHAT I REFER TO AS A ARM CHAIR PULLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DEFINITION=1.a person that thinks they know everything about pulling,but knows little or nothing...2.as they consume alcohol, they even become a better knowledgeable( know it all arm chair puller)........3.a person that has never drove a modified pulling vehicle down a track!!!!BUT they usually have pulled a lawn mower or a antique somewhere along the line(((I WISH I WAS A ARM CHAIR PULLER IT WOULD SAVE ME $75000 A YEAR))))))) maybe those arm chair pullers arent so stupid after all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

to wheel spin June 12, 2011 08:57AM
As to saving you money, you didn't add the cost of all the alcohol you would consume in a pulling season. So I don't know if it would save you any money to become an arm chair puller, but you would have so much knowledge at the end of the year, that you could charge people for that knowledge!!! You might be right being an arm chair puller!!!!

Re: What's the deal?? June 14, 2011 07:31PM
wheel spin
I GOT A FEELING THAT THE AUTHOR INTERESTRING, IS A WHAT I REFER TO AS A ARM CHAIR PULLER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DEFINITION=1.a person that thinks they know everything about pulling,but knows little or nothing...2.as they consume alcohol, they even become a better knowledgeable( know it all arm chair puller)........3.a person that has never drove a modified pulling vehicle down a track!!!!BUT they usually have pulled a lawn mower or a antique somewhere along the line(((I WISH I WAS A ARM CHAIR PULLER IT WOULD SAVE ME $75000 A YEAR))))))) maybe those arm chair pullers arent so stupid after all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: What's the deal?? June 12, 2011 10:17AM
I broke in late June last year...I waited over 8 months on parts to be built,then another 2 months on the machine shop...I and my brother have been so busy that we are only half way back together....I dont pull a green or red one so I had no choice but to wait...I ran a want ad on here for parts and got no response...

Re: What's the deal?? June 13, 2011 12:01PM
I think what most people don't understand is tractor pulling isn't like car based motor sports. There are not that many ''off the shelf'' parts available for pullers to pick from. Some parts can be used from other motor sport applications. You can go to many small shops and get a small block chevy or ford or mopar built and get a good motor for a resonabile price. The same thing can't be said for the upper levels of tractor pulling. The demand for pulling isn't as large as for most car based motor sports. The manufactures can't afford to make 10000 connecting rods or 60000 pistons. That is figuring only one type of motor, now times that by five,six,or seven classes and then times that by 3,4, or 5 diferrent brands of motors. That to me that is a stagering amount of overhead to expect out of a relativly small number of manufactures and engine builders. It may seem like everyone is waiting till the last minute to get parts but most, if not all the serious teams get their orders in as soon as they know they need the parts. Tractor pulling is a small part of the overall perfomance market with a smaller number of top level shops to meet these demands. I don't like to see any puller miss a pull because he or she has to wait for parts. But the laws of supply and demand and an effort to try to keep the cost down by keeping overhead down creates these delays in parts availability. For the most part I think manufacturers and the builder should be commended on the job they do with expectations that are placed upon them. RickGruber

Re: What's the deal?? June 13, 2011 04:13PM
Nice post Green Addiction and very true all that you posted. Beer

DPS

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,695, Posts: 229,800, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,956.

Our newest member CBeard