What Massey trans and rearend to use for pulling? June 30, 2011 02:35PM
Okay, so I have a question. I have been told the transmission and rearend of the 1000 series tractors are the ones you want to be using when building a tractor. Is there much of a difference between the 1135 and 1155 (or 1130 and 1150) transmissions and rearends or will any one of these work well for pulling? Looking at a limited pro tractor or something similar..

Re: What Massey trans and rearend to use for pulling? June 30, 2011 03:44PM
Yes all of the 1100 series transmissions are the same. I would try and find an 8 speed trans as the multipower 12 speeds will not hold up to the torque of a superfarm or a lim pro. The bellhousing is what is different between the 6 and 8 cylinder Perkins. Depending on your budget though stick a profab in it. It will save you money in the long run and hold up to whatever you put in front of it.

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,779, Posts: 229,954, Members: 3,338.
This forum: Topics: 37,098, Posts: 226,037.

Our newest member Jacklovik2009