heavy pics!!!!! July 01, 2011 07:24AM
while browsing today i seen on the western pa antique tractor pullers,photo page,under king of the hill 2010,the largest collection of weights in one place i think i have ever seen..this looks insane!!!...they are a link under state and regional organizations.the jd 720 has to weigh close to 30,000 lbs..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/01/2011 07:25AM by patches.

Re: heavy pics!!!!! July 05, 2011 06:50AM
Absolutely. That picture looks awesome. I went to that King of the Hill a few years back. Its in Portersville, Pa. I am not sure what the date for the event is for this summer. Does anyone else know?

Re: heavy pics!!!!! July 05, 2011 09:17AM
I believe its the first weekend of August. I need a clone because Im in WI that weekend and would like to see the Portersville KOM event too. My wife might disagree about needing a clone of me though Spinning

Bryan Lively -

Photos

Youtube
TwitterFacebookThe HOOK Magazine Blog

Re: heavy pics!!!!! July 05, 2011 02:57PM
[www.flickr.com]

That is an awful lot of weights on any of those tractors! If I'm counting correctly on the 720 (and my eyes may be deceiving me),I think there are 15 weights on each of the side brackets, which would be 6,000 total (15x100x4). From other photos, I count 13 wheel weights on each side, which I'm pretty sure are 100 each (been awhile since I've moved those - feel free to correct me), which would be 2,600 more pounds. 10 on the front for another 1,000. Which is 9,600 without counting the back or the weight of the tractor! I think I count 61 weights on the rear, and a stock 720 is around 7,000 lbs, which would put the final weight at about 22,700!

Re: heavy pics!!!!! July 05, 2011 05:17PM
the ih wheel wts are 150 ea,those guys look serious..i would think the trs would have a hard time just moving on thier own power..

Re: heavy pics!!!!! July 06, 2011 02:57AM
Reminds me of stories of the old free for alls at places like Bunker Hill & Mile Branch in the 60's.
Even before my time! Fred Hippley, a dairy farmer from Salem,Ohio supposedley was over 30,000lb.
on his 806 & the man to beat. Stories told of hooking a backhoe to the back of the sled & letting
the bucket drag drag along in the ground. Doubt these were high speed affairs. Oh the good ole days.
Hey Patches, what ever became of the 1170 ?

Re: heavy pics!!!!! July 06, 2011 06:46AM
harley bought it,as of a few yrs ago the tranny and rear stayed local,and the clutch too.someone was supposed to be using them locally.will probably end up with another tr someday after our son gets out of school.id like to try a turbo gas motor in the farm stock or open farm,but i imagine that wouldn't go over to good...

Re: heavy pics!!!!! July 06, 2011 01:34PM
The first sat in aug. U just cant believe it until you watch it in person.. Pics dont even come close to what it is like.. Some of the tractors are over 15 ft wide when the are weighted...

Re: heavy pics!!!!! July 06, 2011 01:48PM
King of the Mountain will take place the week of the Steam Show in Portersville, PA. That event starts on the 4th. The King of the Hill event will take place August 6th. Starts at 7:00pm. Get there early the stands and the hillside fill up quickly. Here is a link to the steam show's website and the KOTM link. If memory serves me, they do a light and a heavy class. They use the stone boat sled and loader tractor from the www.WPATPA.com club.

[portersvillesteamshow.homestead.com]

[portersvillesteamshow.homestead.com]

Re: heavy pics!!!!! July 06, 2011 02:20PM
oh yeah real cool alright, don't tell me them little axles aint flexing just wait till one breaks and someone gets killed with all that weight shifting!!! won't be so neat anymore

Author:

Your Email:

Subject:

Spam prevention:
Please, enter the code that you see below in the input field. This is for blocking bots that try to post this form automatically. If the code is hard to read, then just try to guess it right. If you enter the wrong code, a new image is created and you get another chance to enter it right.
Global: Topics: 38,670, Posts: 229,762, Members: 3,327.
This forum: Topics: 37,076, Posts: 225,938.

Our newest member JD_8520