sqhd June 29, 2011 01:01AM
I'm narrowing an sqhd for a 3.0 diesel pickup I'm trying to use the stock axles and shorten them does anyone know who makes an aluminum spool for an sqhd

Re: sqhd June 29, 2011 04:24AM
Pro Fab
However, ditch the stock axle idea.
Larry doesn't charge that much for GOOD axle shafts.
He also has aluminum hubs available that'll fit the SQHD axle stub but take the large 6 bolt Rockwell bolt pattern, AND the W.M.S. is just inside the axle drive flange area, so you can narrow up the axle some more and make it weigh even less. And keep the SQHD axle shaft OD so his standard spool and drive plates can be used.

Re: sqhd June 29, 2011 04:34AM
I talked to them yesterday and he said to use an h170 spindle so i could use the h170 hubs also i talked to
trb and they have a really nice setup and its not a floater so it will weigh less. Either way its going to be $$$ by the time i get the spool axles and hubs but this game aint cheap

Re: sqhd June 29, 2011 06:00AM
I wouldn't do the non-floater deal, but that is just my opinion.
I WOULD however get TRB's front axle disconnect for the 106 front (FDS75), and run drive plates. AND I'd stress it is an excellent idea to use the aluminum front hubs/disc brake kit from Proformance Pro's, Coleman Racing or Pro Fab. By the time you try to "save money" and use the steel front hubs and make your own disc brake mounts and caliper mounts, you will wish you had spent the money to bolt stuff together!!! (don't even ask how I know that, let's just say I got tired of painting myself into a corner by the time I got the first one done, and we now buy the kit!).

Re: sqhd June 29, 2011 06:14AM
What does SQHD stand for?

Re: sqhd June 29, 2011 07:09AM
Just the designation Rockwell gives (gave) a certain size or weight rated axle.
The F axles are rated lighter than the H axles (F106 and H172 for example).
Usually the higher in the alphabet the first letter is, the heavier rated the axle is.

Re: sqhd June 29, 2011 07:22AM
We went with a gm military front because we already had it, but yes we went with trb's axles up front and performance pros aluminum hubs and disk brakes. the nice thing about if you buy trb's axles and spool they will narrow and weld on the bearing blocks on a sqhd for $500

Re: sqhd June 30, 2011 04:10AM
That certainly tips things in TRB's favor!
Todd is very nice guy and excellent to work with and puts out a quality product!
Larry and Craig do excellent also.
Can't really go wrong with any of the 3 companies.
Just remember, there is a reason all heavy trucks use full floating rear ends.
Well, European ones use planetary rears, but they would be a form of full floating,,

Re: sqhd June 30, 2011 04:25AM
i might end up going with profab because it will be cheaper i'll just have to get spindles and hubs off a h170 rockwell to weld on

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,777, Posts: 229,949, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,034.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009