JUNE 25th: Peoria IL, EXPO Gardens Farm Stock and Truck Pulls June 20, 2011 01:26AM
Saturday June 25th

TECH FROM 7AM TO 9:30AM

10AM SHARP WE WILL START PULLING!

We will have an EXHIBITION CLASS at 14,000Lbs. Farm tractors is the only limitation, want some stock appearing tractors that run hot, pro farm, or open class. Trying to see what brings the tractors out, as we have gotten the fair board's attention with the responses on here (THANK YOU ALL!!!). Payback entry fee to top three. Hope to see some of the BIG 6030's/1466's come out for this and put on a show for all the fans!!!

As for the pulls, here are the classes/rules:

Payouts will depend on tractor count. Winner in each class will get $100 (more if more than 10 tractors in class) and at least payback entry fee to first four/five places.

RULES:

12,000lb. 14000lb. 16000lb.

1. Pump/fuel system in its entirety must be stock appearing for that model tractor, and so must the charger (This means that the inlet next to the comp./exh. wheels will match stock diameter for the factory turbocharger, as well as the depth of the wheels protruding into/extending from the housing. 2.6 limit).

2. Stock appearing engine and accessory drive for that model tractor (OEM equipment only).

3. "Out of the field" appearance. (all sheet metal, hyds. and externals/internals tanks, lines, radiator etc. need to be stock appearing for that model tractor).

4. PTO (if equipped from factory) must be present and functional.

5. Rock Shafts (if equipped from factory) and hydraulics must be present and functional (no arms are necessary).

6. OEM Components only (no aftermarket coolers, manifolds, heads etc.) Judges Discretion.

7. No cut tires, No tire size limitations.

8. 2800 RPM will be checked end of track (1% allowance).

9. 18 from center of axle, 20 up from ground hitch.

10. No MPH limits.

11. "Stock" will be at the judges discretion, non-conforming tractors will be moved to the EXHIBITION CLASS.

Rollover protection and seat restraints are recommended.

FWA (Front Wheel Assist) tractors will be allowed to compete without engaging the MFWD (but no articulated or 4WD) in any class for which they fit the weight req.

Drivers will be 18 years of age, 16&17 year olds will need a guardian's signature. No drivers 15 and under.

Neither the vendor, nor the promoters are responsible for accidents/fatalities incurred by any person present.

Rabers will be there providing food, beer tent at the 300' mark.

Any questions call Brock: 309-339-5754

Re: JUNE 25th: Peoria IL, EXPO Gardens Farm Stock and Truck Pulls June 21, 2011 01:18AM
Been getting some phone calls about air shut off's. I am ok with them as they are more for safety than airflow, and any farm tractor can accomplish the same air flow by taking out the air filter. Velocity stacks are still a no go, as well as aftermarket chargers.

Re: JUNE 25th: Peoria IL, EXPO Gardens Farm Stock and Truck Pulls June 21, 2011 08:45AM
A 2.6 turbo is legal on 1066 0r just 6030?

Re: JUNE 25th: Peoria IL, EXPO Gardens Farm Stock and Truck Pulls June 22, 2011 01:28AM
6030 didn't have a 2.6, and no OEM charger on a 2wd tractor, that I know of, ever came with a 2.6 compressor. That rule was made to allow anyone who wants to run an OEM charger that might be a little bigger than a 3LM, as some of the new Deere chargers are about 2.5 I think. However, the chargers need to be OEM for something 2WD. No Garret, no Precision, no CDS, no Hypermax, etc.

As for the 6030's, I know exactly what came on them...it wasn't big enough for anyone to be worried about. I will be watching them too, they would have to have an entirely different manifold to accomodate a different charger. There will be a bone stock one there to reference. Also, there isn't going to be a 6030 around that can make 14000 with all the farm amenities on it, it would have to be pretty bare (like exhibition bare) to get to 12, or 14 I would think.

This is going to be fun and fair for all of the pullers! There will be some hot tractors in the farm stock class, a few of them are real good runners, but no one is going to be haulin down through there in road gear, or they will be moved to exhibition...says right there in the rules "stock is at the judges discretion." I am trying to get a class for everyone to be happy in as well, hopefully next year we can have an "open" and a "farm" to please everyone's taste and budget!

