Added Purse for NPPA Tractor class Malvern, IA June 27, 2011 03:07PM
We just were told that a private sponsor (nothing to do with the club) stepped forward and added $500.00 to the purse for the tractor class in Malvern, Iowa on July 16. For those that haven't pulled in Malvern it is a great track with plenty of pit room and some great food. X-Factor sled this year too. Look forward to seeing all of the trucks and tractors in just a few short weeks.

Re: Added Purse for NPPA Tractor class Malvern, IA June 27, 2011 03:29PM
legal chargers this time around?

Re: Added Purse for NPPA Tractor class Malvern, IA June 28, 2011 12:42AM
"legal" - Since we are just trying to get some iron into the class and get it built up we have been willing to work with people thus far. The class is trying to work out fair arrangements with weight and hitch. Most of the tractors for this class are still either being built or just been built and they are still working bugs out. If you have questions or concerns feel free to call or email me.

Chris
www.nepowerpullers.com
www.facebook.com/nepowerpullers

Re: Added Purse for NPPA Tractor class Malvern, IA June 28, 2011 03:50PM
Whats wrong "legal" cant run with them so your going to pout.

Re: Added Purse for NPPA Tractor class Malvern, IA June 29, 2011 12:48AM
I dont think he is pouting.. If the rules say a certain size turbo then that should be simple.. Doesnt mater if they are just trying to get more iron in the class or not.. Follow the rules....

Re: Added Purse for NPPA Tractor class Malvern, IA June 29, 2011 02:12AM
haven't pulled with them yet so i don't know, but to answer your question yes i probably can't run with 1200 hp tractors

Re: Added Purse for NPPA Tractor class Malvern, IA June 29, 2011 02:45AM
In Wahoo it was left up to the tractor guys on how to handle the bigger turbo's and weather or not to let them run
We decided that they would run 500lb light, They still put a distance on us but the important think to remember is that the tractor guys entered in the class made the decission to let them run
NPPA puts on a nice show and the tractor class is going to be a nice addition to this show. But if you only have 1 or 2 tractors in a class it is going to be hard to sell this class to the promoter and then the class will be done

So we need to all remember that we are part of a show as well as a competition and we need to think about whats going to make the show a success so it gets purchased again next year
And the biggest thing to remember is that this should all be for fun

Have a great summer

Mike Langan
402-910-6949

Re: Added Purse for NPPA Tractor class Malvern, IA June 29, 2011 03:26AM
Well put Mike. I am sure that the guys in Wahoo with the "Big Turbo's" spent more in fuel to get there then what they won. They just wanted a few test passes and get to pull with some different people. I talked to a few of them, very nice guys by the way and they were very appreciative of them being allowed to pull.

Like Mike pointed out it was handled internally to the class with what they could live with and didn't affect anyone else. The pullers were happy with it, the spectators were happy with it, and the promoters were happy with it. Anyway, enough about Wahoo.

Malvern is a great track and thanks to Titan Machinery in Avoca, IA there will be some additional funds awarded to the tractors. If anybody would like to hook with the tractor class and you are halfway close to meeting the rules, please call Paul the TI and discuss if you could pull. The more iron, the better the show. See you on July 16th.

Re: Added Purse for NPPA Tractor class Malvern, IA June 29, 2011 05:25AM
I haven't said much about this but no one ever mentioned anything to me at wahoo about the tractors running bigger turbo's or my input for the weight difference. I wasn't happy with it as they took points and money that I could have won. The reason I wanted to run with an organization for the first time was to all be on an equal playing field.

Re: Added Purse for NPPA Tractor class Malvern, IA June 29, 2011 06:04AM
Wes - Sorry you feel that way (and I can understand how you feel). Try to get with me either in Malvern (or call/email before) so we can talk about it. We have had a few bumps in the road but hopefully this can all be worked out this year and we can run everything a little smoother for the rest of the year.

Chris

Re: Added Purse for NPPA Tractor class Malvern, IA June 29, 2011 06:51AM
Thats what i was meaning earlier Wes.... Turbo size and weight.... Rules are rules !!!!! Follow them or dont have them !!!!!

Re: Added Purse for NPPA Tractor class Malvern, IA June 29, 2011 09:21AM
Two sides to that coin. Strict enforcement of rules = very small class of tractors in a new class, disappointed fans & promoters. Relax the rules = more tractors, better show, the only ones that suffer are pullers that meet the rules.

But how many tractors are we talking about here that are getting to these early hooks?

Re: Added Purse for NPPA Tractor class Malvern, IA June 29, 2011 05:54AM
We are still planning on debuting two new tractors in Malvern. If we can find a place to get across the river from SE Nebraska. With the added money you may get some of the tractors from the Western Iowa group and Malvern May be far enough south to attract some tractors from Northwest Missouri. Could be a good show.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009