Onawa, IA June 24, 2011 06:26AM
Does anyone know if the pull site at Onawa is in any danger of flooding from the Missouri river? Seems like it is a ways away....

Re: Onawa, IA June 29, 2011 09:03AM
I have also wondered about the Onawa pull. last i heard they were putting up a retaining wall near Onawa and the interstate I-20 to keep water off the interstate. the bridge that crosses from Iowa to Nebraska was closed i believe yesterday due to the water washing out the road.. from what the news paper said anyways.

Re: Onawa, IA June 29, 2011 09:15AM
Sounds like it'll be tougher to get there for some from the west or south, but even though that land doesn't sit very high up, I would think that being that far away from the Missouri and on the east side of the interstate that Onawa would be spared from Missouri flooding. That's my guess.

Re: Onawa, IA June 30, 2011 01:33PM
I live in Onawa in fact on 15th street that goes to the fairgrounds. So far we are dry but roads getting here may present some problems. If you are driving in from the East you will be fine. If you are coming from the West you may have to go up to Sioux City and come down I-29 as the bridge is closed between Decatur Ne. and Iowa that may change as they are letting bids today to put riprap under the bridge on the Iowa side. If you are coming from the South you need to check with IDOT to see what portions of I-29 are closed. We are three weeks away from the pull and things may change. It is best to check with IDOT as we get closer to the pull

Steve Hansohn

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009