Alcohol June 13, 2011 12:00AM
Does alcohol go bad like what gas does overtime if it is sitting in a barrell ???

Re: Alcohol June 13, 2011 02:46AM
Doesn't go stale, but will take on water.
For what it costs, dump the old and buy new.

Re: Alcohol June 14, 2011 08:51AM
builder
Doesn't go stale, but will take on water.
For what it costs, dump the old and buy new.

I wouldnt be afraid to use 1 year old menthanol..Water is heavier than it and should settle to the bottom..Might be a good idea to junk the last 5 gallons..

Re: Alcohol June 14, 2011 03:06PM
That might happen eventually, but the methanol will absorb a lot of water before it gets to the point that it can't absorb any more and separates. I believe the only way to tell how much moisture your methanol has absorbed is to use a hydrometer. Since the water has a higher specific gravity the fuel will show a higher sg if it has absorbed moisture.

Re: Alcohol June 13, 2011 09:34AM
Alcohol in a wooden barrel never goes bad, just gets better over time. The only water it will absorb is from the ice cubes I put in my glass. Never dump it out, thats Alcohol abuse.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,687, Posts: 229,792, Members: 3,328.
This forum: Topics: 37,080, Posts: 225,955.

Our newest member Jason