Re: JUNE 25th: Peoria IL, EXPO Gardens Farm Stock and Truck Pulls June 22, 2011 05:29AM
So a 3lm-466 with the stock 2.3 inlet is acceptable even if the tractor it's on was factory stock with a smaller charger?

Re: JUNE 25th: Peoria IL, EXPO Gardens Farm Stock and Truck Pulls June 22, 2011 07:44AM
This feels like a loaded question, but the short answer is yes...it was OEM on a 2WD farm tractor...

Re: JUNE 25th: Peoria IL, EXPO Gardens Farm Stock and Truck Pulls June 22, 2011 07:57AM
I don't have a problem with someone putting a stock charger (from some other 2WD tractor) on their manifold regardless of what it came with from the factory so long as it's an OEM unaltered charger. No map rings, slots, clipped wheels, etc...as mentioned earlier I wouldn't have the slightest clue what came on much of anything aside from a 6030 or a 4440...but we will be checking compressor housings with the boot off, so be ready for a tech inspection.

Re: JUNE 25th: Peoria IL, EXPO Gardens Farm Stock and Truck Pulls June 22, 2011 02:36PM
Not a loaded question at all. Our club's turbo rule says either oem or 3lm-466. so most guys go with the latter option.

Re: JUNE 25th: Peoria IL, EXPO Gardens Farm Stock and Truck Pulls June 23, 2011 12:25AM
Just thinking about what was larger laying around here that might pass for legal. Our new rules are 3lm-466 as well.

Re: JUNE 25th: Peoria IL, EXPO Gardens Farm Stock and Truck Pulls June 23, 2011 03:14AM
I would really like to have everyone there by 8AM or a little after on Saturday. the tech inspection WILL END AT 9:30, if you aren't signed up by then I am affraid we won't be able to get you in and inspected for your class(es) of choice...however, we aren't going to turn anyone down and there won't be any inspection for exhibition, so if you get there late you may be stuck in there. We will be hooking at 10 sharp. I hate to have such a tight time constraint on this but we are guests at a different pull as of right now...the fair board members will be watching so please bring as many machines as you can so that we can invade the HOI fair again next summer!!! First time in ten years that farm stock (or whatever that has become) has been to EXPO Gardens...let's give em' a show that they can't turn down any more!

Re: JUNE 25th: Peoria IL, EXPO Gardens Farm Stock and Truck Pulls June 24, 2011 02:50AM
Pulls are tomorrow.

Sign in/ Weigh in/ Tech from 7-9:30

Hookin at 10AM SHARP.

Hope to see you all there!!!

any questions call Brock 309-339-5754

EXPO Gardens Address:

1601 W. Northmoor Road
Peoria, IL 61614

Please use the Northmoor Road entrance, not the University Street entrance.

Re: JUNE 25th: Peoria IL, EXPO Gardens Farm Stock and Truck Pulls June 25, 2011 12:38PM
thanks guys for having us tractor guys at your truck pull. We had a pretty good time! A little light on tractors, but for a first time pull, that is to be expected. word will spread. Thanks again Brock and Josh, and all the people that made this possible! Ed.

Re: JUNE 25th: Peoria IL, EXPO Gardens Farm Stock and Truck Pulls June 26, 2011 05:58AM
How many pullers showed up and what was the class mix?

Re: JUNE 25th: Peoria IL, EXPO Gardens Farm Stock and Truck Pulls June 26, 2011 08:54AM
Had 16 or 17 tractors show up and most all of them pulled 12, 14, and 16...It was a good day!

Re: JUNE 25th: Peoria IL, EXPO Gardens Farm Stock and Truck Pulls June 26, 2011 06:00PM
Drop pan sled from what I heard. Glad I didn't go. Let us know if you want to have a tractor PULL someday.

Re: JUNE 25th: Peoria IL, EXPO Gardens Farm Stock and Truck Pulls June 27, 2011 05:20AM
If that's the attitude you have towards our sport and its potential growth, we're glad you didn't make it too!

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,700, Posts: 229,800, Members: 3,329.
This forum: Topics: 37,081, Posts: 225,951.

Our newest member CBeard